Road America July 17 and 18 | FerrariChat

Road America July 17 and 18

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by 575Mike, Jul 8, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi Guys and Gals:

If anyone is planning on taking their Ferrari or Lamborghini or Alfa or Maser to Road America July 17 and/or 18 send me a PM if you would like to park in the infield at Turn 5. We still have 2 infield passes remaining -- no charge.

And we will have a hospitality tent -- with beer, soda, etc. -- at Turn 5 at the parking area near the Road & Track gallery.

:)

Mike

2. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #2 dstacy, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Boy it has been a very long time since I've been there. When I was much younger I hung out there, raced there, and generally lived there when I could. There is a lot of history there, think about us "old timers" who ran there 30 years ago.
    Here are a couple of pictures. In the M entering turn 9 and my Lola 204 in the pits

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I'll be there, but not in an italian...

I could probably put a red tarp over the 4Runner though... no one will notice, i swear!!!

4. John_308qv

John_308qv Karting

Apr 9, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    PM Sent. Will be there on Sunday with the 308. Have tickets for the tour at noon.
    Would be great to join other Ferrari members at Turn 5. Let me know.

Thanks, John

5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Not bringing the 308, but my Lotus Esprit...??? PM sent

6. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    just learned that I scored a couple of hot-lap rides in miller-cup mustangs... saweeeeeeeeeeet!!!

7. Dinoguy2

Dinoguy2 Karting

Nov 9, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Bob Budlow
    I will be there Saturday and Sunday, parking in the Road & Track VIP area at Turn 5.
    This will be my third year at the Road & Track spot. I will again be bringing my red
    Dino 246 GT. Hope to meet the rest of you this weekend!

8. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    I wish a procar would show up there!

9. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    I couldn't make it up to RA last weekend, any F-Chatter's have photos or links to photos?

cheers!

10. Imola82

Imola82 Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Stu
  11. staceman

staceman Karting

Sep 23, 2003
    At Home
    Full Name:
    SGT
    Thanks for the nice collection of photos. You captured many of my favorites from this last weekend.

12. wizzells

wizzells Karting

Jul 16, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Glad you guys like the pics! I've been to a lot of car events (mostly concours shows, F1 races, etc.) over the years, and this definetly ranks in the top 3. It was awesome. If you ever have the chance to go, it is on my to do list on a yearly basis now!

13. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Oh jeesh Wizzells thanks a lot for making me feel old.
    I know some of those cars but not from vintage races, I know them from when they were brand new race cars. I'm almost afraid to admit this but obviously things have changed a lot. Just look at turn 5 and imagine no grandstands, no concrete barriers, and no catch fence. Thats what it looked like when I raced there.
    One of these days I'll dig out some old photos; you guys will laugh your a$$es off when you see who I used to eat brats and corn on the cob with there at Elkhart Lake.

14. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    it still baffles me the number of prosches that run in that even compared to ONE Ferrari, and as much as I LIKE that car (70 512F LM/Can-Am car) it is the most boring, homely, uninspiring Ferrari I've ever seen. (and I even know the owner!).

come on f-car people, get those old racecars out of the museum and RACE them!

15. wizzells

wizzells Karting

Jul 16, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Glad to oblige.

16. wizzells

wizzells Karting

Jul 16, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Agree that the 512 is a pretty boring car, but the sound at WOT is glorious.

There was an incredible amount of Porches there. I would say, probably more than any other marque. Good to see the owners still giving them a good lashing.

17. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    :D

18. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    there were even more 3 years ago at the P Motorsport Reunion... I missed that year, but apparently it was something like 40% of all entrants...

19. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #20 575Mike, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I was sitting in the stands by turn 5 when you were revving the Challenge Stradale. Great sounding car and it's a beauty.

Mark

21. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
  22. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I never saw the 917 go out... we stayed until the end of the last race sunday... after about 10mins, nothing was happening so we left.