Observations after 2000km trip | FerrariChat

Observations after 2000km trip

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by yimn, Jul 21, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    Picked up my 458 at the factory last week and did a 2000km trip from Maranello to the UK. Great fun and excellent car. Two issues I hope other owners can share their experience.

1. Water temperature seems a bit higher than the other Ferrari such as 599 and 430. On Highway, it was perfectly normal at around 85 whereas during stop&go traffic, it went as high as 100 but stable. Is that normal??

2. After downloading MP3 to the Harddisk via the USB port, I couldn't get the HDD to recognize the content. Does the HDD play MP3 or only some special formats?? The CD drive did work however.

thanks

2. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Great work. You must have some cool pics to share!

3. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Lucky you!!!!

4. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    Will try to post pictures once I find some time. Anyway, there must be owners out there who have used the car enough to share their experience with the two issues I mentioned. PLS...................

5. stereotaipei

stereotaipei Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2010
    Taiwan + Europe
    temperature was always at around 80-90- Dealer told me before in prebriefing that 100 is a normal temp, bt I never reached it.
    Didn't try yet the HD, just using my ipod (btw, what is the HD capacity?)

6. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    The HDD has 30G capacity.