330 GTC near Atlanta | FerrariChat

330 GTC near Atlanta

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by UroTrash, Feb 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    This is my first posting on this board and I hope the experienced members can give me some guidance. I am planning to begin an earnest search in March for a high quality “driver” 330 GTC. I have seen two in California, one in Florida and one in NY. I will probably get the closest Ferrari dealership to inspect them, beginning with the two most promising before I start flying around to see them. Here's what I need help with:

Would it be reasonable to put 2000 to 3000 miles a year on these old cars?
    Would Ferrari of Atlanta service cars this old, and if not who near Atlanta would?
    What about the general build quality of these cars and engine durability?

Thanks!!!! mdstrib near Deal’s Gap in the Great Smokeys

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Great car, PM and I will refer you a GREAT guy in Atlanta.

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I had a 1967 330GTC and had it worked on by Jim Weed, ex-FAF service manager. You can contact Jim at 770.938.7291. There is also Mike Gurley in Conyers. also ex-FAF service manager who will only work on older Ferraris from the Boxer back. You can contact Mike at 770.922.8562. Ron Reineke, also ex-FOA service manager now works on Ferraris on his own and may be contacted at 404.435.6760. I would recommend either of these guys to work on any Ferrari I owned.

4. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Fabulous...appreciate it Frank, thanks for the info!! I will call these guys myself. See how they compare to my guy.

5. Dave330gtc

Dave330gtc Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2002
    NW Indiana
    Full Name:
    David Smith
    These cars are very durable and you can definitely drive them on a regular basis. They are comfortable, quiet cars and the air conditioning really can work. If you are partial to the older V-12 cars this would be an excellent choice for you.

6. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Gentlemen, thanks for the leads for wrenches in Atlanta, I feel a little more confident in buying a 35 year old Ferrari now. mdstrib