Scottsdale Auto Salon | FerrariChat

Scottsdale Auto Salon

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by GNALUZU, Jul 20, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Anyone know what is going on over there? My wife just drove by to get gas and said that all of the entrances were coned off and there was a police car there.

2. jlm348

jlm348 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Scottsdale + LA
    Full Name:
    Jean-Louis
    I'm curious myself, it has been coned off since Saturday.
    Was looking to get the cars washed.

3. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Hopefully they didn't close (again). We still have 30 washes on our prepaid wash card.

4. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    Maybe they got raided by Sheriff Joe for employing Illegal Mexicans?

5. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    There is a police car parked in between the pumps.

I guess anybody that actually knows is staying quiet on this one.

6. 6point1

6point1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2010
    scottsdale auto salon went bankrupt again , dumbass Joe curry didn't make the payments and the bank came to take everything . Everyone with pre paid washes is screwed even if they open again . Which I hope to god they don't . And also all employees got screwed on their checks .

7. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    If this is true file a chargeback with your credit card for the washes asap. If you bought them a long time ago and they won't let you say it was a recurring charge and they went out of business so you can claim it.

8. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    #8 copterjon, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
    Wow! That was a gnarly first post. I assume you might have been somehow been affected and are feeling a bit hostile at the moment. I can understand your frustration if you were part of the circus and lost out on money but to call Joe names and make allegations on a public forum seems to be putting yourself at risk legally.

9. azsunset

azsunset Karting

May 14, 2008
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    All the best to Joe and everyone there. These are difficult times and I wish the best for a great bunch of car enthusiasts.

PS: I am out well over 30 prepaid washes and multiple prepaid detailing jobs, including their highest tier all day details. So I feel the pain too, but let's face it.....it just does not compare to having a business closed down.

10. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I agree. Joe is a member here and would certainly see this. We have aleady lost one cool car hang out this year (Julio G's) and it's a shame we have now lost another (assuming what's posted above is correct). Let's keep it civil until there is an offical version.

11. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Well, it is disappointing that they closed, for what ever reason. Especially since there really isn't any other gas station near DC Ranch. I liked that place because it was convenient.

We were about to renew our prepaid wash card. Guess it is a good think that we didn't.

So, does anybody know why there is a cop car parked in between the pumps all day?

12. jlm348

jlm348 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Scottsdale + LA
    Full Name:
    Jean-Louis
    I hope that they are able to reopen and that this is just a temporary setback. Joe has always been good to me.

13. Pit_Stop

Pit_Stop Arizona

Dec 31, 2008
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    I can certainly appreciate the loyalty that many of you have to the Scottsdale
    Auto Salon. I wish them the best.

Pit Stop Auto Detailing, LLC would like to show you another great specialty car wash and detailing experience. I am willing to HONOR scottsdale auto salon's prepaid cards* Please email me or call our scottsdale shop for more imformation. We offer a MOBILE service and have a detailing facility in the airpark. I would like to think that we are highly reccomended here on Fchat

Pit Stop Auto Detailing, LLC
    7600 E. Redfield Road
    Bldg D
    Scottsdale, AZ 85260

www.azdetailing.com

*Will honor up to $250 credit for our service. Some restrictions do apply

I hope this post does not offend anyone...it would never be my intention to do so.

14. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Marcus, normally I would be all over this post like a bad spam suit worn by a guy who is not even subscribed to FChat.... but offering to honor at least some of the per paid wash cards that Joe can not is pretty awesome of you.

:)

15. dozzina

dozzina F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2005
    In a vortex
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It's an awesome gesture. Joe's shop was quite out of the way for me so I don't hold any cards, but I recognize this for the potentially good business move it is. Nice job, Marcus! Hope it works out well for everyone (including Joe.)

16. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I'm sorry, but I find this a bit creepy.
    I appreciate the sentiment, but maybe Joe is not down and out and may emerge elsewhere to honor his cards. Perhaps he should be given the opportunity to chime in on the ultimate prognosis before someone tries to "woo the widow at the funeral"

17. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I can see your point but after this long it is highly unlikely that Joe does not know about this thread and the people posting about their pre-paid cards. I imagine that if he wanted to he would have post on the 20th. And since it is at least $200 of free work that the guy is offering, I would not call it "wooing the widow" so much as helping a brother out of a hard time.

18. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    1) Joe and his family are people I have had the privilege to get to know professionally and personally. I wish them nothing but the best!

2)Marcus does a GREAT JOB and has been doing my cars for the past several months. He is a very good man. I am not at all surprised that he would step into the void as he has. Thanks for all you do Marcus!

19. azsunset

azsunset Karting

May 14, 2008
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Eugene

I agree. Those of us who use Marcus' service and know him, know that he is a great guy who goes out of his way to try not to offend people. I don't think he was being predatory. I think he is willing to go out of his way to earn people's business by offering a great deal to people who may be in need of his services. A win-win situation.

20. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Agreed.

21. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    You guys are welcome to bring cars to us for service and detailing. Bad news is we are are Gilbert. Kind of a hike for the north scottsdale crowd.

Rob

22. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    are you honoring the wash/detail cards?

23. TR91

TR91 Karting

Mar 8, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ
    The heck with car washes--does anyone know where there's another racing fuel pump in Phoendale?

24. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    56th st and Bell

25. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    The gas at 56th and bell can be a little unrealiable.
    If you want the same exact gas that you were getting at scottsdale auto salon, go to Cave Creek and Union hills... north west corner. The pumps at Joes are/were owned by this guy.