Wheels of Italy | FerrariChat

Wheels of Italy

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Dino246gt, Jul 20, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    Hello, I posted in the Michigan section, my bad, but I was hoping to drive my 308 down from WINNIPEG this year, any tips? Advice on where to book a nice hotel nearby? I believe it's near the end of August? My birthday is August 19th, so maybe it can work out as a fine birthday for me. Ciao, Dennis (aka dino246gt)

2. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Wheels of Italy is on August 22nd at Lake Calhoun Business center. I'm a big Dino fan. It would be great to see your car. It is a really fun event. Let me know what type of hotel you like and I'm sure we can hook you up!

3. Reece

Reece Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2010
    MMMMMMinneapolis
    Full Name:
    Reece Mikkelson
    Across the street from the target center is a really nice place called Graves 601 Hotel. It is expensive but really nice

4. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Dino fan? I just happen to have a nice one in the shop right now.

Putting a few finishing touches on it before the "big day".

Come on down!

5. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No Doubt the Graves is nice but you can stay along the beltline 494/694 close to the Airport for a lot less if you want.

6. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Tim,

Who's Dino are you working on now? Like you didn't know I was a Dino fan!

7. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    He's not really a new customer but someone I haven't seen for a few years. The car is a '72 246GT that has been restored but not quite finished after about seven years. Just a few details like new aluminum belly pans.

Stop by and I'll tell you all about it.

We're about due for another little road trip as well.

8. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    I no longer have a dino, now it's a 308GTBi, but I love it. I would like a decent hotel, but I want a safe secure parking spot, does the Graves 601 offer that? I do go to Minneapolis annually and stay around America Blvd, in Bloomington. Those hotels are ok, nothing spectacular, but I don't know about safe parking, under the canopy maybe? I haven't taken this car on a road trip yet, and it's just repainted. Can't wait to do this though, I did drive my Dino246gt on a few longer road trips, no problems. Like to meet Tim as well, as I WAS considering a resto in his shop, just too far away at the time for me. I'll bring a friend with me who's in the market for a Maser '05/'06 Grand Sport. He likes fine hotels and dining. My wife isn't interested in an 8 hour drive in a small, noisy, 2 seater with no radio! Ha! See you there, oh the hotel stuff, still not decided, more info?

9. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Check out the Westin Hotel in Edina next to the Galleria. Very nice and has covered parking available.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/meetings/index.html?propertyID=1799

For dining you can't beat Kincaids - 2 locations, 1 in Bloomington, 1 in St. Paul. The Bloomington location is about 3-4 miles from the Westin in Edina. Excellent steaks and seafood. Very nice atmosphere. A favorite of my wife and I.

The Graves is a wonderful Hotel next to the Target Center and Target Field. There is a Twins game on the 22nd so beware of the traffic.

10. shadeone

shadeone Karting

Aug 25, 2004
    Richfield, MN
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    westin would be prefect....
    turn left out of the hotel parking lot and its a straight shot down york ave from the hotel and you run into lake calhoun.. left turn on the lake calhoun parkway and you are at the back enterance to the show. thats two turns.... doesnt get more simple than that.

shade

11. Reece

Reece Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2010
    MMMMMMinneapolis
    Full Name:
    Reece Mikkelson
    If you want a nice Restaraunt, Go to the View. It is on the same road as the Lake Calhoun Executive Canter, and you already know that the executive center is the Wheels of Italy Location.

12. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    Thanks, I'm lovin' this kind of response, I'm getting more excited about the show, and the trip, thanks! Dennis

13. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car! Have a safe trip down.

14. pmichaelg

pmichaelg Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I am planning to be there and am looking for to getting together with everyone (but no C&C this weekend).

Tim - have you decided (LV vs WOI)?

15. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    It's a really tough choice (some of the FerrariChat "heavy hitters" will be in Vegas) but my true loyalties are here. I'll be there and hope to see everyone.

I will be at Cars & Cafe on Saturday as well.

16. Rojo

Rojo Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2009
    Stillwater
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Sorry guys, but I will be missing WOI and C & C this month - But I will be back in Sept. in a new ride - details to come...

17. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing you.

I can't wait to see the new ride.

18. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    2na

Is that miura you finished for last years show going to be there this year?

19. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    I spoke with the owner this morning, he is planning to bring it.

20. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    has he put many miles on it so far?

21. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
  22. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    Okay, believe it or not, I'm having difficulty booking a hotel, didn't really want downtown, but I called the 601, no go, called the Westin, also no parking, only valet, and the "W" no room for us. We want a delux place with a nice room with 2 beds, we are after all NOT gay, just 2 men travelling to a car show together. I need more suggestions for this, please????
    Dennis

23. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    Hotel is booked, decided on the Radisson in Bloomington, not really all that delux, but nice enough, I hope! I've eaten at their Split Rock Cafe many times, never saw the actuall hotel, but I'm sure it'll be good enough. Hope to meet some of you this weekend! Is there a meet and greet, or cars and coffee or anything that I might attend? We'll be arriving Saturday afternoon, providing my old 308 gets us there without incident! It's a good 8.5 hour drive, let's all hope for nice weather for the trip and especially the Wheels Of Italy Sunday! Ciao, Dennis

24. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Radisson is not that bad! No other events that weekend. cars and Coffee was last Saturday. Kinda crappy, rained the whole time. I know 2NA and I are looking forward to meeting you on Sunday. If we decide on something impromptu, we'll let you know!
    Take care!

Steve

25. Reece

Reece Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2010
    MMMMMMinneapolis
    Full Name:
    Reece Mikkelson
    I will be standing at the entrance with a Maserati shirt if you want to meet me, you sound very nice! I will be holding a Black Camera, too.