F40 book recommendations? | FerrariChat

F40 book recommendations?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by rscholl, Aug 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    Can anyone recommend a good, comprehensive book on the F40 with good quality photos? Thanks.

2. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
  3. PAT30

PAT30 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 15, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    F40 da corsa / Photos Sergio Cassano / Publisher Giorgio Nada ISBN 88-7911-158-2

4. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    thanks for the suggestions.

5. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    Any suggestions are where to find it? Did a book search with the ISBN and it couldn't find it in-print or out-of-print. I've heard this is a nice book. Thanks.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Giorgio Nada is a huge publisher in Italy...top notch.

They should have their own direct website, I'd think.....I have corresponded and ordered from them in the past....

7. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    F40 da Corsa of course is a history about the racingcars. A very good 20 year old book about the standard F40 is written in german by Werner Schruf/Götz Leyer from Motorbuch Verlag Stuttgart (265 pages). It has excellent photos including development and design.

8. MHK69

MHK69 Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt K
    Not a F40 book per se, but The Original Ferrari V8 has a good chapter on the F40 with decent photography of many aspects of the car, with more of an eye to how the car was delivered from the factory.

Matt

9. htapaul

htapaul Karting

Aug 21, 2006
    Morton Wa/Mtn Ctr CA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Osprey has a good one by David Sparrow...Ferrari F40. Also the Mark Hughs book ...Supercars: Ferrarif40. I have the Lechner one in German, which I like as a pictorial of the car in action. The Hughs book is neat that it has exploded drawings of the inner workings of the beast. For BIG money, the #5 volume of the Cavalleria series by Dieudonne/Carrieri is pretty spectacular. I own # 12 (62 SWB), #14 (62 GTO) and #15 (250 LM). #15 is on Amazon for $385. To think I thought $75 was pricey when I bought them.