F430 tire replacement | FerrariChat

F430 tire replacement

Discussion in '360/430' started by dodgeboy, Aug 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dodgeboy

dodgeboy Karting

Dec 29, 2005
    Bloomfield
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have been fortunate enough to use the f430 allot this summer, just over 7k miles. I am thinking about tires soon, maybe 1-2K more miles. I have the bridgestones, but hear the newer models have updated brand/ tire? I plan to order from tire rack and see they carry perrelli, Michelin, good year and bridgestone. any tips or experience to share, THX

2. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
  3. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    Bridgestone RE 050 are great...

4. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    My car came with Pirellis which I like but they are expensive and wear fast. I now have PS2s which are also expensive but last much longer.

Dave

5. drmikethompson

drmikethompson Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Jonesboro, AR.
    Full Name:
    Michael L. Thompson
    I ordered my 430 with Michelin PS2s and have been very happy.

Mike

6. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Many threads on this subject. Michelin PS2 seems to be the popular choice around these parts.

7. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I just got Bridgestone RE-11s on my 360 and after a short break-in period, took them to the track. I don't have a large frame of reference but these tires stick well and have excellent handling characteristics. Their tread pattern even looks like a track tire. Yet, they ride reasonably well and are not noisy. It's not a fair comparison against old, worn SO2s but the RE-11s are quieter and ride better. If you are more interested in ride and lower cost, by all means try out the Hankooks. But if you want max performance, I definitely suggest you look into the RE-11s.

8. reuland

reuland Karting

Jan 15, 2010
    tyler,texas
    Full Name:
    kurt
    I just put P ZERO CORSA'S like on the Scud. They are also made in standard 430 size! They are incredible!!!! Don't know how long they will last but I don't care!!!

9. av2

av2 Formula Junior

May 22, 2008
    S. California
    I have used Michelin PS2s and Pirelli P-Zeros on my cars. The Michelin PS2s last longer, ride quieter and have more traction during most weather conditions. These are by far my favorite street tires.

10. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    Agree. Pirelli's stick well but wear like a candle. I have PS2's on most of my F cars and specified them on my 458.

11. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Anyone try Nitto NT-05's?

12. av2

av2 Formula Junior

May 22, 2008
    S. California
    A friend has these on his 350Z and he uses them for track days. Not as good for streets than the ones mentioned, but good value for competition use.