New Options for the 458 Italia | FerrariChat

New Options for the 458 Italia

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Street&Track, Aug 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Street&Track

Street&Track Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    In the July Orders Collection for the 458 italia there are three new options, does anyone have pricing on these three new options?

(1) Leather lower zone upholstery (Modis code CTU3)
    Leather on door sills, complete center tunnel and rear shelf

(2) Carbon fibre sport package (Modis code CRPK)
    A sports package has been created which includes some options in carbon fibre.
    This package is addressed particularly to those who want to give to the car a highly sports character.
    It includes:
    · Dashboard trim in carbon fibre
    · Window lifter and F1 trims on the centre tunnel
    · Steering wheel with lower rim, central plate and upper rim in carbon fibre
    · F1 paddles and instrument cluster frame in carbon fibre

(3) Carbon fibre filter box cover (Modis code CEFB)

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    my car was delivered in end of july and i have number 2.

3. Fiorano1

Fiorano1 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    Coral Springs, FL
    Full Name:
    Haywood Jabloemi
    All of your codes are wrong....you may want to pick up the new Carrozzeria Scaglietti Personalization Programme guide as all of the information is there.

I don't have my order sheet in front of me but what I can tell you is I ordered all of that with the exception of the lower passenger compartment in Alcantara and ordered carbon fiber wherever available both inside and out and my sticker is north of $300K.

4. shawminator

shawminator Karting

May 16, 2008
    Austin
    Actually, his codes are in fact right according to the July 2010 Carrozzeria Scaglietta Personilization Programme Guide, as I'm looking right at it. Moreover, the Personilization guide doesn't include pricing, which brings us back to the OP's original still unanswered questions.

Ricky N, what did you pay for CRPK for your July delivery?

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    driver zone + leds 6925
    lower cabin zone 8657
    dasboard inserts 3620

6. Street&Track

Nov 10, 2003
    #6 Street&Track, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    RickyN F355,

Unfortunately you do not have CRPK, I wish that you did.

You actually have the carbon fiber options which you ordered and paid for separately. And by the way you can still order all the interior Carbon Fiber options separately.

My point is that Ferrari is now offering a New Interior Carbon Fibre Sport Package Option ( Modis code CRPK) which is a combination of carbon fibre options that are now a package and it has a package price. I just can't seem to find the price.

Now one would assume the package price is slightly less than ordering each of the carbon fiber options separately, otherwise why offer a package, right. OK, we are talking Ferrari here but surely.......:)

My guess is that only October and November builds could have this option CRPK and the price that goes with it. But then again maybe Ferrari released the option and not the price, so October and November builds will just get a surprise.:)

7. Street&Track

Nov 10, 2003
    Thanks Fiorano1,

Can you check and see if you did in fact order any of the 3 new Otpions that I listed and what they were priced at?

Thanks again, and as was already mentioned, I do have a new Carrozzeria Scaglietti Personalization Programme guide which is current as of July Orders Collection. That is exactly where I am getting the Modis codes for these three options. Unfortunately these three new options did not come with pricing.

8. michal12

michal12 Karting

Dec 13, 2005
    Could someone scan and post this "Carrozzeria Scaglietti Personalization Programme" guide ??

Sounds like a very interesting read!

Thanks a lot

9. 458Spiderman

458Spiderman Formula Junior

It's too large a file to post on this forum. I know because I tried. PM me with your email address and I'll email it to you.

Jeff

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    whats the difference between what i have and number 2?

11. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Damn!!! I think its too late for me to add... the boat arrives tomorrow. :D

12. ferrariluk

ferrariluk Formula Junior

Apr 5, 2006
    nice I would add the carbon sport package.

13. Street&Track

Nov 10, 2003
    Actually that is what we are trying to find out.

Most likely the only difference is the price you paid is more than the CRPK package price. All of the options that you ordered with the exception of CILZ and CISK are now grouped together as a single option package.

CRPK now includes LEDS, CIDL, DATR, and CIRL.

I think you said you actually ordered CIDL, LEDS, DATR, CILR, CILZ and possibly CISK, and paid separately for each. Regardless CRPK is only available to orders after July.

14. DULABOURD

DULABOURD Rookie

Jun 30, 2010
    using the configurator and seeing carrozeria Scaglietti the bicolor leather DUAL option put the rrear shelf in leather
    does it seem that the option DUAL need to be taken WITH the option SHF1 and ULEZ ?

15. Street&Track

Nov 10, 2003
    Not sure about that but I know that the Rear Shelf (SHF1) in leather is tied in with a couple of other options on upholstery selection and depends on selecting or deselcting those options with the configurator.

It is however definitely tied in with the New Leather Lower Zone Upholstery Package Option (CTU3), if that is what you mean. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be pricing for (CTU3) package option yet and that is another package option that I am trying to determine the cost.:)

As for the Carbon Package, I do not believe that Rear Shelf (SHF1) has any connection to Carbon Fiber Sports Package which is option (CRPK).

16. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    I've spent the last 3 weeks trying to correlate the configurator with the Modis codes for my order. Even my dealer doesn't completly understand it.

It shouldn't be like this in a 250K+ car or any car. Ferrari has done a piss poor job with this. Its not rocket science for God sakes.

Does anyone understand the drawings in the rear of the Carrozzeria Scaglietta Personilization Programme Guide? Nobdy at my dealer does.

The spec'ing of my 360 and 430 was childs play compared to the 458.

17. Street&Track

Nov 10, 2003
    LouB,

I agree, ordering a Ferrari should not be like playing a game of Pelmanism, but it is what it is. My dealer, like yours, did not have the answers to my questions about options which is unbelievable but true.

I believe big changes are coming to Ferrari but in the mean time if you are ordering a car you have to jump through some hoops to really know what and how you want your car built and even then there are risks.

As for the diagrams in the back of the Carrozzeria Scaglietta Personilization Programme Guide, I found that if you print them out on a high quality printer, you can look at the overall picture and figure them out after studying them a bit. At least that is how I did it. Looking at them online is next to impossible to figure out.

If you have a specific question about a diagram, you can PM me and maybe I can help decipher the code.:)

18. acarey617

acarey617 Karting

Jul 30, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Adam
    when do you take delivery? must be pretty awesome to get it w/all the cf goodies !

19. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Lou and others, while I totally agree that Ferrari should do a better job of explaining option configuration, I think it is incumbent on the dealer to learn each detail before selling a car. Speak to Gianni at Ferrari of Long Island and his understanding of the options is like hearing it from the maker of the car!! PERFECTION!

Joe

20. Forexpreneur

Forexpreneur Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    One would think if you would want a bigger commission due to the final sales price then you would do more homework. I know Ferrari is not the easiest to deal with but one would think as a sales person you could jump through the hurdles. But then again I am a perfectionist. :)

21. Street&Track

Nov 10, 2003
    The factory is back open as of last Wednesday and North American December 458 build allocations should be showing up at dealerships within the next 5 to 10 days, with new orders spec'd very soon after that.

Has anybody heard what the costs are for the following newly announced options?

This package is addressed particularly to those who want to give to the car a highly sports character.
    It includes:

22. Street&Track

Nov 10, 2003
    Going in to the dealer tomorrow, hopefully I will get the pricing I have been searching for, but if not has anyone seen prices on any new options yet?

Does anyone know if there is an August or September Orders Collection?

Has anyone seen or heard of any "New" options since the factory opened back up?

Has anybody heard what the costs are for the following July Orders Collection Options?

It includes:

23. 458Spiderman

458Spiderman Formula Junior

How is it possible that a legit Ferrari dealer can't provide their customers with a current price list for available options?

24. Street&Track

Nov 10, 2003
    It is the wonder that is Ferrari. Ferrari likes to keep their dealers and customers in the dark, it makes it easier to grow mushrooms:)

Seriously, Ferrari is the only car company that I know of that regularly comes out with new options that you can order but are currently without pricing.

Kind of a Carpe Diem but with a Carpe Pricem twist:)

Which is exactly what I am trying to do, I guess I am a sucker for a good mystery.