Ferrari T shirt | FerrariChat

Ferrari T shirt

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Robdownunder, Aug 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robdownunder

Robdownunder Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2009
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I have noticed a T shirt available from Ferrari that reads "100% Ferrari owner."
    Who would buy that? Isn't that the ultimate in being pretentious?
    Certainly not cool IMHO.
    What's others thoughts?

2. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Ummm little too aggressive imho...

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I could see a guy wearing it to a club event. Obviously the thought was there's too many wannabe owners and something like this would supposedly distinguish that.

4. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I don't wear any Ferrari gear. Nothing wrong with doing so however. I find this one a bit much.

Now my wife has two hot looking F tops that she shows off once in a while. Of course that is perfectly acceptable.

5. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    #5 Neonzapper, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
    To me, it would be something a 13 year old boy would wear to show his desire. Ferrari gear is different because it is assumed you are into Ferraris regardless of owning one, but to actually state on a t-shirt that you own one is over the top.

6. f-man

f-man Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 10, 2008
    canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I have 1 Cavalino shield that I put on my wifes black Tahoe (think 1" harley sticker) on the corner of the back window. And one on my 1 ton Dodge pick-up truck (black). It looks like it is factory, IMO suttle and classy display of ownership. Other than that, one hooded windbreaker with a very suttle shield and a black ferrari ball cap that I wear to certain selected outings. Understated elegance if right, Tacky, gaudy and Lame if over used.

7. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    It would only distinguish that if you had to prove Ferrari ownership as a qualification for acquiring the shirt. ;)

All the best,
    Andrew.

8. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    If you stick with stuff that has nothing but the cav. only those who know will know. If you catch my drift.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Is there something called a 70% owner? I don't get it.

I don't mind it though. I wouldn't wear it. I never wear F gear except for a hat when I'm driving or attending an F1 event to show team support.

There's a guy at my work who wears his F jacket occasionally -- and he's not an owner and never has been. I kind of chuckle when I see it. It doesn't bother me. If he likes the dream, I don't see why we should deny him.

But for me, the only one who needs to know I own an F car is me.

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Might be good to clean the windscreen in a pinch! ;):)

11. GTSguy

GTSguy Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Got to admit thinking that, except for club events and races, all the swag seems rather vulgar. Sadly, Ferrari's 'brand' has really lost a lot of its luster. I've heard that Ferrari now makes more money from clothing than from cars.....

12. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    The problem is that it's all very euro-centric in styling (which is understandable) but that makes much of it gaudy and/or 70s style.

I was amazed at the random colors and odd styles in the Wynn store.

Styling aside, I have no problem with people wearing the logo. Remember, it's a sports team, not just a manufacturer. Not everyone wearing a Cowboys jersey played football...

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #13 TheMayor, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
    That's not surprising. A lot of movies make more money from licensing toys, linen, back packs, lunch boxes, happy meals, and pajama's than from the Box office.

In fact, you could argue the opposite. It's the strength of the brand that allows them to sell so much clothing. When was the last time you saw someone wear a Studebaker jacket?

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I agree with this. When I went to New Zealand, one of the things I wanted to do is go to the All Blacks store. I bought a bunch of stuff -- hats, jackets, shirts, etc.

There's no rugby in the states and I'll never be confused for a rugby player but that doesn't mean I can't support the team by wearing their gear (which is pretty cool BTW).

15. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Im with you mate. :D:D

I wear Ferrari hats most of the time, but I rarely wear my Ferrari tshirt. :):)

But, thats because its bright red. I dont mind wearing the logo/brand. I should get a black Ferrari shirt or something. :D:D

I dont mind wearing Ferrari apparel. I mean, ive got a Ferrari.............so why not? :D:D

Just because we own these cars doesnt mean we should automatically stop wearing the Ferrari gear. :D:D

I was wearing Ferrari hats before I bought my Ferrari and I will wear them long after the Ferrari is gone. :D:D

16. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    The 100% owner shirt is a plain show of status, not necessarilly giving love to the brand or team. I would never wear the 100% owner shirt, except to show off my sarcasm At club events of being a pretentious owner. However, I doubt the sarcasm point would be understood by anyone that doesn't really "know" me.

Wearing Ferrari apparrel has never been a problem for me. I've been doing it since I was a kid. It would always make me happy and focused on my dream of becoming an owner. Many people will have that same dream, and will never have the luck or means to become an owner. F-gear keeps them dreaming and helps to fund development for production of these wonderful machines. I see nothing wrong with non-owners sporting F gear. We really shouldn't look down on non-owners who sport the gear. My dream has been just the same as when I look at all the Diecast cars that I've been collecting for 15-20 years or so. Wearing too many F things at one time does indeed appear tacky, but the same principal can be taken to wearing too many designer brand names at once, as well. Since becoming an owner, I still wear F-gear proudly. I buy as F-gear for my children as well, because I enjoy sharing my dream with my family. Plus, they look so cute in the stuff.

17. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The Danger about wearing the 100% owner T-Shirt is, if some low life scum thinks you're a show-off or just plain consided, they can follow you to you home and who knowa what can happen.

18. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
  19. Robdownunder

Robdownunder Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2009
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I agree on all the comments but can anyone point me in the right direction to buy an F430 shirt specific?
    There are two I have found and I don't car for either of them.
    Cheers.
    Rob.

20. PSTexas

PSTexas Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Southlake TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I would like to see a shirt with the simple italian / cs stripe down the front of the shirt -

21. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
  22. Highlow

Highlow F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2006
    Sac
    Full Name:
    Tyler
  23. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    That just just a random google search for Ferrari Challenge Stradale t-shirt link, hopefully it's cheaper elsewhere.

24. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
  25. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.