New Hampshire/Vermont Fall Foliage Run | FerrariChat

New Hampshire/Vermont Fall Foliage Run

Discussion in 'New England' started by Jeff Torrey, Sep 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    I feel a chill and I am planning the annual Foliage Run. My idea is to drive up and have breakfast at Polly's Pancake Parlor and go from there...http://www.pollyspancakeparlor.com/

Looking to get up there for a 9:00 am seating. Thinking about the 24th of September. I would rather do a weekday (Friday). Trying to avoid the congestion during the madness of foliage season.

My idea is to head West from Polly's on Rte 302 into Vermont. Never been on that stretch of road, I hear it's quite scenic and less traveled. We can take some secondary roads South from Montpelier, VT. Updates as the Route is finalized and the date gets closer.

Let me know if you are planning to attend (head count for breakfast). I have 2 Lotus confirmed and I will be driving my TVR.

2. Intheflesh

Intheflesh Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Salem NH
    Full Name:
    John T
    #2 Intheflesh, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
    Yes. definately interested. polly's is a great place for breakfast, and rt 302 is amazing! i was already talking about doing this rt with +1 when the leaves start to change.

i can do a week day, but not so sure about my girlfriend.

3. GregTe

GregTe Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Maine
    Sept 24...I will be at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Vegas. This IS the time of year when I start to put away the boats and think about driving the cars though. I'd love to make another one.

4. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    I have 3 Lotus Elise / 1 TVR / 1 Ferrari (Tom B.) confirmed. Friday is the day... weather permitting.

So all systems go for Friday.

5. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    New Hampshire/Vermont Fall Foliage Run Friday, September 24th

I will be taking a drive on Friday September 24th and your welcome to join in. Meeting at the Hooksett NH, Rest Stop on Rte 93 North. Departing for Polly's Pancake Parlor at 7:30 am for a 9:00am sit down breakfast. From Polly's picking up Rte 302 to Montpelier, Vermont. Crossing Rte 89 on Rte 100B to Rte 100 and crossing the Green Mountain National Forest on Rte 17. Considered to be the Northeast "Tail of the Dragon". Rte 7 South to pick up Rte 125 back over the GMNForest out to Rte 89 South towards home.

I have 3 Lotus, 1 Ferrari confirmed so far...and I will be driving my TVR. I just announced it on F Chat, Lotus Talk, and NSX Prime. I am talking to the Pantera Club and expect a few cars to join in. This is a multi-marquee event. Polly's has a very relaxing, country feel to it. Peak foliage has been recorded there on this specific weekend for 20 years running. This section of Rte 302 is scenic and lightly traveled.

To protect everyone involved... aggressive driving will not be tolerated. Lightly spirited driving when possible.

You can contact me if you have questions [email protected]

My background for those of you that don't know me.

2006-2007 President of NE Viper Club
    Board of Trustees NE Lotus Club
    Director Northeast Exotic Car Show
    Member TVR Car Club of North America

6. Liquid1

Liquid1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2006
    Metrowest, MA
    How long (timewise) is the route expected to be?

7. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    I expect to be in Concord, NH before 5pm. If from Cental MA to be at the MA/VT border on Rte 91 at the same time 5pm.

8. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    Here is the time line for the day. You could meet up with the group at any point if it is easier for you. example: For CT/NY/Western MA people...Skip the breakfast and drive up Rte 91 to exit 17 and meet at the P+H truck stop at 11:00 am.

Hooksett, NH Rest Stop Rte 93 North (NH Liquor Store) 7:15am - 7:30 Departure for Polly's Pancake Parlor

Polly's Pancake Parlor Breakfast 9:00 -10:30 am

P+H Truck Stop Exit 17 off Rte 91 / Route 302 Vermont 11:00 -11:20 (Gas Up / Bio Break)

Rte 17 and Rte 100 Vermont - Valero Gas Station (Bio Break/ Gas/ Snacks) 12:30 -12:45

Bristol, VT 1:15

Han****, VT 2:00pm

Tozier's Restaurant (Ice Cream/Burgers/etc) Rte 107 Bethel, VT (rest stop/bio break/snack or lunch) 2:30-3:00pm -Optional depending on each persons schedule at the end of the run.

Hooksett, NH Rest Stop Rte 93 South 4:30 pm

People Confirmed:

Keeper - Elise
    Dave - Elise
    Jeff T - TVR
    Egan's - Elise
    Tom Begg-n - Ferrari
    Larry- DeTomaso Pantera
    Fred- Elise
    Drew- Elise
    Chris- Benelli cafe racer
    Ryan- Ducati 1198

9. troppoveloce

troppoveloce Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #9 troppoveloce, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
    Looking forward to it Jeff!

Tom Beggan
    1994 348ts
    New Hampshire

10. Intheflesh

Intheflesh Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Salem NH
    Full Name:
    John T
    Hey jeff

I'm in 50/50. Let you know definitely as the week progresses. Is It ok if I refer a friend w an e92 m3?

11. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Hey Johnny if you go I will also, Not like we have anything else to do on a weekday. M3 snowflake?

12. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    Yes M3 works for me.

I need a head count for breakfast at sweet Polly's Pancake Emporium, so as soon as you know let me know. I want to make sure they have the staff on duty to get us fed and out the door.

13. Intheflesh

Intheflesh Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Salem NH
    Full Name:
    John T
    K jeff.

Add three: John - f355, steve - e92m, Scott- r8

14. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    John- Excellent. I assume there are no passengers for breakfast.

So adding 3

-Jeff

15. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    Keeper - Elise
    Dave - Elise
    Jeff T - TVR
    Egan's - Elise
    Tom Begg-n - Ferrari
    Larry- DeTomaso Pantera
    Fred- Elise
    Drew- Elise
    John- Ferrari
    Steve- BMW M3
    Scott Rx-8
    Bob- Birkin S3 / Lotus Super Seven Replica
    Chris- Benelli cafe racer
    Ryan- Ducati 1198

If anyone has a video recorder they could mount on a car to document this run. I would greatly appreciate it if you could bring it.

I am adding the Groton State Forest drive on Rte 232 in VT http://motorcycle-vermont.com/roads/vt-232-a-sporting-ride-through-the-woods/

I am also adding the Bethel Mountain Road on the way out to Rte 89 http://motorcycle-vermont.com/roads/bethel-mountain-rd/

These changes do not change the time on the end of the day. More smiles per mile.

16. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    All systems go for Friday's drive.

Weather looks good for driving. It will be cloudy but chance of rain is only 30% for the day.

I'll see everyone meeting in Hooksett, NH at 7:15 for a 7:30 departure to Polly's Pancake Parlor in Sugar Hill, NH. If your running late plan to go straight to POlly's and you can meet the group there.

Others meeting at Polly's for a 9:00 am sit down breakfast. Planning to depart POlly's at 10:30.

-Jeff

17. Intheflesh

Intheflesh Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Salem NH
    Full Name:
    John T
    Hey jeff

I will ask around to see if I can borrow some friends 'go pro' cameras.

I'm going to be bringing walkie talkies too

18. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    John- I've got two cameras from the Lotus Owners so if it you aren't able to get one we have it covered.

Walkie Talkies are good.

19. Intheflesh

Intheflesh Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Salem NH
    Full Name:
    John T
    hey jeff.

my 2 friends are out, so im 50/50.

20. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004