New Member Folsom, Ca 328 Owner | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New Member Folsom, Ca 328 Owner

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by PT 328, May 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rvance

rvance Karting

Aug 30, 2010
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Hi Dan,
    I just bought a '78 308 GTS and live in Folsom

Rick

2. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    Hey Rick,

Wow, a thread from the way back. Congratulations. Whereabouts in Folsom do you live? I am in Empire Ranch. If you have any questions regarding ownership/service let me know and I would be happy to assist where I can.

Dan

3. Brian qv

Brian qv Rookie

Dec 28, 2002
    Folsom, Ca
    Wow, that's at least three 3x8's in Folsom. Not bad for a small town.

4. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    #29 jm3, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    El Dorado County
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    C'mon, jm3, set up a drive for us... I'm itchin' to do more!

6. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Almost as good as 4 Diablos in Gilroy! ;-)

7. F1.360.LOVER

F1.360.LOVER Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Hey PT328/Dan,
    Welcome to Ferrari Chat and Ferrari ownership. I live in Sacramento and have a Rosso Corsa 360. Check out the Sacramento Chapter of the Ferrari Club of America. Salerno Motorsports is the only place to go. I know three other Ferrari owners that take their cars there. One of them since they opened. See you on the road.

Nate

8. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Guys, I'm going out tomorrow morning on a scouting run, relatively early. Sorry for the late notice.

If you're up for an all-morning, home by noon, good driving kind of outing, PM me. Will leave from the Nugget Market in El Dorado Hills at 7:30.

SP

9. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    Hi Nate,

Actually I have been on this site and owned my car for a number of years. This thread was brought back to life buy a new member, rvance, a few weeks ago. For the items I cannot take care of myself I use Ben Salerno. He is a great and honest guy.

I hope to see you out on the road as well.

Take care,

Dan

10. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    Hey Brian,

How have you been? I haven't seen your car out and about recently. You must drive yours as much as I drive mine. I will be tackling my belt change in the next month or so with the assistance of Birdman's tutorial.

Dan

11. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    No ferrari's just Iso's, Bizzarrini and a lone Fiat Lots of good back roads, make sure your cooling system works!!

12. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Throwing this out there:

Sep 18 or 19, drive and picnic(?) in the vicinity of El Dorado National Forest. Think Alice B Wentworth.....

JM

pm me if you think this is worth some effort.

13. Ninpo4me

Ninpo4me Karting

Jul 5, 2009
    Auburn CA
    Full Name:
    Pierre
    I have just purchased a F430, and I go to a fair amount of the **********.net events and gatherings! Come join us! I live up in Auburn and am not far from you at all. All us Fcar guys should grab coffee and go for a drive up to Cool CA..

14. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Welcome, Ninpo4me! I was just up in Cool this morning - had what was probably the best ride I've ever had in the F355 today. Around 8-Noon today, there was NO ONE on any of the back roads. I welcome you to come along next time I go anywhere! Speaking of which, PM me, as I may be heading out on Monday morning...

15. Brian qv

Brian qv Rookie

Dec 28, 2002
    Folsom, Ca
    Hey Dan,
    Just had my full tune up not long ago, by Ben (I wish I knew how to do it). I take the car out a couple times a month, usually wine tasting in Amador. Almost took my car to Fort Bragg last weekend, but with the weather around a 100 degrees, I didn't want to take the chance. My car overheats too much after it gets around 95. Took the motorcycle instead. Good luck with your belts!

16. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    Good to hear your taking it out at least a few times per month.

I had an issue a few years back where my water temp was reading abnormally high. After replacing the expansion tank cap, bleeding the system, changing the two pole switch at the radiator, replacing the temp sender, and the thermostat with no change in operating temps I called Ben for his advice. I ended up taking it out to him and left it running. He came out and measured the temp in multiple locations and said it was running within normal limits. Before I bought a new gauge I pulled the water temp gauge and cleaned the contact and haven't had a problem since.

Did Ben give you a reason as to why it it is overheating? If not, and you want to stop by I can help you take a peek and see if we can figure it out. It may be the simple solution that I found for mine. I hate to see you not taking your car on longer trips because of it.

Have a good weekend.

17. Brian qv

Brian qv Rookie

Dec 28, 2002
    Folsom, Ca
    Ben has always said that's the way these cars are. They have a hard time in hot temps. My oil and water temps run high in hot temps above 93-95 degrees. Interesting that your problem was a simple gauge reading the wrong temp. That could be my problem. I've only had this problem for the last 3-4 years. Before that, I can't remember seeing my car run that hot. And I've driven my car through the valley for 6 hours in 105 degrees, and don't remember a problem. I'll have to do more testing. Thanks for the offer to help. I might take you up on that if I can't figure it out. Thanks.

18. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    No worries. Let me know if you want/need a hand.

19. rvance

rvance Karting

Aug 30, 2010
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Hello again,
    I've been offline while my car was getting Ca legal at Stewart's Auto in Sacramento. I've had it back since February and have been participating in the ********** events. Most recent was the Cars 2 promo at the Palladio Theatre. I think they are going to have another event at the Broadstone Marketplace on Bidwell in late summer. I hope to see you guys there.............

20. rvance

rvance Karting

Aug 30, 2010
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Rick
    E*U*R*O*S*U*N*D*A*Y events

21. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    I'll definitely see you there, rvance! Congrats on getting the car back - I know I'm always uneasy when the car's not home with me...

22. 308gts79

308gts79 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2007
    San Francisco/Hong K
    Dan,

Congrat on your 328. Try to bring your 328 to the Saturday drive and breakfast. There are a few 328 in the group including my 328GTB.