what the heck is this??? | FerrariChat

what the heck is this???

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Kboy007, Sep 11, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    Huh???? Do what exactly?? BTW gearbox is 5 speed.

2. ztunelover

ztunelover Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    #4 ztunelover, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    That would be the ferrari 512i bb boxer. I shall never forget this model because of my bold statement to Racer44 that this is a modified 308 on one sleepy morning when as a fellow member stated for me not enough coffee went through me. It's the predecessor to the testarossa. As you can guess its got a 5liter flat 12. And it is 100% ferrari built. That ain't no kit car or pretend car.

3. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    The Boxer shape is beautiful IMO. Love a V12 as well

4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Mike, am I really that old or are you just that young? You can't be an adult and have never even heard of a car as iconic as the Ferrari Boxer, can you? Maybe I'm just that old.

Anyway, learn all you want about these wonderful cars here: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90

5. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I'm sure he's an adult. There are lots of people who are not familiar with the vast array of models built by Ferrari (even those from not-so-long-ago). In the ten years I've owned my GT4, there's only been one or two people where I DIDN'T have to explain what make and model it was.

When I first started to get interested in cars - around 9 years old - I had no idea what any sports/exotic cars were, all I knew is that I liked the way they looked and the sounds of their engines ;) I started to get magazines and books to learn what they all were (and die-cast model cars too). It took me YEARS to accumulate knowledge. Nowadays, people can just key in a few words - and post in sites like these - and get all the info in an instant.

6. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I kept trying to find something amiss but there was a reason that I couldn't.

7. Kboy007

Kboy007 Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    Allen
    Full Name:
    Mike Verinder
    lol.. im 39.

I used to be "into" ferrari's years ago.. then.. well had kids.. and that was the end of that dream :).

I've never seen that model. and if you look at the "plate" on the door.
    it says "modified by".. to me.. i thought that meant.. "modified by".... :)

thanks for the info. It does look pretty cool. wonder how it drives :)

I haven't been on FC chat in years.. but you guys dont change ! thanks for the near immediate response !

Mike

8. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    It says: "Mfg. By Ferrari Automobiles" Mfg. = Manufactured

These Boxers were never officially imported into North America, thus, every one had to be inspected and MODIFIED to conform to whatever state's regulations required (extra lights, emissions equipment, different seat belts, warning lights on the dashboard, etc...). Finding a label like this on the car is a good thing!