DISGUSTED IN SC WITH REGIONAL FCA DIRECTOR | FerrariChat

DISGUSTED IN SC WITH REGIONAL FCA DIRECTOR

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by chrmer3, Sep 14, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

SHOULD DAVID SCOTT PRESIDENT OF THE SC CHAPTER OF THE FCA BE FORCED OUT OF POSITION

1. NO

2. YES

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    SHOULD DAVID SCOTT (JUAN MANUEL FANTANGO) BE FORCIBLY REMOVED AS SC PRESIDENT OF THE FCA-

SIMPLE UP & DOWN VOTE BY THE MEMBERS HE REPRESENTS & THOSE WHO VISIT THE REGIONS EVENTS ORGANIZED BY DAVID-

Mark these words:

If David Scott is FORCED to leave the post of president of the FCA South Carolina by a Regional Director that has a DIRECT PERSONAL BIAS against David Scott.. I will no longer remain a FCA member & will close my membership as well as be a very vocal sounding board of what is happening in the SOUTHEAST REGION of the FCA by a director named Charles Claussen.

When you are punished & forced out of leadership for having the most successful South Carolina chapter to date, SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY OUT OF WHACK.

SIGNED,
    DISGUSTED IN SC-

2. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Could you elaborate for us not "in the know"?

3. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    What are they thinking...??? That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard! David Scott does a great job and I think the SC Chapter will suffer greatly without him (if it stays in up and running at all!)
    Who makes these decisions...?
    Shouldn't the members of the SC Chapter get a say in who they want as a leader...?

I have to say that I wish the "politics" could be left at the door. I've been involved in the North Carolina Chapter for several years now and we love doing things with you SC guys.

Hopefully Charles will reconsider this before he just really makes a mess of things!

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Never gonna happen. David will prevail.

I hear he sold himself an insurance policy for just this possibility!

5. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #5 chrmer3, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
    I would expect Charles Claussen to come on this post & explain in all his "wisdom" what initiated this vendetta against David.

Many emails circulating so once Charles provides "his facts" & reason for removal, we can have an active discussion..

By the way, Charles Claussen, what actual happens to the dues members pay to the FCA? Could you explain to us all how the money received is actually utilized? In essence, is any money received by dues used by presidents & directors for their own personal use? Please explain as I really have no idea how this works..

Also, sure be great if the south florida people may have any comments to add...

Here is a great teaser on that:

This is an ACTUAL message sent from CHARLES CLAUSSEN to David Scott

SECTION DELETED BY MOD... posting of private emails to which you were not a party is not allowed on FCHAT

Seriously?

Have popcorn ready, this is going to be a great discussion.

6. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    No one has more enthusiasm for Ferrari and for the people involved in the club than David. Class act!

7. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    David Scott all the way.
    David, that is what happens when you are successful. There is always someone that hates you for it or wants to take it away from you. Trust me , I know.

If in fact this were to happen I would also cancel my FCA membership. I haven't been to the Savannah event in years because I don't enjoy it. If Dave put it on I would.

8. Rbtrader

Rbtrader Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Rich Becherer
    I cannot imagine a better representative of what FCA is all about than David. I also cannot imagine getting scolded for association. FCA needs to be inclusive, something David is really good at. The region should be happy to have someone like David in SC.

9. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    This Claussen character is out of his mind - I don't care if he is a director or not - he don't mean s... to me. What is he talking about the "Ashville people" - that was a great event! I am a member of both the NC FCA & the Florida FCA and am going to stay a member - I am going to start asking around to my friends in the FCA about who this character is

10. ameyer

ameyer Rookie

Jun 2, 2008
    Huh-huh.

Someone told someone else who they are ALLOWED to associate with.

Huh-huh. What a ridiculous joke.

Anyone got Charle's email addy? I wanna email him and ask him what is going on... at least give him a chance to explain what seems, on the face of it, to be behavior appropriate only for Larry Curly, and Moe.

Dave Scott brings in more people than anyone else you will ever meet... telling him to NOT associate with certain people is krazie. Completely loonie-tunes.

austin

11. Fearless Shifter

Mar 1, 2009
    Laurens, S.C.
    Full Name:
    "Brother" McDaniel
    I have known David for years and have done business with him over the years also. I have always found him straight up, interesting, and he really enjoys and lives all things FERRARI. I have been in the FCA on and off for 30 years, and I will also cancel my membership if they force David out...... One thing I have learned over the years... in the world of expensive cars, boats and money, there is always somebody that has an ego that won't quit... does the shoe fit Charles ????

12. f355red

f355red Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    K-town NC
    Full Name:
    todd tanner
    he is atlantaman on here. send him private messages

13. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    I vote that he put a muffler on his Challenge Car!

It is the only car that I've ever heard that is louder than mine.

Seriously,

He is an enthusiastic member and an asset to the club.

14. ManCar

ManCar Karting

May 6, 2009
    Down South
    I've never seen any actions that warrant a dismissal/step down from David. I say let the members of the SC chapter vote on it, officially.

15. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

The one thing I would suggest however, is to refrain from posting emails on Fchat or making any personal attacks. Keep the discourse civil, and we'll be allowed to keep it on the forum by our moderators.

For the record, I'm in agreement with Chris (and all posted above), in my unrelenting support of David the activities he organizes in SC.

16. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Noted. I have consent from the receiver of the emails & thought it was pertinent to prove a personal attack & not related to the performance of the SC chapter. Without this proof its heresay.

That is why I have asked Charles to post. 2 sides to every story.. lets hear the other. This bothers me personally because of the passion David has not only for Ferrari but for everyone around him. He is a genuine person. Thats rare these days, to lose him over a personal issue is intolerable. Its our state club, so I think we should all have our say. Not 1 person to decide that has no input in our events.

17. hinton308

hinton308 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2009
    Gaffney, SC
    Full Name:
    Don Hinton
    I am a very new member of the SC FCA. I do serve on 2 national boards as a regional representative and understand the politics involved. I like Uro would like more information of the history of this feud. I fully support SC FCA as I know how national politics get in the way of regionals.
    Don

18. acm57

acm57 Karting

Dec 26, 2005
    Chapin,SC
    Full Name:
    Tony Martin
    Serving as President of a club, local or statewide, is heck of a lot of work with little thanks for all of the time and personal expense involved. If there is someone out there with more enthusiam and willing to put in the time and effort that David has to make the SC chapter successful, let him run for the office.
    If there has been a violation of the by-laws of FCA then get it out to the membership and quit whining.

19. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    David has always looked out for others. I consider him a true friend and I don't make this statement lightly. A true friend has to earn that title. I don't have room for shallow relationships. David is someone you can count on if he believes in you and would support you 100%. That is a what a human being should be like.
    Not the fake s**t we encounter every day.
    I better stop before I say something inappropriate.

20. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #20 Dincenzo, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
    David and I have been friends for quite a while, even before the FCA. I must admit that we have had our differences, and have not seen eye to eye on everything, but putting all that aside, I cannot think of what this club would actually be without his leadership. I think that he was the right choice in the beginning and still is to this day. Just go through these pages and look at the photos from events from the past five years. Without him, most of them would never have seen the light of day. I hope he continues to serve as our president for years to come, but if he decides to step down on his own, he will certainly leave big shoes behind to fill!

21. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    WTF???!!! This is outrageous! I have been in the FCA for 2 years and have enjoyed the influences of David Scott. He is a great guy and supremely dedicated to the cause of his constituents. This absolutely must be a vote democratically. This attack is an egregious abuse of power and the perpetrator must be ostracized.

22. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    I'm not the one to get involved in the "politic" but David has been a VERY good friend of mine for many years. I don't understand why he should not stay in place after doing so much work to keep the region in action and giving us so many opportunities to get together at many events. I don't go very often to them but each time, I have a great pleasure to meet all the participants. David does an excellent job for our region,,,period!
    Losing him would be a lost to all and especialy to me.
    Sincerely
    Roland E Linder

23. tfling

tfling Karting

Oct 24, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Tony Fling
    I have known David since before I was apart of the FCA. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but he has always come through for the club and its members.

24. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    What I like about the FCA is the collegiality and the shared passione. I don't know who this Claussen guy is, but I have not heard from him once. He does not affect me whatsoever. It is the regional guys who do the networking, welcoming, and all the hard work. Somebody from afar should not have any influence upon our little world. He has no place to say who we may or may not associate with. That is our personal choice. Where do we live again? Oh yeah
    THE USA! Freedom and democracy. This guy is going off half cocked. HE is the one who ought to be ousted for creating turmoil in an otherwise idyllic camaraderie.
    Somebody should start a new poll: Charles Claussen must go!

25. iufan993

iufan993 Karting

Jan 10, 2005
    Charleston, SC
    I am in support of David Scott.

I have been to multiple events. David has been sterlling for FCA in South Carolina and the region. His enthusiasm (he DROVE to Mosport in a Challenge car) for the Ferrari community is unmatched -- anywhere.

To say that the other guy has displayed brazen insolence would be an understatement. Those who have dared show up to an FCA event in something less than a Ferrari would understand completely. David has no such presumptions.

I think most of us in South Carolina are in agreement that David is an asset. I would like to know opinions from others who feel otherwise.

BWS