Custom Gothspeed Exhaust | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Custom Gothspeed Exhaust

Discussion in '348/355' started by ernie, Sep 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    Dave's Gold kit is top notch, it was one of the first things I installed when I bought my car.
    Have never had any issues and tools have come in handy as well.
    Good Luck

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I'll be putting in Dave's kit eventually, but I'll be doing something a bit more radical. I'm gonna completely rewire the looms with milt-spec wiring. The wiring Ferrari used us utter crap in my opinion. Not sure when I'll tackle that project, but it is on my to do list.

3. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    You really went all out with the license plate ....... :eek: ............ its good to see you got your clutch leak fixed and got your new exhaust installed :D!! The single tips, do look a lot better than I thought they would!! Since you demanded slightly larger exit tubing, the sound will be a tad deeper but with a tad more flow capacity as well ..... :) .......... did you notice any 'seat of the pants' HP gain?

Hopefully your 348 will behave for a while now ....... at least untill you get some video ....... :D!!!!

4. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    #54 ernie, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    Once it gets over 6000 rpm I do notice that the revs climb quicker to redline. Kind of hits a sweet spot and then ramps up. Sort of feels the way vtec, on a Honda, does when it switches over to the larger lobes. Not exactly the same but similar.

5. LAgated360

LAgated360 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 2, 2008
    LA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    #55 LAgated360, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just have a few questions as I am trying to figure this out. Why is there a huge scar in the muffler? Was it cut open and tampered with?
    I realize the muffler cannot be seen when it is installed, but the other exhausts are astonishing in appearance. To me it means quite a bit if a company makes them so gorgeous when the muffler cannot even be seen after it's installed. Imagine the quality of work on the inside.
    I am learning to put a picture in this but not really sure how to do it, I will try again

Just my thoughts

Best
    Rick (LAgated360)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    #56 ernie, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    Because that's the way Dr.Frankenstein does things while in the laboratory. LOL!

7. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    The exhaust is designed for fit form and function, obviously not superficial appearance. A polished exterior is not always an indicator of what is on the inside, though it certainly adds to the cost. This exhaust is made from scratch using raw materials. The scar is warp-age from the weld on the thinner outer 'shield material' and at that time I was having trouble with my welder :eek:. Ernie's priorities were performance, sound and custom tip configuration ..... and that is what he got :).

I had one of those pretty exhausts on my 355 and it looked great and sounded great but IMO was lacking in performance. When I took it to the dyno, the gains were only 7RWHP and considering the cost I was disappointed. So I made myself an exhaust and it yielded over 18RWHP, had a great F1 sound and the only delta IMO was, it was not as pretty as the shiny ones. Being as it is barely seen in normal life, I could live with that ;).

8. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Yes they were, and yes, yes I did. Very happy with the results.