DISGUSTED IN SC WITH REGIONAL FCA DIRECTOR | Page 4 | FerrariChat

DISGUSTED IN SC WITH REGIONAL FCA DIRECTOR

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by chrmer3, Sep 14, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

SHOULD DAVID SCOTT PRESIDENT OF THE SC CHAPTER OF THE FCA BE FORCED OUT OF POSITION

1. NO

2. YES

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Actually the term "Assistant Regional Directors" comes straight out of the bylaws, as does the fact that the Regional Director appoints them.

Beyond that, if I'm having trouble with semantics, I'll have to blame it on the cold-meds I'm currently taking!

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Marc for President! Oh wait...

:)

For the record, NC rocks.

3. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #78 chrmer3, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    Bingo.

"term limit" would have provided the cover to the real issues of why this is occuring. Problem is, no term limit. Doh!

I concur... For the record NC does rock, and.. I'll raise the ante from President to Regional Director ;)

4. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    Hey guys, I have a suggestion... Can we just all agree that David Scott is going to remain President of the SC FCA Chapter and put all this BS aside so we can get back to the things that are important...?!?!?!

Since Charles won't "man up" and post his reasons for all this nonsense, can we just call it a truce...??? I would love to get back to my everyday grind of selling cars and enjoying life! I'm sure everyone else has better things to do than keep checking this post to see if there's a resolution... Problem solved...

David Scott - President of South Carolina Chapter FCA

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    OK, it has taken awhile, but here are the facts...

- there are no term limits for Chapter Presidents
    - Chapter Presidents are appointed by the RD
    - Charles wants to appoint someone else besides David as Chapter President

It is all legal what Charles is doing, but now you can focus on your displeasure David is being replaced. :D

BTW, I'm for David!

6. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    #81 BT, Sep 15, 2010
    Since Charles is the RD and there is a 4 year term limit on the RD, how long has he been there? If anyone knows he has been there over four years, maybe I should write him a letter over my displeasure...;)

And Will, no Derby Q this year. We sweated it out at a Boca park with some BBQ, but it was a pot luck type of thing. It turned out well, it was just one of the hottest days in south Florida that I can remember. I am trying to gather a group to come up for some mountain driving the week of October 23rd.
    :)
    BT

7. Viper01GTS

Viper01GTS Karting

Oct 30, 2006
    SC
    Charles is a ________(fill in the blank)

The people of SC WANT David president...officially or unoffically!!!!!

8. EMI-SC

EMI-SC Karting

Aug 2, 2008
    Full Name:
    Chris Felber

I personally think that David is a stand up guy and we couldnt ask for a better person. Hes first class!!

9. f355red

f355red Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    K-town NC
    Full Name:
    todd tanner

10. f355red

f355red Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    K-town NC
    Full Name:
    todd tanner
    BTW, even resnow, the past RD SE and NC pres. voted to keep dave in place!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #86 DrStranglove, Sep 15, 2010
    Wow, I leave for the USMC duty for a day and I miss this??

Can someone post a cliff's notes so I dont have to read 5 pages?

But whatever is said, David is a good personal friend of mine and as I am the owner of two foundations and the founder of three 501 c (3) charities, I can tell you a club is TOUGH work.

12. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

13. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    HE is the one who ought to be ousted for creating turmoil in an otherwise idyllic camaraderie.
    Somebody should start a new poll: Charles Claussen must go![/QUOTE]

+ 10000000000000000 Charles Claussen must go!!!!!!!!!

14. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #89 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Sep 15, 2010
    I am humbled and very touched by this thread. I am truly embarrassed by all this drama, and never expected to be the center of such controversy, as we have seen from time to time develop on Ferrarchat. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I don't want or need the accolades, it is simply my desire to bring friends together, have fun, and remember what this is all about. It's about the people. It's funny, I feel like Jimmy Stewart in "It's a Wonderful Life."

As far as this situation is concerned, yes, it is personal, and has been brewing for a while. We all know there are no term limits at the Chapter Level, but I agree that at some point it is time to move aside. However, that time is not now as I have unfinished business and goals to accomplish.

Since attending the Hilton Head Island Concours since 2002, an event I hope many of you will attend with us this year, it was my dream to have a national meet in Savannah GA. Others in the club shared this vision, and next year it will be a reality. We have great people in charge of this event, Bob Snow and David Sebok, who will make this a reality. I expect this will be the best national meet in some time as Savannah is a destination city with a terrific history, water front, and hotel with track all in one resort. It is my desire to remain in this position at least until after the national meet, Chapter by Laws are established, and my other goals have been accomplished. By then I will have our marque events established, Gordo's Oyster Roast, The Coach I Concours, I Cavalli Da Corsa, and the Hilton Head Island Concours (that David Sebok has done so much better with now that he is in charge) and will be ready to move on.

For the record, I have numerous emails that can demonstrably make my case for being disgruntled with our RD. The facts will be brought forth soon, and a resolution will be made of this matter in due time. As for now, I will continue to do what I do, and that is to promote the FCA, and bring happy people together, less the drama and BS that some people tend to relish. Yes, it is a car club, The Ferrari Club of America. The greatest marque, the pinnacle of automotive engineering, performance, and passion. My blood runneth Rosso Corsa, well actually Giallo Fly Yellow.

This too shall pass...........anyone care to caravan to the National meet on 9-29 from Columbia? (I was not allowed to post this in the FCA News Bulletin). The time to drive is near! If my gear box is finished (yes again), Bob Zambelli in his 330 GTC, Austin Meyer www.x-plane.com Scuderia, and I will be there from SC.

15. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I agree.

I would also vote for him to run the entire FCA if I could.

16. WBFerrari360

WBFerrari360 Karting

Apr 25, 2008
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    William
    I stand with you David. Charles "Atlantaman" Claussen can go shove it! David is incredible and we are extremely fortunate to have him at the helm! I know I have not been to every event or know all of you but the ones I have attended, David put on one heck of an event and has more Ferrari passion more than anyone I have met.

Keep up the good work David--let's just create our own group and leave FCNA in the dust wishing they were apart of what our group has if ridiculous Charles gets his way.

17. cgperry

cgperry Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Chas SC
    Full Name:
    Charles Perry
    #92 cgperry, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As a past president of the SC chapter, I know first hand how difficult it is to find the time and energy to give the club what it deserves. I was ultimately unable to do it and David was appointed to succeed me. David has brought massive energy and momentum to a chapter that desperately needed it. We now have a strong collection of fun annual events as well as more casual local events. We have an involved community and David's boundless enthusiasm is directly responsible.

I sent the attached letter to Mr. Claussen tonight and encourage the rest of you to be equally vocal in supporting what is best for the club.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #93 elgin328, Sep 15, 2010
    Who appointed Charles as RD or should I say WHY?

Most of the events that are on the FCA web site for our reigon were NOT organized by Charles. Most events were put together by Ferrari Chat members or Will Cambell @ FoA & David.
    (by the way, thanks Will)

see for yourself....

http://www.fca-se.com/

click (event sched.)

19. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Is the FCA in SC a 501 (c) 3 company? I.e., a charity or a for profit corp?

20. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    David now has the overwhelming support of the FCA-SC Members.
    He has the support of the past regional director, Bob Snow.
    He has the support of the past FCA-SC president, Charles Perry.
    He has the support of FCA-NC president, Marc McConnell.
    He has the support of your supposed replacement, Buddy Delaney.
    It has also been established that his position has no term limit.

GIVE US GOOD REASON TO OUST DAVID SCOTT AS SC CHAPTER PRESIDENT!

If this is not a personal vendetta, please give us your reasons. If not, stand
    down, and let our president get back to work!

21. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    After reading all this and still no reply from the RD, I think it is safe to say that David Scott is safe in his position and will remain there, as we all want him there. With the annual meet coming to Savannah next year, I wouldn't want it any other way, we need David!!

22. Rubino

Rubino Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    Charlotte Area
    Full Name:
    Bob Curtis
    David has been a good friend and terrific organizer for a number of my most favorite events. Always gracious, always inclusive, and a true enthusiast.

Bet of breed in my book.

My 5 days in Watkins Glen in 07 remain my most cherished memory. This seems to be nothing more than a personality conflict, and a personal vendetta against David.
    Give it up.

23. cgperry

cgperry Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Chas SC
    Full Name:
    Charles Perry
    This morning I received a response from Mr. Claussen regarding the letter I sent last night. While I don't think it is appropriate to post it, I did want to let everyone know that having read some of Charles' concerns, I returned my suggestions on the issues to him and reiterated my support for David on our behalf.

Again, I'm not sure that all of us really understand how difficult it is to find the time and energy to keep a relatively small, geographically scattered group together and David has done a phenomenal job with that. I really appreciate his efforts and am gratified to see that you all do as well.

24. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    You should be able to tell us if his concerns were at least semi- legitimate. I.e., is he rambling on about a personal issue because from reading this thread, and his lack of response...

It looks like he just does not like David and cant stand David's popularity.

25. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    This is just so ridiculous. Claussen ought to air his concerns publicly rather than behind the veil of secrecy. I have a couple of people in mind for his position. I am sure that I speak for many, that David will be recognized as the Chapter president until he chooses to relinquish this duty regardless what the RD says. The RD has lost credibility and has no authority whatsoever. He can say what he wants but his words have no substance.