360 wiring diagram | FerrariChat

360 wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by gphodge, Aug 31, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gphodge

gphodge Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 15, 2010
    Washington
    Anyone have a complete wiring diagram for the 360 not just looms but a wire by wire and where they go to so I can chase down a grounding problem on bank 1 that is causing S.C. Ground to 4 things on my car.

2. Jeff Pintler

Jeff Pintler Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2005
    Richland
    Full Name:
    Jeff Pintler
    Does that even exist? I tried working my way through the work shop manual on something simple like the battery charger relay and found components mis-labelled...hopefully not on purpose by Ferrari. Anyone even seen a diagram?

Jeff Pintler
    89 348tb, 86tr, 99 360 3pedal.

3. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Although not a diagram, the shop manual does allow you to follow individual wires/circuits, takes a few minutes at the start but when you 'get it' it goes very quickly I have found.

tbakowsky likes this.
  4. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
    #4 Paul_308, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sorry David, believe I do have what you are looking for. Although 2000 spyder, it has 80 pages of great diagrams including connectors, harnesses and some earthing. I will pm you the url.

It is chapter 'L' of something and states

"This chapter contains a series of perspective drawings for the car's entire electrical system. In each drawing, it is possible to identify the connections for each device as well as all the earth connections. By means of the connector pinout, all the connections of each wiring can be identified."

voila

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
  6. clm

clm Karting

Aug 15, 2009
    Austin tx
    Full Name:
    Chris
  7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  8. Jeff Pintler

Jul 20, 2005
    Richland
    Full Name:
    Jeff Pintler
    Taz: Thanks for the great information. The format is similar to the info in the service manual and it looks better organized. I just kinda miss the old school schematics where, for example, a lighting circuit was shown from the light bulb element, through the relays, through the instrumant panel switch and finally back to the battery/alternator. Mercedes has figured out how to do that, why not ferrari? Maybe a task for a cold and dreary winter night? Thanks again for the info......it helps alot.

Jeff Pintler
    89 348tb, 86 tr, 99 360 3pedal

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jeff- Nearly all of the modern cars had WSMs available that had a basic section L, electrical. Most also had a separate section L with much more data and detail, for which the shops had to pay extra. The expanded L sections are hard to find, and I only have them for the 360 and 456M. I have offered to provide more data to Ferrari Database, but so far, my e-mail has not been answered.

If anybody has service data he does not have, it is good for the community to help him out. Can save Ferrari owners quite a sum of money.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

10. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    1+

11. RotarySwingGolf

RotarySwingGolf Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2011
    Florida and Idaho
    Taz did you ever post the expanded L section online anywhere? Trying to trace down a crazy short and the wsm doesn't break down each pin of the connector

12. Jeff Pintler

Jul 20, 2005
    Richland
    Full Name:
    Jeff Pintler
    Taz: It would be a great help to all of us if you could post the 360 wiring diagrams. Maybe you would accept a bribe to post/sell the schematics for the 360. The drawings of the wire harness in the WSM are useless.

Jeff Pintler
    89 348tb, 86 tr, 99 360 3pedal, S-160 Bobcat

13. KILOCHARLIE

KILOCHARLIE Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2012
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    KC
    Sorry to bring up an old thread but I too are looking for a wiring diagram for a 360 after a small fire in the front compartment. Does anyone have the expanded "L" section that they could forward me pretty please? The ferrari gods would be eternally grateful to you for helping out another horseman in a time of need!

14. Motob

Motob Formula 3

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Ferrari never made actual wiring diagrams for the 360, which show how each circuit is wired.
    The only thing that they produced is what is in the workshop manual, which are images of the outside of the harnesses, and connector diagrams that show each connector with wire color and a code of the wire that matches were that wire goes in the next connector.

You have to make your own diagrams by following the wiring in the harness and then seeing where it goes by matching the codes.

The harness routing diagrams work ok if you are just replacing a complete harness, but are a nightmare if you are trying to trace down a problem in a specific circuit.

The best this that they have come up with are original Bosch engineering wiring diagrams for the engine/motronic system wiring, but you are out of luck with the rest of the car.

15. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    Ferrari did make an "Interactive Technical CD" which had the wiring diagrams, ECU locations and wire colors to each point in each electrical connector for most of the post Y2k models. It was a dealer only item and you had to have the Ferrari exclusive dongle to "unlock" them. Now if you happen to have those two items, you will need to have a computer that has Windows 97 or XP software to open/operate the CD.

16. Motob

Motob Formula 3

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Hmm, I will have to look through all the old CD's in our shop. It would be great to find this CD. I have tried multiple times to get 360 wiring diagrams from Ferrari Training to no avail. Did the interactive CD have actual diagrams of each circuit?

17. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #17 tazandjan, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There is a separate Section L in English only that shows a lot of details for the US model cars through 2000. It has a lot of stuff my 360 Spider WSM does not have with 80 pages of just electrical wiring. PDF too big to post at 3.7 Mb. Will e-mail it to anybody who wants it. Much higher res than the screen capture here.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
  19. steveanilox

steveanilox Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2007
    Good morning Terry, I would love a copy of this section L email [email protected]. Thank you in advance.

20. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    Motob, as I recall, the CD is VERY thorough and complete. I can spool up my old computer at home over the weekend and look at it again.

21. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    E-mails sent.

22. Jeff Pintler

Jul 20, 2005
    Richland
    Full Name:
    Jeff Pintler
    Sir: Thank you for finding this. Please send me a copy: jsp348 at msn dot com

Thank you thank you thank you

Jeff Pintler
    348tb, 86tr, 99 360 3-pdeal, 05 S-160 Bobcat

23. DinoRossa

DinoRossa Karting

Nov 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Chris Mulvena
    Hi Terry, would really appreciate a copy, thanks, [email protected]

Regards
    Chris
    Wellington, NZ

24. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have an idea. Hope someone can be so kind as to put the file on an open server for x number of days for the rest of the folks to download.

25. TKO360

TKO360 Rookie

Jun 19, 2015