Ferrari as Art Exhibit in Barto, PA | FerrariChat

Ferrari as Art Exhibit in Barto, PA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by JoeZaff, Sep 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hey guys,

Anyone else going to the "Ferrari as Art Exhibit" that will be held on Sunday, September 19th at the Padre Pio Museum in Barto, Pa.

I have never gone before, but it looks like it will be great. The theme this year is contemporary Ferraris and my Mondial was invited to be among the ten featured cars...YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

From what I have heard, there will be an F50, F40, Dino and some other really good stuff. It is a really laid back and quiet event. I am looking forward to it. Hopefully, you guys will come down to keep me company :)

Admission is free so spread the word!

2. Barry@PresidentialDetails

BANNED

Nov 7, 2009
    Lancaster PA
    Full Name:
    Barry Theal
    Joe congrats on the selection!! Im certain your car will look outstanding up there!!

3. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe

Haha!
    It better....You are detailing it!

4. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Joe, would love to support you. What are the details? Time actual address etc. Jon in Delaware

5. Monto

Monto Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2009
    If we are back from the shore we will come up. +1 on the details.

BTW, I get my car back from Mike today. What a nice guy. Thanks for the referral.

6. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Sounds interesting...who's bringing the F50 and F40? Alas, I'll be travelling again.

BTW, for those that want more details:
    www.padrepio.org

"Saint Pio Feast Day Celebration Weekend
    Sunday, September 19, 2010
    Between 12:00PM and 3:00PM

On Sunday, between Noon and 3:00 PM: Ferrari as Art Exhibit, sponsored by Pietro Castiglioni and the Penn-Jersey Chapter of the Ferrari Club of America. Back by popular demand: "Crystal Creations" spun and blown glass figurines created just for you, by Hugh Naggar. Food and refreshments are available and don't forget...Fr. Thomas Sullivan, CPM, will be speaking in the Spirituality Centre."

7. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Looks like there's a nearby airport...you can just fly in!

Uh oh, what did you do to your car?

8. NB355GTB

NB355GTB Rookie

Aug 2, 2007
    Fleetwood, PA
    #8 NB355GTB, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It is a really nice event. This year I was asked to put my 355 GTB in as one of the featured cars too. Very excited! There is a local airport nearby (Butter Valley). Depending on your airplane, it can be a challenge to land there (wings are wider than the runway, part paved, part grass). I've seen an Aerostar at that airport which is pretty ballsy to land there. Attached are some pics from last year.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    In that first pic, is that a Mondial coupe with a sunroof?

10. NB355GTB

NB355GTB Rookie

Aug 2, 2007
    Fleetwood, PA
    #10 NB355GTB, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Monto

Monto Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2009
    There is an airport, Bally, and you land on the golf course. It is a lot of fun and they have a good restaurant. Been many times.

Just an oil change and they replaced the inserts in a wheel that were cracked. Algar wanted to replace the wheel and I found a place that sells inserts. Will post more when I see the results.

12. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Pietro puts on a nice event.

The Padre Pio museum is an interesting place, too.

Warning!! This is not a ton of cars to look at kind of show, more of a laid back gathering, and an excuse to drink some wine while lying to each other about the great cars you've seen and owned.

My Dino was a regular attendee.

I'll try to make it, see if Ali wants to come along.

Dave

13. Shark Sandwich

Shark Sandwich Karting

Jan 22, 2008
    Eastern PA
    Full Name:
    Arthur
    #13 Shark Sandwich, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    This is a great event, low key, right off of Rt 100 in Barto, just south of Bally ... I guess I'd call it 10 minutes or so north of Pottstown for those of you coming from the south. That's my 308 (now gone, the one with the top off ... sigh) next to the 3.2 Mondial Coupe in NB355GTB's beautiful pics.

I live just up the road from the Butter Valley airport, it is a beautiful place unto itself. I fly 757's now, but I can personally confirm that Aerostars and 421's can land at Butter Valley, :) as long as the center tank in that Aerostar is not full and you have faith in your landing length performance charts.

I'll try to be there this year sans Ferrari for the first time, but holding up the British end banished out to the parking lot in my "L" car, maybe next to Alex. :)

Art

14. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Sorry Art, you'll have to hold up the L banner...I'll be in Shanghai.

15. JROD9496

JROD9496 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Jared
    Hey Alex, it's Jared from Cars and Coffee. I just have a question about the Ferrari car show on Sunday. Is it a good car show that you would recommend going to?
    Thanks,
    Jared

16. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Hi Jared, to be honest, I'm not sure! I haven't been to this one before...Dave (dm_n_stuff) probably described it accurately though. From the pics, it looks like they've had a good showing in the past.

17. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Congratulations Joe! Fellas, please take many pictures, as I will be cheering on the Phillies. Have a great time!

18. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
    It looks like there's plenty of show space. Do you just show up or do you have to register? TIA

19. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jared.

Pietro features 6-10 cars at the front of the museum. The rest are owners' cars who have come to visit and gawk, although how much gawking Joe Z's car will cause is questionable. :D

Generally there are maybe 20-30 other Ferraris parked on the hillside of the grounds, and usually some other fun stuff shows up. Two years ago the place was littered with Lamborghinis, as a dealer had a display.

Weather permitting, I will be there Sunday to cheer on Joe and his car, as it valiantly tries to climb the hill of the driveway and parking lot to get to its perch high atop the landscape. It's about a 4% grade, so Joe will need all the HP his car can muster. :D

DM

20. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Looking forward to seeing some of the regular crew on site. Be there around 1:30
    Jon from south of the location just a piece

21. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    Will be there for sure, weather looks better than Radnor!

22. JROD9496

JROD9496 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Jared
    Oh thank you for telling me. I will be there on Sunday.
    Thanks,
    Jared

23. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
  24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ali and I will be there noonish. :D

DM

25. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Mike, Jodi, Chris and I will be there around 1:30 . See you tomorrow. Jon in Delaware