Got a car trailer for sale? | FerrariChat

Got a car trailer for sale?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by kiesan, Sep 15, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    #1 kiesan, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Or do you know of one in the Seattle area? I sold a dead '97 Boxster to a guy from Calgary. He will be here the weekend of the 25th and mentioned he might just buy a trailer here locally if a good deal could be had.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    KAOSS (Kevin) has been doing a lot of car hauls lately. He might have his passport handy.

3. Cornbread

Cornbread Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2009
    Bham/Maple Valley WA
    What killed the Boxster?

4. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    #4 kiesan, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is the dead one:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-cars-sale/561913-1997-986-boxster-dead-water-30k-miles-7500-a.html

All of the early Boxster and 996 Carreras can have problems with an intermediate shaft or the cylinders shifting. It usually happened under warranty but on some barely driven cars it happened much later time wise but with almost no miles. This doa silver car for example only had 30k and is like new however the motor went boom in 2009 when 1 of the liners shifted in the block.

So now its real popular to take a dead one and pop in a later 3.4, 3.6 or 3.8 and terrorize the street. I would of kept this one and done that however I already have a 2005 3.4 franken-Boxster-Cayman S thing that is a blast to drive, pics below.

5. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Thanks but my buyer is a diy'er.

6. Mondial2

Mondial2 Karting

Jan 23, 2004
    Kie,

I have a 16 ft flatbed trailer for sale, two axle, 5500 lb load capacity, steel frame with wood deck. It was custom made in 2001 by Freeway Trailers in Fife with a 72 inch wide load deck and 94 inch wide maximum width to fit through an 8 ft wide garage door. It's black with white pinstripes and white steel wheels. A spare wheel and tire are included, plus it has a Warn winch and a deep-cycle marine battery for loading non-running cars.

The trailer's in good condition, it's been used only about 10 or 12 times and has always been stored in the garage. It's wired for a seven-pin connector with the center pin being +12V for charging the marine battery while towing. It was mostly used to haul my Mondial to the track a few times, but I no longer use it because it's more fun to rent the Lotus Elises at the track. Original cost was $4000, I'll sell it for $2000. I'll look for some pictures to post.

Ciao,
    Mark