Atlanta New Comer | FerrariChat

Atlanta New Comer

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Ksullender, Feb 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    My company is talking to me about an opportunity in Atlanta. Just curious to know what the Atlanta Ferrari community looks like? Does anyone have any info?

Thanks

Ken

2. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    I was going to wait to see if anyone actually from the greater Atlanta area replied, but here is what I know.

All the parties mentioned here seem to be in Atlanta.

Most of the people that post here are seem to be from Atlanta.

There is Ferrari of Atlanta, Roebling Road, and Road Atlanta.

With all this in mind, I would say that the Ferrari scene in Atlanta is alive and kicking.

3. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    We're all really ugly...

4. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Ken,
    Take the bait and come on up, the weather is almost as good as Florida and we can go for a ride in my Euro 308.

5. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Ken, you can't leave Florida! You'll be leaving the Squids, bikini's and South Beach...not in that order.

6. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Ken, I love Atlanta. There is lots to do up here. Come on up! The weather is nice most of the time! Like the past 3 days have been absolutely perfect Ferrari weather, 68-72 degrees and no rain. I had the 308 out the past 3 days!

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    no fair! no pics of your car to drool on( in your profile)!!!! LOL i know, i would be paranoid too...i want a euro carb gtb..........michael
    ps atlanta rocks, i hate savannah....:eek:(

8. Ksullender

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    I'll know more in a couple of weeks, but I'd give it a 90% that it is going to happen. In south Florida there is a great Ferrari following for track and social events. I wasn't sure if that was the case in Atlanta or if I was spoiled? Some great guys here and I was hoping to be able to meet some new friends/families in the hobby in Atlanta. When I move I figure I could also take advantage of the inside help. Our office is in Norcross so I guess I'll be relative to the area.

9. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Contact some of us BEFORE looking for somewhere to live--My office is in Norcross and you do NOT wat to live there. come on up for a visit sometime

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'm interested for a different reason. I've lived here for seven years, but in my case the Ferrari is what will be new!

11. Ksullender

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    I'll be coming to Norcross next Thursday for a meeting. I've still to set the trip up, looks like this might be one day in and out. If not maybe I can contact some of you locals.

12. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    My office is also in Norcross. Maybe all of us Norcross office dwellers can meet you for lunch while you're here ?

13. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    You may be able to shop for that windshield while you are near Rutlands. It's a great place to visit(Rutlands).

14. Ksullender

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Looks like it is a 1 day in and 1 day out next week. Thursday flight in at 10:00, go to Norcross, lunch with corp guys, flight leaves at 5:45. Not much time this trip, but looks like things will be moving fast from this point and I'll be making permanent arrangements to move.

My windshield isn't bad enough to warrant a $2K repair, just not as 'perfect' as I wish. But it will be nice to be near Rutlands. I have purchased there before and will make it one of my places to see.

15. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I have a friend that MIGHT be able to hook you up with the windshield for much less.