Happy Birthday PCA | FerrariChat

Happy Birthday PCA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by rcraig, Sep 26, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #1 rcraig, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Spent this rainy day exploring a Plethora of Porsche's at Hagley Museum in Greenville Delaware.
    Even with the rain they had a great turnout and there were lots of great examples of the breed.
    Thanks Jon and Nick for the wonderful hospitality . The food and oompah band were awesome, but most of all the people were what makes these events such a wonderful way to spend a few hours.

To all those that braved the rain to allow us all to share their passion, thank-you.

I made a gallery with some of my favorite pics. As you can tell I was a bit taken by the GT3 RS.

http://gallery.me.com/my79308gtb#100148&view=mosaic&sel=0
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Great pics as usual bob.

It's funny; the rain has spared us for most of the driving season but has seemed to hit on alot of the important event days...maybe thats an indication that we plan too many events? Nah!

3. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    #3 nickd, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
    Bob, thanks for those pics - despite the rain we all had a great day , final count was 55 Porsches at Hagley for the event, not a bad showing for the 50th Anniversary Concours of the Delaware region.

Next event is our DE at NJMP - Jon W is chair and we look to have an excellent turnout.

By the way I really do think Jon's Spyder would look so much better if the removable roof was multi colored - a bit like Dave's umbrella in the photo .....

Cheers Nick

4. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Bob, Glad you could join us...you really are a friend of the Delaware PCA! See you soon. Jon in Delaware

5. JROD9496

JROD9496 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Jared
    I was in Delaware with my mom yesterday and saw some Porsches passing by us. Also, I saw a GT3RS powerslide out of the turning lane, which was awesome by the way. Wish I knew about the event, but there was a nice set of Porsches together.

6. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    That would likely be our Concours winning GT3RS and Barry celebrating his win !!!

7. spencerp

spencerp Rookie

Sep 13, 2010
    Just an observation, but the second photo looks out of focus.

8. JROD9496

JROD9496 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Jared
    Haha that was a great celebration then!

9. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    over to you Bob .....

10. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    That is from the way the resizing process works on this site. TRUST ME, It's sharp as a tack or wouldn't be here.

Bob

11. spencerp

spencerp Rookie

Sep 13, 2010
    I thought that might have something to do with it but just wanted to make sure. You have some very awesome.

12. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    #12 VGM911, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    And if it were out of focus, then what.......?

13. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Bob would be required to remove his subscription to this forum....then, all the wannabe photogs could continue to post bad pictures under the guise of it being their "craft". Bob's works speaks for itself and stands out above everything else I've seen on this site and elsewhere.

14. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #14 JoeZaff, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    +1.

Sadly though, Bob's full potential may never be reached. As Enzo himself once said, only the photographer who can capture the raw beauty and masculine power of the Ferrari Mondial is worthy to photograph my cars.

Little known fact, Piero himself was ignored by his father until he presented him with an artists rendering of a Mondial on his birthday.

Just saying, Bob is a darn good photographer....but Mondial worthy? The jury is still out on that one.

I say we lay down the gauntlet once and for all. Bob, quit screwing around with namby pamby 458's, Spykers and Porsches. Let's see what your made of Bobby boy.

I'll see you at C&C at 8:00 sharp...Bring a Camera, some good lighting and a Members Only Jacket.

Mondials rule...

:) :) ;)

15. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #15 rcraig, Sep 28, 2010
    Joe,

I got you covered bro. Oh and I got some roads you're gonna love before we shoot.

Bob

16. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #16 rcraig, Sep 28, 2010
  17. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

when Joe's car was covered in mud, it ran its best....no issues....Joe garages the princess and now ISSUES!

18. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    That is an awesome pic.