anyone know liverpool's current league position? | FerrariChat

anyone know liverpool's current league position?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Oct 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    is it in the bottom three :confused:

2. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
  3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  4. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    I think they are in relegation and will still be there in 2 weeks time when they get smacked in the Merseyside Derby by the original team of Liverpool.

Gotta love Gillet, Hicks, Benitez and now Hodgson !!!!!!

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    someone tell paton ;)

6. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
  7. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Liverpool's best asset by far is Pepe Reina. If it wasn't for Pepe I think Liverpool would be at the bottom (rather than on the same points as the toffees ;)) despite his fumble against Arsenal.

8. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    #8 360stimo, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
    The Toffees who have spent around £180 million less than Rafa spent and have never had 1p from the board, yet Liverpool's owners, who let Rafa spend £229 million are being marched and protested against. Go Figure.

Someone there is an article about points per £1 spent in the transfer market and Everton are top of the pile while Liverpool i think were in relegation. How apt !

I agree about Reina - best keeper in the league ! But Torres is still the best asset. You'd get far more for Torres than you would for Reina despite him being made of glass !

9. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    I know most Liverpool fans don't come from Liverpool, live nowhere near Liverpool, never go to watch Liverpool and this post would get more attention in the scandinavian section, but any of you going to the Derby a week on Sunday ?

10. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    How can you tell when your newspaper is upside down? Liverpool are 3rd in the table

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    **** me,roy hodgson just drove past me about 100mph! no seatbelt on,holding a can of strongbow beepin his Horn.the terwatt would do anything for 3points.

Liverpool have been refused a new stadium at stanley park. The council say its ok to have a fair on it once a year, but a circus every 2 weeks is taking the pizz.

HELP does anyone know how 2 cancel an ebay bid ?I made an offer for a mickey mouse outfit and now I own Liverpool football club! :)

12. Stewart 430 Scud

Stewart 430 Scud Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Stewart
    Where is my copyright

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    :D

14. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  15. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Correct, and i spent best part of an Hour chanting 'going down going down going down' at the away support yesterday !

Jokes aside, **** me they are **** ! I mean really really ****.(even though Woy thinks they were superb yesterday).

I think the below i read this morning sums it up nicely;

Liverpool were so awful in the Merseyside derby, so abject, so witless, so gutless, so sorely lacking in rudimentary skills, so disorganised, so inferior to an Everton side who have also struggled this season, so absolutely devoid of hope, that John W Henry and his NESV cronies must have thought about giving Hicks and Gillett a call, and offering them the club back at a hefty discount.

16. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    How amazing would it be if Liverpool got relegated. Can you image the fallout if that were to happen. I really hope it does happen.

Go Gunners!!!!

17. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    #18 360stimo, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
    They won't go down, but they are ****e ! Can they convince Torres to stay in Jan, looks to me he has had enough and wants out. There will be investment in Jan - but will they buy anyone decent, they haven't thus far.

Strong rumors that Martin O'Neill has already been sounded out by Liverpool through a third party !

They won't be getting back to the top 4 for a long long time though.

Funny thing is, Liverpool fans still seem to hold Benitez in high regard when he was the one who spent a monumental amount of money on a load of dross and then left them high and dry when his mega bucks squad failed.

18. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Oh I don't think they will be relegated as much as I would like that to happen. I think if Torres isn't gone in January then he will be gone before next season starts. I don't know about Gerrard. I think he will stay.

Have you heard the reports about the falling out between Rooney and Ferguson?

19. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Yeah, not sure what to believe though. What is 100% certain is that Rooney holds all the cards. After this season his contract has one left, so after that he can walk away for free. With no transfer fee to pay, he will offered huge wages by the best clubs in Europe and Man City. City who will offer something absolutely insane like £200k - £250k per week. City will consider getting Rooney as the absolute proof that the power in Manchester is with them.

Would Rooney do that to the Utd fans? Well he grew up in Liverpool as a die hard Everton fan, had Everton tattooed on himself, came through the ranks and grew into the best young player the club has ever seen and adored by the fans. As soon as Utd came along offering huge money he forced a transfer and now comes back to Everton and kisses the Utd badge in front of the fans.

Rooney is in a powerful position and will do exactly how he pleases. Utd cannot afford to lose Rooney for nothing with their financial position.

20. Viknes

Viknes Rookie

Jan 4, 2010
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Viknes
    i am with you mate.. it would certainly be a joy if liverpool gets relegated and once tat is done the team is for sure to break off.

21. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
  22. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    #24 360stimo, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
    The obvious ones are Man City, Chelsea and Real Madrid. Then come Barca (i don't think they will have any interest), Inter and AC Milan and outside chances are Arsenal, Lazio, Juve and B. Munich.

Rumors are that it's his wife who has demanded a a completely clean start and she wants him away from his Utd team mates who hid and encouraged his cheating. She also wants to be closer to her own family, her very ill sister and wants to go 'back to her roots'.

This for leaves Man City as the only possible candidate unless he decides to get paid peanuts, not compete for the top trophies in order to return to his boyhood club and make amends for his rather acrimonious departure and subsequent behavior. But i seriously doubt it.

Its Man City for me on a huge and revolting salary of £250,000 per week !

23. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Real Mardrid have said they aren't going to try and buy him in January or next summer. We'll see. If he goes to City, can you image how intense the derbys will be. The problem with City is they are trying to cut costs because as of now they don't meet the Financial Fair Play requirements set by FIFA. Who knows.