Ridiculous | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ridiculous

Discussion in '360/430' started by ferrari4204, Sep 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari4204

ferrari4204 Karting

Oct 16, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Cory
    I can definitely vouch for this car, its as solid as they come. If you pick it up you will definitely be happy, and I hope you do.
    I know what I got for that car and they still have a ways to go to get there, at the time I negotiated like crazy to get what I thought was a decent value but given the fact it has sat for so long I think I did a lot better than I initially thought.

2. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    This car is a good example of what's happening throughout the country with most Ferrari's, as well as other cars AND other types of assets such as real estate. They are all depreciating at rates that exceed those of the last 10-20 years. Owners (in this case the dealer) hope against hope that someone will come along and pay what the item used to be worth 1-2 years ago. The consequence is that very little actually sells and inventory just sits. The car dealers are all in this predicament together and help each other by shifting and trading inventory around in the hope of eventually moving an item to an end user. My advice: bid at VERY low price and be ready to buy if the bid is accepted. Once you own the car it will be hard to shift it on to another buyer except at, again, a bargain price. Just talk to Scud or 599 owners who have recently sold or are trying to sell their cars - the truth is not pretty. Best.

3. bwiele

bwiele Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    West Harrison, NY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Thanks guys for the responses and thoughts. I agree with all of you. Offers are very sticky, and I have yet to engage any of the sellers to see what the real selling levels are. I'm not in a rush as I think in 6 months we'll see considerably more 430 inventory on offer as buyers receive their 458s. I would guess that at least 75% of 458 buyers are current 430 owners (I have no facts, just my gut feel) and will sell or trade their 430 when their 458 arrives. I don't think the demand side of the equation will be meaningfully stronger than now, so more supply will have to force prices down if the market is at all efficient (debatable). I'm not the type of person that will survey every single car that's available in the country to find just exactly the right car. I'm flexible on colors (within reason) and if find a great car at a reasonable level, I will be open to buying it. I believe it will be beneficial to wait until spring from a price perspective, as well as not just having it mostly parked in the garage for a northeast winter...

4. rcuming

rcuming Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Reid
    For the best pricing, buy in the Winter and sell in the Spring.

5. fcardesire

fcardesire Karting

Aug 7, 2007
    Greater LA
    Full Name:
    Frank M.
    #30 fcardesire, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
    I read somewhere that the sweetspot was $150K when people elected to make purchases on ultraluxury/highend cars. This was also when the economy didn't go to hell. Considering where we are now I'd hate to guess what that sweetspot would be. In fact it does make me wonder just how much smaller the market is now for cars asking above the $150K mark.

6. bwiele

bwiele Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    West Harrison, NY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Very fair point. If I find the right situation, I will just do that!

7. Robdownunder

Robdownunder Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2009
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That same car in Australia is about double and we have now nearly parity in the US to Aus dollar.
    That's a bargain.

8. ferrari4204

ferrari4204 Karting

Oct 16, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Cory
    According to their website, the car is now sold. Anyone here pick it up??

9. Nashtyboy

Nashtyboy Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Those "driving emotions" guys always have their cars listed for way too much.