Why not keep the car? | FerrariChat

Why not keep the car?

Discussion in '360/430' started by gwtw1944, Oct 8, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gwtw1944

gwtw1944 Rookie

Feb 21, 2010
    Castle Pines CO
    Full Name:
    Rhett
    I am curious and certainly don't intend to disrespect anyone's business acumen....but why don't the sellers who advertise their cars on FChat at ridiculous prices just keep the car? I mean $165K dollar CS's and $180K F430 Spiders (2007) are just not going to happen. Even (MOST) FCAR dealers have awakened to the economy as I now hear them say "of course we don't expect anyone to pay that for XXXX car'.

IMO most of these cars would get sold quickly if priced right....just subtract $30K.

2. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    I of course am only speculating but a lot of people are hopeful someone will "have" to have their car and pay more than market price. I think that most people who bought these cars at the height of the market really could not afford or expect to loose so much. Unfortunately they will figure it out when they never get an offer.

Hell I just sold a perfect 02 Murcielago for $97k

3. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

I also think some aren't overly desirous to sell. So, throw it up at a high price while driving the car and see what happens

4. bwiele

bwiele Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    West Harrison, NY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    True for some private sellers, but not for dealers, and they they are the most guilty!

5. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    It's always a tug of war between asking and selling prices. Nothing new here. People will pay more for something they really want.

I negotiated 25 K off of my car. They started high, I started low. You know how the rest of the story goes.

Some people really need to sell, others don't.

6. dcautomotive

dcautomotive Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    rocky mount NC
    Full Name:
    Robert Zampardi
    its easier to lower the price then raise it