Where do you take your F-car for service in the GTA? | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Where do you take your F-car for service in the GTA?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ClayMan, Jun 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Glad your happy Stan, it was a pleasure to work on but the down-side is I need another carbed 308GTB thanks to you! Having yours at my place sure made me miss my old one. Looking forward to servicing it again in the future.

Thanks

2. f-man

f-man Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 10, 2008
    canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I gotta go see this guy. Some tuning issues with the daily 355. ^^^^ From what I understand, Paul is the man.

3. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I am not from Toronto, I live in London. I think I know who you are talking about now, it is that guy who took someone for $50,000 on a black 355?

4. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike

I think I found it - and it turns out you are that guy with the black 355? Don't I feel sheepish :)

5. f-man

f-man Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 10, 2008
    canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Not as sheepish as I did. In the words of Roger Daltry "we don't get fooled again".

Never again, I've made all the mistakes of F-car ownership, it is a different world, however, as I get closer to choosing my 550 (down to 3 cars), and my future purchase of a particular superf-car, Modena Sports car will never see any of them.

6. jack1999

jack1999 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    toronto
    anyone go to engineered automotive?

they service alot of high end cars there

7. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well, at least he won't fool you again and won't receive another dime from you.

8. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I called them two summers ago because I was looking at a 348 that was serviced by them quite a few years ago, and they told me they don't service Ferraris anymore. They gave me Daytona's phone # and told me to call Alex.

9. jack1999

jack1999 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    toronto
    thats weird
    i see ferraris there all the time including classic ferraris when i drop by with my friend

10. NICO R

NICO R Karting

Oct 8, 2008
    Woodbridge
    Full Name:
    Alex A
    They (EA ) do not have any software to fix Ferrari's. They take their cars to Daytona.

11. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    EA referred me to Daytona, so what you are saying does make sense.

12. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.
    I've been lurking on this thread for a while . My 95 stick 456 should be arriving from Chicago in about a week. After it arrives I want to do a PPI(in this case a post purchase inspection) The price was right so I wount be upset about a few fixes. Since I have my own shop and hoist,who would be a best match to work with if I am happy to do the work I can on my own without getting their nose out of joint? Rock? Daytona? Forza? Its not the money but its another hobby car and I want to Play with it. Am used to Porshe(993),maserati(mexico),Aston(DBmkIII),jaguar(XK150S,XK8)never worked on a Ferrari. I am sure no one will recommend Modena! Thanks in advance, Andy.

13. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Hey Andy, congrats on the purchase. The 3 names you've mentionned are all good guys from what's been gathered here.

All the best with your new purchase. A 456 in stick is ok in my book :D

14. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congrats on the purchase Andy. I agree with Vasco, good things has been said about all three of the names you listed.

15. f0430z

f0430z Karting

Sep 27, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    fz
    Ya... And Ferrari of Ontario refers their clients to Daytona aswell. LOL
    Not to defend EA... How can they not have Ferrari software... They have the latest Mustang all wheel Dyno... And I've seen plenty of Stradales, 430, lambos being serviced... I guess their technicians are so good they don't need software! Someone must be working for Daytona in this Forum...

16. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You're kidding, right?

17. NICO R

NICO R Karting

Oct 8, 2008
    Woodbridge
    Full Name:
    Alex A
    Very simple call EA and ask if they have the SD2 or SD3 factory Ferrari software. This will answer everybody's question. From Daytona's website , you can see that they do.

18. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Just thought I would post my thanks and give 2 thumbs up to the guys at Gran Turismo Auto, great bunch of guys who will do great work without a doubt.

http://www.granturismoauto.com/

19. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #294 GerryD, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
    I agree with 2 of them but the other has been getting a bad reputation around town. The most recent was when they did a tech inspection for someone before going to Mosport with their 430 this past August. The owner got there and the car was not allowed to participate because the front right tire was bad. From what I heard the garage in question should be ashamed of themselves for even letting this car drive on the 401 let alone Mosport with that bad tire on the front right corner. I hope the track refunded her the money she paid. She was not a happy camper. I know, many who were not at the track are wondering, which one of the 3 above performed this tech inspection of the 430? Well lets just say that they were not at the track.

20. f-man

f-man Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 10, 2008
    canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Although that is unfortunate, sometimes things do get over looked by even good shops. The difference is when a good shop makes a mistake as opposed to a known rip off shop like Modena Sports cars, there is a big difference. An overlook to an intentional rip off artist. BIG difference. Even if you went to say... Daytona (good reputation) and others who are reputable they could miss things, Tony at Modena preys on clients and will intentionally mislead you and rip you off. If you don't believe me ask everyone who is taking him to court (and those who will testify). That guy shouldn't be allowed to operate.

21. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco

22. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    You are very much correct Jeff but one also has to agree with Rocco. An overlooked bulge in a tire when doing a tech for the track is a no no and cause for wondering what the hell someone is doing at the place.

23. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Is this the only reason said shop is getting a bad rep around town? I am not discounting the oversight of the bad tire on that 430, but I am just curious if that is the only reason. If so, I don't think that is fair, but if there are other issues then please let it be known, even if you have to PM me. I am not from Toronto, I live in London, so I don't know or hear anything about Ferrari service shops in the GTA. I need to choose one for my upcoming major on a 348. Thanks in advance.

24. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #299 GerryD, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
    Well then you had better get down to Toronto and meet and greet the boys that do the work on these great cars. Its called doing your homework. Believe me, Modena is not the only bad place to take your car. You have to get out of the boonies and meet guys like Massimo, Marcus and Rocco. When you go to all the 4 or 5 shops talked about on here, take a look and see how many cars are in the shop for work. Then look at the type of cars. Are they Ferraris, Lambos, Bentleys, Porsches, Mercedes and BMWs or are they working on an old 308 and 2 GMs and Fords. Go back 2 weeks later and see if the same cars are on the hoists. The good shops turn over cars real fast and do the job right. There has been so much talk about this shop and that by many in here. Make the trip to Toronto and spend 2 days here checking out all of the said shops and then youll be able to tell the difference between the men and the boys. As for the other stuff about shops in and around Toronto, well most who own these cars and live in the GTA know exactly whats going on but they dont care to tell anyone whats happening. They are taking care of themselves and they dont worry about others. All sorts of things are happening around here and it is really sad when you hear the stories that have gone around and all the rip offs gone and going down. The latest one is the poor guy who bought a 355 from a company that has been mentioned in hear a couple of times and he has since found out that the vin# have been dickered with and the seller wont take it back. How do some people sleep at night?

25. NICO R

NICO R Karting

Oct 8, 2008
    Woodbridge
    Full Name:
    Alex A
    YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. PERFECT......