NEW Scagletti 2011 Geneva | FerrariChat

NEW Scagletti 2011 Geneva

Discussion in '612/599' started by loan1at, Oct 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. loan1at

loan1at Karting

Feb 8, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Andy L.
    #1 loan1at, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2011
    Yesterday i got a call from a good friend and ha said to me that his dealer told him that the 612 replacement comes out this year! The dealer was in maranello a few days ago for the dealer-presentation of the car. He said that the car has a much higher rear-end than the 612, and the rear hood was made of glass! Tha car will not presented on a car show! Only a little ceremony in maranello for the media. The elivery of the car should also start this year! The dealer said that ferrari confirmed the delivery of two cars in december! Has anyboy heard things like this also??? (sorry for my english!)

2. Maximus

Maximus Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2009
    Assen, NL
    Full Name:
    Jurgen
    Just if this is true, there must be more sources from which we can obtain some evidence of this statement being true :)

3. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Hey guys car is being launched this year or possibly early next. The code for it at the moment is 151. It has been delayed for some reason I dunno, but dealers have already started to put in their allocations even though no one has seen the fontal car. Just exterior prototype that is almost final and an interior cockpit demo.

I am sure Ferrari will start pushing info out soon.

Will keep u posted.

Mj

4. icemanbops

icemanbops Karting

Apr 5, 2006
    Geneva 2011 will see the launch of an amazing four wheel drive shooting brake totally new and absolutely fantastic looking. New engine, new transmission, new colours and special interiors. They have a prototype at the factory and it looks great in the flesh and in pics. This will be a market leader.

Mike

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Huh ? Ferrari is going to build a 4x4 station wagon ?!?! LOL

I wont hold my breath for this one :)

6. Tad Cody

Tad Cody Formula 3

Sep 9, 2006
    Over here!
    Full Name:
    Take a guess...
    Modern breadvan, and awd at that?

I, too, find this hard to believe... would be a big change of tune for Luca and co.

-Tad

7. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Sounds like confirmation of what was posted earlier by "ross" during a factory visit.

8. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I am really excited about this car. The 612 is the classiest car out there right now, and this sounds like something really special.

9. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm so down with an AWD shooting brake.

10. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Just asked my dealer this morning confirmed exactly as above.

11. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Update.....Geneva next year.

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #13 darth550, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  13. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    #15 Prancing 12, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
    Ninja edit ;)

Shootingbrake and 4wd doesn't sound like what's needed to really boost the 2+2 profile / sales.

14. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
  15. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    Hideous..........

16. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Nor am I.

17. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    4re nut did it for me...

yes, since i was on that tour with the geneva dealer, and the discussions were with him and the guys at the factory, the stories are the same.

4x4 up to 140kph. shooting brake with fold down rear seats. it should look better than artists renderings so far.

they need to come out with a model like this because 2+2 sales are being eaten into by bentley in a big way - certainly in snowy areas.

18. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    #21 Pav, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    These are only sketches I believe it will be different. Very different. Wasn't Michiel VDB sketching a shooting brake out of a 612 scaglietti at some point?

When it comes to the trunklid made of glass I believe we should think about something similar to the one in the P1800.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. CatSailor

CatSailor Karting

Aug 8, 2005
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Charles, MD
    I think people are jumping the gun here on calling it a disaster before anyone even sees so much as a sketch. And I think "shooting break" implies station wagon. We shouldn't use that term on a Ferrari. It very easily could be styled like the current rear of the 612, just with the whole back lifting up, like on the Panamera. Let's wait and see ...

20. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Mike, you've always more info than the CIA or MI 6...I'm once more impressed with your advance knowledge. If you say it'll be great looking, I'm inclined to believe it. Keep us in the loop as the project develops...

21. Sellnit

Sellnit Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    James
    I hope this is the case, the sketches are a bit on the unattractive side. I actually like the looks of the current 612, and was hoping for a "fresh" version of it.

Can someone with more knowledge let me know what 4x4 and Ferrari have in common history wise? Is this a first for them?

22. Tad Cody

Tad Cody Formula 3

Sep 9, 2006
    Over here!
    Full Name:
    Take a guess...
    Zero history. There has never been an AWD/4WD Ferrari, so agan, this would be a huge departure from tradition.

Then again, they did do away with manual transmissions... so in light of that (which I also did not expect of either Ferrari or buyer demand) perhaps anything is possible.

-Tad