UK For Sale & wanted | Page 8 | FerrariChat

UK For Sale & wanted

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by racespecferrari, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cs1

cs1 Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mr X
    Its the closest number to an A if you look 4 A.

Correctly spelt numbers in the UK are a big thing - 4LEX (ALEX) went for £54k. 7OY (7 for T) went for a similar amount I think and the list goes on.

As FHM is a mens mag where only hot babes are featured "FHM 848E" is the perfect license plate for any hot babe. This is the only way to spell this on an English plate of course as we can't have all letters on a plate like on a US plate.

2. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    I guess i just don't get it. But then again, i've never understood why anyone would want private plates on their car. Especially with the grotesque sums of money that can be involved. Vanity?

3. lightning

lightning Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2010
    Stockport
    Full Name:
    Martin Oliver
    #178 lightning, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
    Each to their own I guess. I wouldn't mind a dateless plate on my 1990 Mondial t.

Some of the prices paid might be seen as excessive, but one of my customers recently paid 400,000 Euros for a WRISTWATCH. And it was a new one, not some rare antique. Apparently there will only be 25 in the world. Well, that makes it worth it then.....

Another friend of mine deals in vintage electric guitars and collectors will pay £250,000 for an old Fender Strat from 1959. If one of these guitars was played (say) by one of the Beatles or the Stones, well you can name your price for that. £500,000 might not buy it.

4. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    you need a very big imagination to understand some of the plates out there i like proper private plates but hate cheesy mis-spelt plates with bolts in them they are fake

5. lightning

lightning Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2010
    Stockport
    Full Name:
    Martin Oliver
    I'd like that 600 FFX plate for my Mondial, but cannot justify it just yet. Well, not until I've had my tax bill next month anyway!

6. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Far too many people in this world spend vast sums of money on things that make very little difference to them. A case of more money than sense.

Someone who has a real passion and interest in the Beatles paying £500k for a guitar used by someone in the band, makes far more sense to me that someone spending £50k on a bloody number plate.

Sorry, number plates are a monumental waste of time and money 99% of the time.

7. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i agree there is idiots who watch sport (RUGBY) all the time then comment as if they could do the job better themselves each to there own i suppose

8. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005

That's just being a fan of a particular sport or past time. If you don't have an opinion on your passion or interest then you are clearly not very passionate or interested in said past time?

9. cs1

cs1 Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mr X
    Thanks... very helpful when I'm trying to sell two!!

Nevertheless, many plates sell at these auctions for £2000, £3000 + etc.

Friend of mine bought one a few years ago for £2k and recently sold it for £10k so there is a market here (as with everything) if you're clever.

In my case, I bought another short one for me to keep and they didnt cancel the bids on these - they are very good plates and not FHM 848E is perfect (only way to spell this perfectly with UK license plate structure.. not for everyone but perfect if your girlfriend is a hottie? What hot girl doesnt aspire to be an FHM girl after all ;-)

10. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    1) Didn't know my comments would hinder the sale of your plates? Is advertising allowed on these forums?

2) One who has a brain?

11. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    No it's not, but there is a for sale thread here. Perhaps Steve can merge this thread with the existing one.

Also, CS1, I sent you a PM but have not received a reply yet. Perhaps you haven't seen it.
    Please check your in box.

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I agree. I wouldn't mind spending a large amount of money (up to 50K...) on a (VERY) nice watch if I was silly rich, or something I'd collect (such as the guitar example, played by someone you're a fan of). Spending so much on a plate, in a market I don't understand (I assume most do it for an investment!?) is silly.
    Still an idiotic amount for some numbers imo. In the states it's between $50 and $150 depending which state IIRC, which is fair.

How do you know that the plate you bought (hypothecically) for a million (#1), is going to be worth >5% more when time comes to sell? What if it drops to just 3K?

13. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Sorry, but it doesn't spell BABE perfectly, it spells 848E which is not perfect by any means. I also hate these naff plates where numbers have to have screws added to convert a 4 into a wonky A.

14. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Looking good as usual mate :)

15. cs1

cs1 Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mr X
    You are incorrect. I've also seen countless crap plates like A34 LEX (supposedly "ALEX" with numbers inbetween) or 61 NGF (someone trying to spell "SINGH") but this is the only way of ever showing "FHM BABE" on a UK plate using UK formats.

848E is the only way of spelling it perfectly with numbers. I'm not trying to pass off something misspelt like "949E" or "747E" and trying to say these look like "BABE". 8 looks almost the same as B and 4 looks almost the same as A. This is therefore the CLOSEST of the number/letter matching possible for this combo.

16. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    yes there is countless crap plates out there and yours is one off them

can you explaine how 848E spells BABE

17. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I think if you had F4 TTY there would be more interest on here

18. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I think it has allready been explained.

19. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    where as i still cant see how 848e makes BABE

20. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Neither can I but but I guess others can?

21. alsaautomotive

alsaautomotive Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2005
    Wales, UK.
    Full Name:
    Al
    Dropped to £38k as he NEEDS to sell!
    See post #173 for pics.
    Cheers, Al.

22. lewisjtintin

lewisjtintin Rookie

May 4, 2010
    Chaps,

I have an 04, 360 Tdf Spider for sale, with crema leather and hoops. 11,000 miles
    Xenon headlights, electric seats, cubby hole, Alpine screen with Ipod (original becker also available). 3 owner car, absolutely wonderful condition.

Got a silly offer from a main dealer to part ex. Keen to move on to the next F car, anyone interested?

23. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    what was the silly offer and how much are you looking for ??

24. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #199 Wheels1, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  25. roalda

roalda Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2007