My 328 is home and well..... | FerrariChat

My 328 is home and well.....

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Tod328gts, Feb 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Ok, i had a great time this afternoon driving my fresh 328 with a TUBI. IT WAS GREAT! I just hope we keep getting nice weather... I am done with winter!!!

Ok, got a few pictures from the dealer, for those of you that have weak stomach, be careful, there are some very tramatic looking pictures here. You will also see my Tubi, before and after installation on the car....

Enjoy.....

2. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Looking great, glad you have it home now. Getting closer to seeing and HEARING that black beauty

3. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Deck struts look great too! Glad it's back to you. Tubi looks great. Car nice and clean too. Have fun this weekend - 50s, right.
    Philip

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Ecch! Can't stand the sight of blood and guts. Tod, I need to hear how it sounds ASAP! Hopefully you're out breaking it in today.

5. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Sweet Tod. You satisfied with the work Continental did and the way they handled you? I had my 308 out today. Ran fine but I noticed some gasoline smell after I took a long right-hand off ramp. So I'm thinking of having my 60k done right now instead of next year. Get everything up to snuff and change out all the fuel hoses, something I've wanted to do for some time.

Did you get that 10% off with the FCA membership? I'm not currently a member but if you can save 10% I'll have to join. They say you've got to get the work done by 3/15, so that'll be a tight one.

Let me know what you thought of your service experience, please.

6. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Very satisfied with the work Continental did, they are very professional there and they don't hesitate to bend over backwards for you. Yes, they are a bit more costly than taking it to a small import shop, but thier service is very good. But, i always believed in the old saying, you get what you pay for...

Had the car out today waking up the neighborhood, the Tubi sounds great! Especially during exceleration between 3800 and 4000 rpm.... WOW! Talk about a nice ROAR!!

The car has a totally different sound to it now and feel, much nicer.... I just can't wait to drive it again, but i know the winter is still here and so are the salt trucks, just waiting to dump more on these streets first chance.... :(

7. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Took my 308 to work today...
    nothing better than leaving work after a difficult day, seeing her in the parking deck....

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That part still gets me nervous: To see whether the car is still there...

OTOH it is well insured, but still...

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Great pics - My 328 has a Tubi as well - I agree that the sounds is great!

10. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Did you guys notice a power difference with the Tubi? I've heard people claim yes and no. Just curious what your opinions are.

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Should be about 10 hp. I doubt, that you feel that by itself.