Anyone fly US Airways | FerrariChat

Anyone fly US Airways

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by charlie_ludden, Sep 19, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. charlie_ludden

charlie_ludden F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I have a travel voucher, i recieved, I only fly delta, have no need for this, anyone intrested, Please PM me, Ill give it to you at a GREAT deal.

PM for details

2. MaxPower

MaxPower Two Time F1 World Champ

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    no us carriers for me .........

hate the buggers ...

3. charlie_ludden

charlie_ludden F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Charles
    When I fly Delta, never a problem. Great service, on time, clean Sky Clubs

4. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Interesting. Why do you hate the buggers?

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #5 tazandjan, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    Bob- He is Australian and Quantas or Air NZ have better service. If you are platinum or, even better, diamond, on Delta, service is pretty good. Was platinum for many years. Not any more, just a million miler.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

6. MaxPower

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    spoilt by the outstanding service available on carriers like singapore airlines, emirates, cathay & others ...

us carriers treat customers with barely disguised tolerance and attitude ... it's a major PITA ... IMHO ...

7. MaxPower

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    mate, i'm neither aussie, platinum, diamond, premium or million miler ...

but yes, quantas is good.

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Max- Sorry about that. I figured as much as you post you had to be Australian.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

9. MaxPower

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    no offence taken mate ... i'm just a knee-high newbie trying to follow in the footsteps of all the maestro's on board ...

:)

i live on this wee rock called singapore ... not much to do as u can imagine ... so ...

10. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    If you're not Australian , what's up with the "mate", mate? BTW I helped to build the Quantas 707's and 747's. Glad you like them, mate. I have to agree with you on the U.S, carriers. Flying on them in the 60's was a great experience. but I avoid it any time I can now. And I had a small part in designing and building the planes that they use.

Switches

11. TURBOQV

TURBOQV Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2003
    NV and Utah
    Amen to that! nail on the head.

The only airlines in the world for service that have 5 star ratings are

Singapore

Malaysian

Cathay

Qatar

Kingfisher

Asiana

And the flight attendants can fit their asses between the aisles too!

12. MaxPower

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    been around too many for too long ...

:D :D

no actually, i have a bunch of very dear friends from down under ... & the lingo kinda rubs off ...

they are STILL an experience ... just ones i prefer to avoid ...

13. MaxPower

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    hahaha ... that's a good one mate ...

14. Tim Wells

Tim Wells Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2009
    Dallas, GA
    Full Name:
    Tim Wells
    I couldn't have said it better myself. It used to be fun to fly commercial but not in many years and since the advent of TSA and 911 it has grown so exponentially worse as a whole and the arrogant, flippant, and obtuse attitudes of the majority of counter and gate personnel in particular; I have come to hate flying at all.

I mostly fly Delta when I do since I'm at the hub but it sucks to be blunt and this airport is the worst I've ever flown out of or into as far as logistics, counter persons and the like. I know the reason why but I can't say on this forum; the problem will never go away I'm afraid. Too much politics involved.

The aircrews I've never had an issue with, it has always been the gate personnel, ticket counter personnel, or totally unrelated to any particular airline are rogue TSA agents.

15. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    The last time I flew on US Airways had to have been the worst. On my flight from St. Maarten to Charlotte half of the Lavs were broken, the IFE was broken. They were out of drinks including water, no chips or snacks either. So for the 4 1/2 hour flight they were pushing there credit card over the PA system.

I will never fly them again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    +1 on the Never.. ever again...

They still owe me $644 bucks..

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Agreed on all points. It's no longer worth the hassle for me to fly domestically to vacation. Only unless I absolutely have to (i.e. interview). International flights will be done with foreign carriers. I'm done with US airlines. They can all go to hell for all I care. TSA as well.

18. charlie_ludden

charlie_ludden F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Charles
    so well does anyone want this thing?

its for 50.00 selling for 20.00....EASY 30.00 for you

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    On my three trips to the U.K., all the flights were on British Airways, and even in coach the service was better than on any U.S. airline I've ever flown. My friends who've flown over there on Delta say that the service is about the same as on their domestic flights. Although I've had no real complaints about Delta's domestic service, when I go back to Britain, I think that I'll stick with BA.

20. charlie_ludden

charlie_ludden F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Charles
    anyone want this thing???

50.00 voucher for $20.00....doesnt expire until late next year

you save 30.00

21. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Delta is good for a US airline
    Etihad,KLM,JAL and Qantas are really good!
    Not a fan of Spore Airliness!

22. Fenivision

Fenivision Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Whenever I fly back home, I try to fly Lufthansa (or as I call them Lufthamster).
    I have never had a bad experience with them and I fly to Europe at least twice a year, if not four times. I do avoid flying through their Frankfurt hub though, Munich is much nicer.

I recently wasn't able to get a cheap enough flight on Lufthansa (short notice) and went with KLM/Air France and expected the worst. Ended up being upgraded to business on the CDG-LAx flight for free - on a flight like that it's a blessing for me as I'm a big guy (working on that)

My experiences with US carriers has been so-so with the exception of JetBlue.

23. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    After flying US Airways for a week, I thought I'd leave a reply to this thread.

Two Saturdays ago my fiancee and I had our wedding. The next day we left (flying US Airways) to Charlotte, then to Cancun. Our passports were checked out in Kansas City and accepted, however when we arrived to Charlotte and were checking in my wife's passport was refused because it was tearing itself away from the binding. She had washed it a few years ago on accident so it looked worn. Because everything was pretty much intact we didn't think anything of it. They stated that it would not be accepted by Mexico and we would be turned away at the gate. We screwed up royally. Here we are, STARING at the plane that's going to take us to our honeymoon, and we can't board it. We were absolutely crushed.

The person at the gate contacted a supervisor named Brent who walked us through our options. We were lost, destroyed, and had no idea what to do but refused to give up. We stayed polite with them asking them if there was anything that could be done. Brent suggested that we fly up to Washington DC, stay the night, the next day walk to the Passport Office, have a same-day passport made, and then fly back to Charlotte that night. The next day we would fly to Cancun. ALL of the flights were provided free of charge by US Airways.

We accepted responsibility for the screwed up passport immediately, but US Airways went over the top to help us out. I will not forget this. Brent saved our ENTIRE honeymoon with his kindness and US Airway's willingness to work with us to ultimately get us to our destination. On top of that he changed our return flight and made it a day later without any fuss as after explaining all of our troubles to the hotel we were staying at (The Royal Playa Del Carmen) they, out of a kindness that STILL blows me away, extended our stay an additional day free of charge.

What should've been a complete disaster was turned into the most memorable trip I've had in my life, and will probably be one of the best as well. I will never forget the kindness we were shown on this trip and fully plan on spreading that kindness around as much as I possibly can.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/teh_usernamez0r/IMG_0953.jpg

This is a shot of my wife and I with Brent just minutes before we boarded our plane to Cancun. :)