CS refinements over production run... | FerrariChat

CS refinements over production run...

Discussion in '360/430' started by Russell996, Oct 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    I think the CS was produced from 2003 - 2005 (in Europe anyway) and i was keen to know if anyone has a handle on changes that were incorporated during production cycle. I have been looking at a late 03 car and I can see a couple of obvious differences-no heat shields on either side of the exhaust and a smaller heat shield on underside of engine cover compared to later cars. Anything more fundamental?

2. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Must be some owners who've had early and late cars - what changed?

3. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    With the exception of regional differences, recalls and service bulletin updates, I'm not aware of changes over the limited run. Maybe guys like Rifledriver have access to more details.

4. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    I've heard that the late production run did include some parts from the F430 but not sure what those parts are? I would like to know as well as what is defined as a late production run CS?

5. India Whiskey Charlie

India Whiskey Charlie Formula Junior

May 24, 2001
    Way Out West
    I think it's the other way around. It's the F430 which had some parts carried over from the CS. The muffler is one, for example. The floor pan structure is another that I recall. I don't think there was anything significantly different between the first CS and the last one off the assembly line.

6. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Two very minor differences, at least in North America.

1) Different bolt pattern on brake rotors

2) Early cars had pininfarina flags on the c/f transmission tunnel whereas later cars had "50" to commemorate 50 years of Ferrari in the U.S.

I'm sure there are others settle differences between early and late production Strads.

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    early uk cars did not have exhaust shield cover and had a different ccm brake disc hub

8. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Not exactly sure, but were teflon bolts used to rectify the "creaking" suspension on later cars?

9. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Hmmm.... I don't think so, but not 100% sure.

10. India Whiskey Charlie

India Whiskey Charlie Formula Junior

May 24, 2001
    Way Out West
    Mine is a late production (Sep-Oct '04) and that issue had to be addressed by the dealer.

11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Early cars had a 30 amp F1 relay, later cars had the 50 amp F1 relay fitted to the 575M. The clutch assembly changed at Assembly Number 51072. The end of stroke stud for the clutch changed at Engine Number 81310. Steering pipe and unions for the power steering changed at Assembly Number 53103.

You can find most of the changes by going through the parts catalog, with the exception of the F1 relay, which does not show up for some reason. Changes above are just a sampling from a 5 minute search. Too lazy to search all 100+ pages.

Taz
    Terry Phillips