Worst Mondial ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Worst Mondial ?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 365boxer, Oct 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Of course we've seen worse - - and we've seen better (of any Ferrari). Sorry if I missed the point of your question.

If that car resonates with your heart, rid her of the cancer - - make her whole again.

God, I wish we could do that with our "flesh and blood, loved ones".

Hank

2. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    If your car runs I would take it over this POS that I filmed being for sale in Socal a few years ago.. I think the guy wanted 14grand for it but I would have offered maybe 1500 bucks for it.. It was running on 4 cylinders or maybe less... Sounded horrible.. Here is the video.. JJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x8cwKhGAU0

Side note. That rust could be a blessing. Now you can strip all the metal off the car and fiberglass it and make it into a cool track/street driver....

3. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
    OMG!! :eek: That is really REALLY REALLY bad !!! :p

4. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #29 Jedi, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    Wow. I'd love to hear the "full story".... looks like something I'd see in the local
    community college parking lot... badged as ANYTHING other than Ferrari.

Please don't be shy - post more details. You can't just post this and then vanish....

:)

Jedi

5. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    a really bad car!
    please tell us the s/n!!!

6. veloce33

veloce33 Karting

Feb 4, 2009
    Vandalia, OH
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hobbs
    Funny, but I think it may actually be too rusty to pass off as an X1/9. Even the glass is rusting.

7. lightning

lightning Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2010
    Stockport
    Full Name:
    Martin Oliver
    That's quite scary, makes me wonder what my Mondial t is like under the shiny red paint.
    have not found any corrosion yet though.

8. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    The car appears to be in the UK. Their inspection (combined safety and emissions, called an MOT) is much stricter than either the NY or NJ inspections I have experience of here. Rust on a chassis member is an immediate fail in the UK but also body rust is a failure item if it could affect pedestrian safety.

9. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I do not think this is in the UK, the car is LHD and the cars to the right in the second photo do not seem to be wearing UK number plates.

10. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    Am I looking at the wrong photos because I only see one number plate on the blue Ford Mondeo and it looks like a UK plate to me... but I'm on an iPhone so the screen IS kinda small.

When I lived in Brussels a few years ago there was a blue (I think it was originally blue) mondi around the corner. Parked on the street every day, driven every day. It was in a similar state, rusty, both bumpers missing, various pieces of trim missing, every panel dented, interior trashed. It was a sad case. I am guessing he was not up to date on the service schedule either. I wish I had a picture of it. Anyway when we left Belgium it was for sale......

17,000 euros!!!!

Regards
    David

11. 365boxer

365boxer Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2004
    La Drova, Spain
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Hi All. The car is in the uk. As soon as i get lots of time i will tell you all about it and post some more pictures. Looks worse now as it has spent the last 4 years in a barn full of doves. More posts at the weekend. All will be revieled !!!
    Nick

12. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Excellent, can't wait.

13. fgcfire8

fgcfire8 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2008
    Montpelier Va
    Full Name:
    Frank Castelvecchi
    LOL I have a Bertone x 1/9 parts car that is rusted worse--I only bought it for the unobtainium good spoiler I needed that was sitting on the ground in front of it after the attaching points had rusted away.

And their are a number of interchangeable parts between the x1/9 and the Mondial.

14. michael platzer

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    I would seriously be interested in the s/n for my archive.
    It a unique car and the pics worth storing!

15. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
    Ferrari's Patented CPS. As the engine weakens with age, rust reduces the car's weight.

A little Zaino and voila, concours here we come.

16. michael platzer

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer