Calling all low mile/clean Challenge Stradales | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Calling all low mile/clean Challenge Stradales

Discussion in '360/430' started by rzundel, Oct 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I made a lot of calls trying to get that car and was close to flying down there to hunt it out. I could never get any info from anyone and could never get anyone to call me back.

I don't think anyone "let it pass".

2. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    To bad Jason, I'm sorry to hear that. I was more than happy to assist you on that. But who know, these car move a lot from one owner to other. I will have my eye open.

3. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    We're you representing the car?

If they wanted top dollar for the car, why didn't it make it's way to EBay or something?

4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Thanks for the details. Hopefully the new owner will share his prize here when it is ready to roll again!
    CH

5. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    Are you kidding me!
    I don't have anything to do with the car!
    I just share with the chat a possibility of any of the members here to get the car.

If you read better the post you will see that the car was in a repo lot. They don't post anything on eBay.

6. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I know all of this. I talked with you months ago when it first go repo'd. I found the bank that repo'd it. I found where it was. I found the guy in charge etc. He would never call me back. Then one day, I just couldn't get ahold of anyone.

7. India Whiskey Charlie

India Whiskey Charlie Formula Junior

May 24, 2001
    Way Out West
    It's an option called "special stitching" which is really double thickness thread.

8. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I hate it when that happens. I would rather have someone tell me to "get lost" then never return a call. However, it's interesting you tried so hard and couldn't reach someone. There is the possibility that the "guy in charge" didn't want to hear from you. He could have had a "friend" on the buying side of the deal.

9. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Damn, good eye on my part! Special stitching looks quite nice. Rick, can you post some close up shots of the stitching?

10. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    #85 rzundel, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
    Will do when I take delivery. Just had all the services completed yesterday at FoOC. They are storing it in their showroom until I can bring the baby home. Remember, I'm waiting on the car lift to get installed. I don't know if I am going to last 2 weeks!! I'm at SEMA this week. I'll try to get down to the dealer over the weekend and take some photos. I agree, good eye!

11. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    The links don't work;

'No Hotlinking Allowed'

12. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    FChat probably isn't a random sample -- a lot of people on this board actually drive their cars.

Based on cars I have seen, of the ~1,300 360 CS''s built probably better than half are in pristine condition. (Actually I've yet to see one that wasn't, but it sounds like there are some.)

Well said. Let the 'greater fool' pay for all the leading zeros on the clock.

What is ironic is that as you go back further into the vintage/classic stuff that is seriously rare and collectible the owners seem less likely to have a prayer rug in front of their odometers.

Not sure if MalcolmB from San Diego follows the 360/430 section, but he drives his 275 GTB and Daytonas extensively till they need rebuilding. Then he rebuilds them. Then he goes on another 1000-mile event in some of the prettiest and coolest cars ever made.

13. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    "Prayer rug in front of their odometers" This could be the best line ever typed on Fchat

I've only a few cars left that I truly want and not once in my quest/search/prayers have I ever once worried about mileage. The handful I've called or emailed about I didn't once ask about mileage. I will say the quest for vintage cars isn't an email/ppi/price and buy deal for me now. It's a think about it for 6-12 months. Choose the proper car for my needs and spend as much time as needed to find the right one to fit my garage.

I would say that 8 of 10 CS's on the market today are ownable. I only have reference for a few CS's on driving characteristics but I will say the best feeling car I ever drove had the most mileage. Stokpro after driving mine (whether he was being nice, drunk on my wine or.....) told me it had the best throttle response and feel he's ever had in a CS. Will I attibute this to "mine" being the PERFECT CS? No way. I think it has all to do with the 15k miles on the odometer. These cars need exercise and use to become the gems they are. This MY opinion I know but I think it holds true. The 21k mile car I drove before buying mine was smooth as silk and shifted strong and hard.

Drive em like you stole them boys and you'll never stop smiling!

14. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    26k on mine and counting.

15. canadianferrarista

canadianferrarista Formula 3

Jan 16, 2010
    Calgary, Ab. Canada
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    Were you the fortunate one to log all 26K miles on the car?
    That is really not a lot of miles over a 6 year period.
    Good for you!

16. rks5370

rks5370 Karting

Dec 31, 2006
    IL
    Beautiful interior, no radio with fire extinguisher, low miles. Can you say collector quality?.....nah, drive the hell out of her!!! Congrats and enjoy.

17. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    14k on it when I bought it in 2007.

18. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    If this car is not collector "quality" then I don't know what is? The real question that everyone is debating in the forum is whether the CS will be collectable at all? In my experience, anything that is limited and unique is capable of being collectable. Will the CS ever reach the status of a Ferrari Supercar. Of course not. Will it be more collectable than a production run of any model. Absolutely. I don't think it is the proper place for anyone to tell someone how to use their car. Some want to track it. Some want it as a daily driver. Some want to reserve it for special ocassions. Some don't want to drive it at all. That is a personal decision. I do believe that whether it's 500 miles or 5000 miles a year, the enjoyment can all be the same. That's my opinion. :)

19. rks5370

rks5370 Karting

Dec 31, 2006
    IL
    Chillax and enjoy some my friend! Just light heartedly complementing your soweet ride! Of course do with your honey what YOU want. For me, I'll treat mine like a jewel but ride her every chance I get. Cheers. btw, love your double stitching

20. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    All cool. :) Nothing targeted at you. Just making a point. Thanks for the comments!

21. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Nope, not just being nice. I've driven nearly a dozen Stradales and your CS is tight and right. These cars get better with use, so I'm looking forward to continue racking up the mileage. I've driven them all; from low to high mileage examples and have to admit the higher mileage cars just feel right. Can't wait to see how she feels at 25k+ miles. And the low milers out there, not to worry, just get out there and drive! :)

22. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    +1000

True, I love staring at the CS almost as much as driving it.

23. dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2009
    #100 dfwerdoc, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
    lots of relativism in the world but here i would have to respectfully disagree ---- it's not AS enjoyable to look at a CS as it is to drive one. if it was, the CS wouldn't be the cult car it's becoming. great great purchase btw. that interior is stunning and you're one lucky guy. what people are saying is that drive it, don't drive it, it doesn't matter; but don't not drive it because you don't want to add miles to the car and are worried it'll depreciate the value. life is too short.