Selling the Mondial | FerrariChat

Selling the Mondial

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by st.tully, Nov 4, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    Well it is time to be serious about selling my Mondial 8. She has had the same mechanic all her life, Tom Jones at Sport Auto, and only two owners. I bought her from the original owner who went to Italy to spec the colors - Azurro Dino over black. Absolutely meticulous service and records from day one. In fact the engine was replaced under warranty at around 30k miles for excessive oil burn. Miles now are @45k on the chassis.

Interestingly, this was the first Ferrari I ever saw in the flesh way back in the early 80's. The owner was a neighbor. A couple of years ago when he decided to sell, I had to buy it. Yes, the Mondial may be the less loved of the Ferrari herd, but this is a really good one. She is on consignment/ebay thru the dealer that sold her originally, Steve Barney; and the mechanic who has kept her running like a top from the beginning can tell you anything you want to know.

I'd love to keep her, but I just don't have the time or the space. You can buy her for the price of an unloved beater and have a really nice car that is completely sorted and properly maintained for her whole life.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-Mondial-1982-Ferrari-Mondial-8-/330492736597?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4cf2e6f455#ht_500wt_1182

http://www.sportauto.us/02_inventory/ferrari/1982_Ferrari_Mondial_Coupe_Blue/index.htm

2. db6

db6 Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2010
    Good luck with the sale! That's a really cool color.

One observation - your eBay ad is a little light on the details. I think you'll get more interest if you include a lot more details, car history, etc.

3. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    A lot of people say recent service and that can mean anything from last week to 8 years ago. I suggest date and mileage of service. That will let buyers know what they are getting.

4. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    Service is in the last 12 months and 500 miles. If someone has an interest, give Tom Jones at SportAuto a ring - he has been the mechanic on this car since day one. Plus all the service is documented. It really is a lovely car that has been well cared for from day one.

5. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Don't sell! You'll miss her when she's gone!

6. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    You are probably right! Actually it will most likely be bought by someone who wants a Ferrari "cheap" and then be completely abused and neglected - then I'll just be ashamed to have sold it.

7. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    Of course, if I do keep her, perhaps it will be time for another SUPERCHARGED Mondial to hit the streets!!