F430 Spider roof issue | FerrariChat

F430 Spider roof issue

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mr Aryan, Nov 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr Aryan

Mr Aryan Karting

Sep 23, 2008
    Bahrain
    Full Name:
    Mr Aryan
    #1 Mr Aryan, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was just cleaning the car when i noticed a gap on the right side of the roof...
    took it to the dealer and they said there is sort of a belt inside to hold it tight, but this belt or whatever holds it been cut/broke...
    well i guess this is because the past few days i've droped down the top like twice a day.
    anyway, the dealer told me that they don't have a part number or anything replacement for that, as that peice comes as a whole roof!!

anyone have any idea? can i just go to any outside shop, some good one's to open it up and just fix it?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Mr Aryan

Mr Aryan Karting

Sep 23, 2008
    Bahrain
    Full Name:
    Mr Aryan
    #2 Mr Aryan, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. ferrarilou

ferrarilou Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    US
    Full Name:
    Lou Menditto
    I've not had your specific problem, but I have taken two different cars to my local auto upholstery and top shop ... great results each time. Like anything else though, the hard part is in finding one with good recommendations.

Lou

4. 430inSeattle

430inSeattle Rookie

Mar 29, 2009
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Dave Shemwell
    I had the same problem. My dealer (Ferrari of Seattle) was able to order a new part and have it installed. It was several weeks to get the part in but only a day to fix afterwards.

5. Mr Aryan

Mr Aryan Karting

Sep 23, 2008
    Bahrain
    Full Name:
    Mr Aryan
    what was the part number?

6. F-1

F-1 Karting

Sep 30, 2010
    east coast
    What did they say the whole roof would cost?

7. Mr Aryan

Mr Aryan Karting

Sep 23, 2008
    Bahrain
    Full Name:
    Mr Aryan
    i didn't even ask...
    I tried to open the roof and looked at that part, it folds in when the roof goes in... but when you bring it back, it suppose to be tight at this part, while mine is a bit loose as you can see in the pic, and the other side is tight...

8. Periokid

Periokid Karting

Oct 19, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    David
    I have the exact same issue. I'd love to fix it if it is not a major job.

9. Mr Aryan

Mr Aryan Karting

Sep 23, 2008
    Bahrain
    Full Name:
    Mr Aryan
    well, last night went up to 70mph and looked at that peice if there is any effects..
    it looked fine... i thought the air would just get in or something...
    so I'm not worried about it now, but as Periokid said, would love to fix it if it's not a major job... :)

10. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    There is a tensioning cable that runs inside of that flap and it is common to break. You will find the broken end just above the door window under the fabric. Replace them all the time. the job is a little tedious but not difficult. Several hours and $60.00 in parts and you are on your way.

11. f355red

f355red Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    K-town NC
    Full Name:
    todd tanner
    i had the same problem but it was rebuilt to be more durable while under warranty. so it was free:D

12. F-1

F-1 Karting

Sep 30, 2010
    east coast
    Guys, the more important question is that if it is worth having a cabrio with all these troubles or is it best to just stick to the Coupe?

13. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I haven't noticed anyone here having excessive problems with the 430 spider roof. This thread would not have any bearing on my decision, coupe vs spider.

14. F-1

F-1 Karting

Sep 30, 2010
    east coast
    Do you get lot's of wind in the convertible? does the fact that is roofless make you feel differently when you push through curves?

15. carcommander

carcommander Formula 3

Sep 28, 2006
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Any kind of top is going to have wear and mechanism issues. Nature of the beast.