Clear Bra Question | FerrariChat

Clear Bra Question

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by MikeandJen, Sep 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeandJen

MikeandJen Rookie

Feb 27, 2007
    Napa and Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Mike and Jen
    Does anyone know of a good clear bra installer? I need someone who will travel to Benicia to remove it, and come back to reinstall at a later date.

Mike

2. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    try omega werks in pleasanton.

a mobile installer won't make 2 trips. if paint work is needed, a detailer or body shop can remove it for you.

3. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
  4. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    I had a quote from AVO. It was even more than Premium which was a lot to begin with. At end of day, it's a disposable wrap.

5. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    I had my 2008 Cayman S done by Premier Mobile in Fremont CA; full hood and front quarter panels. It was expensive but they did an amazing job. That was nearly 3yrs ago and it still looks like new. Highly recommend them.

6. Moogle

Moogle Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #6 Moogle, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
    Premier mobile group did my 09 scud, entire car.
    In my humble opinion they are the best, and I will be using them for all my cars.

Contact info

Wilson Yu
    Premier mobile group Norcal
    42630 Christy St
    Fremont, Ca 94538

7. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Moogle ain't kidding. He doesn't just have a clear bra on his Scud, It's a dang condom! If you want to see expert craftmanship, you would have to see Moogle's car. If it's "the best" that you want regardless of price, from what I've seen, Premier would be your best choice.

8. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    Premeir is the best, no doubt about it!

9. DrDoug

DrDoug Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Doug T
    I just had my 360 front done by Premier. They did an outstanding job. No seams to be seen. I would assert that 99% of people looking at my car would have absolutely no idea that there was a clear bra on it, whereas 99% of people would easily be able to see the rock chips on the front of a car without a clear bra.

10. Trincap

Trincap Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2010
    NorCal
    Oh do I have a story on this. I hired this guy for my R8 and he had GREAT reviews. He came to my office and spent like 8 hours on the car. Then when it was a HORRIBLE job with parts actually peeling off and bubbles everywhere he came back and spent 10 hours redoing the whole thing at no cost. The result? Still bad. Not peeling off everywhere but bad with a bubble and stretch marks here and there. Then I took it to Premier. Wow that's a big difference. When I first went back out to see the G37s they were doing for me I was pissed, "wtf, it's been 3 hours, you haven't even started?" "Uh, it's on there already" It was that good and that was for a half hood. When they did the R8 full hood it was pristine. I'll never go anywhere else. Suggest you find something to do for 3 hours though. I saw a bad movie.

11. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    Mike, give Premier a call

12. def

def Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #12 def, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
    I emailed Premier years ago to re-wrap my old lotus and never got an email back. I was told they were in the middle of a management change, which caused the lack in communication - by a post on this subforum actually, instead of a reply to my email. I still recommended them to a coworker due to all the forum feedback, the wrap bubbled on one panel, so YMMV

13. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    Premier's done 3 or 4 of my cars in the past few years and not only the work is great, but their service is top notch. Had some paint issue that required a bodyshop to touch up and Premier organized the entire process of transport to and fro the painter. Got it back in tip top shape. I wouldn't use anyone else.

14. Buxton

Buxton Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2010
    Full Name:
    B Buxton
    Did he return, call them, or give them a chance to make it right?
    Many times there are extenuating circumstances, like a bad batch of film and a reputable proprietor will do their best to rectify it.

15. AutoConcierge

AutoConcierge Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    Management change? Sam & Wilson are the only owners that I am aware of since I met them in late 03.

16. def

def Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #16 def, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
    While there was that one miscommunication, and my coworker's bubble, I too have only heard good things about Premier. I would probably give them another shot and use them if I needed another car wrapped, due to all the positive feedback I hear from them.

OK I searched for an hour and you're right, I was wrong so I want to clear this up. It wasn't a management change, it was a host change 4 years ago, as mentioned in this thread by Premier: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=136462744.

It was also mentioned there they were possibly too busy at the time and turning away some business.

No idea - will have to ask. I'm sure they fixed it, as any good business should do, and I've heard Premier is a good business, if not more.

I do have to ask... do they still do mobile services like the OP asks for? Weren't they called "Premier mobile group" back in the day or am I mixing up businesses?

17. Russ H

Russ H Karting

Oct 2, 2010
    SF Bay Area
    I recently had my F430 F1 Coupe (Silverstone over Nero), that I bought a few months ago, serviced by Advanced Vehicle Outfitters (AVO). I couldn’t be happier with the results.

I had some older, scratched film surfaces removed, paint corrected, interior detail (including Leatherique treatment), and new 3M VentureShield applied. In addition to doing a really great job, they were able to remove deep scratches from both bottom door sills, saving about $350 in replacement costs.

Before going with AVO, I requested and received a quote from Premier in Fremont – their quote was more than twice as much as AVO.

AVO’s contact information is:

[email protected]

(415) 686-4288

They are located in Oakland, just off of Broadway, near the Mercedes dealership.

AVO exceeded my high expectations. I will have them service my other cars in the near future.

Regards.

18. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    Your mileage may vary with Steve. I had him work on my F430 through FoSF since it was convenient and Gino vouched for him. Had it done and the bra bunched up on my mirrors and several areas on the nose when I picked up the car. It was late and I didn't want to deal with it, so I took the car home. Next day, it became very noticeable that it was either a novice who did it or he was in a hurry. Found some sand particles underneath the hood part and several more areas bunching up on the lower nose. Decided to take my time to bring it to Premier in Fremont. 100% better with Premier IMO.

19. hachemfh

hachemfh Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    hi guys. i am new to this forum.i just raded my S 550 to a ferrari F 430 amd wants to have some sort of paint protectio,is 3M better than ventureshield or vice verca.

20. drew935

drew935 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2007
    Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  21. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    ...3M stuff.

I applied it on late friday night after much drinking and man did it go on easy... and I was very happy with the product, it really held up.

It was a little painful for +1.3 when I removed it in the morning though.

22. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    ....pictures?

anyone?

23. Premier Protective Films

Premier Protective Films Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    Thanks ferrari_jjc!!! Glad we're able to take care of your 4th car with us!!!

24. Russ H

Russ H Karting

Oct 2, 2010
    SF Bay Area
    You may be right, but in my case, you’re wrong. I have no financial or other interest in Advanced Vehicle Outfitters (AVO), didn’t previously know Steve, and haven’t talked with him since he wrapped my F430 F1, last October. The wrap still looks great – see for yourself at Infineon tomorrow, or the Mogulaire Concours at Wente Vineyards. I’m very particular about my cars, and would not accept sub-par work.

With all due respect, if I came to pick up my car (regardless of the time of day) and there were the same or similar defects in the wrap as you described, I wouldn’t pick up the car until it was perfect, period. As per your story, you found additional problems, consistent with a clearly unacceptable job, I would have requested an immediate refund or have the job done redone in a reasonable amount of time – if that didn’t happen; I would put the word out through FC and the BBB, and other sources.

I have no reason to think that Premire in Fremont does anything less than a great job – it’s just at the time, I couldn’t justify twice the cost for the exact same work with the exact same materials.

25. Premier Protective Films

Premier Protective Films Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay