Domenicali must leave Ferrari F1 Team? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Domenicali must leave Ferrari F1 Team?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Gilles82, Jul 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    If the drivers of the day brought the money Alonso does things might have been different;)

2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    +200000

I actually forgot that the Scuderia did indeed stop development for the F60 to focus on this crap, and Fred actually said that the F10 was the best car he's ever driven.

3. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That was truly pathetic choke by Ferrari. Truly. Pathetic.

4. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    I am sorry but although Ferrari screwed up with the strategy, it was Alonso on the track ultimately. How many times did he try to take a pop at Petrov??? Maybe once? Half heartedly at least. It was so pathetic. Alonso knew what the score was. He HAD to pass a couple of players in order to win. So did he try ?? NO. I mean what did he have to lose?? Was he content with second?? What was the worse scenario that could have taken place?? He either would have done some late braking maneuver and crashed into the back of Petrov or spun off. I would have given him credit for that, because I knew he HAD to risk and he HAD to make decent attempts at passing in order to be champion. You get nothing for second.Would they have worked?? No one knows but a true grit champion will NEVER give up. No matter what. You always try even to the last second. Wars are won with heart not mind. Any respect I had for Alonso, was lost on that track yesterday..... Hamilton showed true determination and grit even though he had the least chance of becoming champion.

5. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Last race Vettel blew a motor and handed the win to Alonso. If Alonso ruined his car, then he definitely wouldn't win and also give up a runner up finish. However, if he waited for a Petrov mistake or a possible failure on the fragile Red Bull he would likely win the title.

He played it smart. Also, to say he was driving half heartedly is ridiculous because he was obviously giving it his all...

6. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    I actually thought by now people might have calmed down a bit, it is just racing and there is a degree of luck. What if Alonso had been leading and about to take the title and his engine blew? the calls for knives, blood and ferrari engineers to sacrifice would have been deafening. Considering how bad the season was going at one stage the team did pretty good, christ I supported them through the 80's and in comparison this season's been a miracle.

Too many babies on here have grown up supporting them in the MS era and expect repeated victory always.

7. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Good post.

8. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    I find it ironic that both McLarens AND Renaults woke up for this last, crucial race. Apparently there's nothing sweeter in F1 than beating Ferrari. Its a great compliment...

Alsonso made his life very difficult by giving up a position to Button at the start, but La Gazzeta Dello Sport has insinuated that Red Bull used Webber as a decoy to bring Alonso in at the wrong time. Pretty clever if true (and an indication of team orders), but why would Ferrari be covering Webber in their pit stop strategy if Vettel was so damn fast all weekend and was basically running away with the race? There's no doubt that Red Bull had the better car all season, and congrats to SV, but frankly, Ferrari blew this WDC.

Not so sure about SD, but Massa is a washed up driver and has got to be replaced if Ferrari are ever to win a WCC again. You can't expect one driver to hold off the rest throughout the course of a very long season.

9. Ricard

Ricard Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Donington Park
    Full Name:
    Richard C
    Agree 100%, I remember 1982 (the accidents), 83 (Arnoux's electrics), 84 (embarrassing), 85 (too much vino), 87/88 (too much fuel), 89 (reliability) well - as I am sure you do.

DiMontezemolo is exceptional, not only for the F1 team but for Ferrari in general - remember the first road car released under his helm was the 355, and road car wise the company has not looked back since, same for F1 record.

As for F1, Ferrari's problems used to always be related to internal politics with the engine and chassis departments each working for their own corner. Enzo tried to finally solve this by bringing Barnard from Mclaren but unfortunately he liked Cricket over Pasta and the situation was exasperated as the chassis dept ended up in Guildford (UK). Finally the dream team came together and to their credit (especially Rory Byrne) they made it their duty to put systems in place and train the right people up so that when they finally left the Scuderia has stronger than before they arrived.

The last thing the team needs now is a witch hunt, the car was extremely competitive and as for tactics. If Alonso hadn't pitted, then Petrov making one mistake would have ensured Webber would have finished in front of Alonso. If Massa had made it out of the pits 1 second sooner then he would have held Webber up all afternoon and Alonso would not then have had to pit. There are too many permutations sometimes, as Alonso says thats racing.

The present team is the strongest I have seen it, so I am looking forward to another season next year, and personally I prefer it when there are close battles and sometime Ferrari loose, it makes the victories much more sweet.

One final note, I do think that the championship was ultimately decided by yet another Herman Tilke disaster. If that race had been at Spa or Suzuka then Alonso would be world champion as he would have overtaken the Renaults and Rosberg, i.e. we would have had a race instead of a procession. The sooner Tilke goes the better.

10. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    An interesting idea but absent proof just a bit of tin-hat rationalization.

11. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The reality is that Ferrari, the greatest name in racing history, was soundly beaten by the manufacturer of energy drinks. How does this happen? This is ALL Ferrari does. Nothing else. It's embarrassing, really.

12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #137 TheMayor, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
    Not as bad as being beaten by a left over defunct Honda team last year!

Actually, McLaren must feel worse. Their former star engineer Adrian Newey had his revenge. I bet everyone at McLaren laughed when he said he was going to Red Bull --- "there goes Adrian: Never to be heard of again!"

Not finding a way to keep him has to be the dumbest move since LDM "retired" Schumacher.

13. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Soundly beaten by the manufacturer of energy drinks that spends massive money on the team, hires one of the great genius engineers of our time and has the next Schumy driving for him...hardly a shoe string operation that sprung up overnight...BTW they also trounced Mercedes, McLaren and Renault...

14. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Give up a runner up finish?? So what?? That really makes sense...not! He had nothing to lose. Its win or nothing. No prizes for second. Yes he did wait.... about 20 rounds for Petrov to make an error, which he didn't. You then take the race to him and do what you can. How can you say he played smart??? He lost the championship for heavens sake. That's really smart! Completely pathetic no two ways about it.

15. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    all this domenicalli must be fired talk is hysterical. The Red Bull was a dominant car all year; Ferrari was fighting a two headed monster in this race. It was a real longshot; they needed more mechanical failures from others than anything else.
    They need a major improvement in the design department.
    I'm glad someone reminded us that this car was being developed a long time ago. They missed the mark, and have been fighting an uphill battle all year.

16. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I think most everyone here understands all that. The issues we have with him revolve around decisions made during the races.

17. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a feeling next year will be an uphill battle as well. Newey is famous for getting the most out of changes to the regulations. And next year there are plenty.

Ferrari should have focused on signing him rather than making driver changes!

18. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Newey said the same thing recenltly; he loves when the rules chnage. It let's him open his mind more. This hampered him in the early 2000's as the rules stabilized for. Few years.
    The guy is pure genius.

19. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Indeed, I bet Mclaren rue the day they let Newey go..

20. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Don't you have something to post?

21. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hang on just get me mail.....ermm am working on it not as easy as I thought..

22. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #147 kraftwerk, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Harsh! :D

24. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm shocked that you would post such a tasteless image.

Very funny though :D

25. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yeh right...;)

How come you and John keep changing avatars, together at the same time, you'll have folk talking..;)