Can we name Names now ? Its time. | FerrariChat

Can we name Names now ? Its time.

Discussion in 'F1' started by LightGuy, Nov 15, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    If your logging onto Ferrarichat, F1 forums, and dont know the season results by now but expect not to see them.
    I say woe be onto you.

2. Scuderia P1

Scuderia P1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    Excuse me but I see no reason to cater to complete morons. I see no reason to have "spoilers" at all. If you don't want to know race results for Ferrari, don't log on to a "Ferrari" chat. DUH

3. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    +100000000000000000000000000000
    It is really sad that it is done on here. You can even get on Ferrarichat and just don't go to the F1 section. It is not like it is the first thing that pops out when you log in on f-chat.

4. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    Seeing as how when you log on to Fchat, the summary page lists a hot post from each area, it'd be easy for a title to pop up like 'Webber WINS!'. So, the only way to avoid it altogether would be to not logon at all.

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    That is correct, Sir.

Some people work for a living . . . including Sundays and Mondays, during the race. For instance, my day usually starts going full-tilt boogie at 5 AM, but, has been starting at 3 AM due to medical issue which required multiple visits to Doctor and therefore, a need to schedule at times convenient to all parties.

When busy people are off, we don't come hobbling home, as there are other things to do, and once there, we're tired. In my case, there is no joy in watching race and catnapping, so body can body can slightly recuperate from chronic pain and brain cells can recuperate from analyzing, tabulating, correcting and verifying rather large figures to the nth degree, so as to meet more regulatory compliance than the feeble-minded can fathom. I'll watch it when the windmills of my mind aren't so splintery.

Further to the example, I was only off Monday last week and this week, as I was working 42 of the previous 45 days, despite Medical issue. Because, and only because of the true spoilers, whom I call bedwetters, I made damn sure I didn't log on and watched this season's closer on Sunday, after relatives who had stayed overnight left.

However, under normal circumstances, I wouldn't watch race until Tuesday. I'm sure I'm not alone, and that there are those souls who, for a slew of reasons won't see race until Wednesday. Don't soak their sheets.

6. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Its a simple courtesy that is no big burden.

7. zaevor2000

zaevor2000 Formula 3

Jul 18, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Frank Waugh
    Lightguy does raise a valid point for a limited spoiler period as do others...

Would a valid time frame be say maybe the following Wednesday or maybe the following Friday?

Food for thought...

Frank

8. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

It's not exactly difficult to come up with a thread title that doesn't screw it up for others.

Not having spoilers in titles takes *nothing* away from "the experience".

I simply don't understand where the problem is. Them's the rules - Don't like it? Please go elsewhere. Thankyou.

Cheers.
    Ian

9. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Someone wants the pride and joy of being able to post who won what first

10. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Go ahead. Post. Just not in the title.

11. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Indeed. And that someone is very welcome to do so. Just don't put it in the title!

"Somebody wins the WDC" is just as descriptive as "<name here> wins the WDC".

12. Scuderia P1

Scuderia P1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti

So, your point is DON'T LOG ON correct ? So you're busy, who isn't these days, the "spoiler" thing is idiotic and caters to the idiots who are stupid enough to log on to a Ferrari site when they haven't seen the race result, period.

The real fans watch the race LIVE, regardless of how it fits in with your schedule, and if taping is nessassary then would watch Sunday afternoon or Evening at the latest. Anyone dumb enough to "spoil" their day by learning race results by "accident" when logging on here deserves it 100 percent so why cater to the 1 out of 1000 who are that lame ?

13. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Beat ya to it!
    Ya owe me a beer :D

14. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Not his point at all - He should be free to visit the site without fear of some MORON disobeying the rules. There's a lot more here than the F1 section that many of us like to peruse - It would be nice to be able to do so without worrying that some IDIOT is incapable of coming up with a thread title that's OK.

We beg to differ. [and disobey the rules at your peril.]

I absolutely fail to see the difficulty of coming up with a non-spoiler title. Unless you're a moron of course.

Cheers,
    Ian

15. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Actually it caters to those who prefer not to see something that spoils the race results for them. Some of these folks might be "stupid enough to log on to a Ferrari site when they haven't seen the race result" but they might be nice enough to tolerate the idiots who make posts like yours. I suspect you had a touch too much caffeine before you made your post?

16. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Sounds like someone deserves a "Doesn't play well with others" note pinned to his coat.

17. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Can I get to "pin" him?

18. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    You want to go steady with him?
    I'm so confused.

19. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    LOL okay, make that "install the pin that says 'I don't play well with others'"

20. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I wasn't sure the reference was current;)

21. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I like Frank's idea, the spoiler period should end by that following Wednesday, 5 PM EDT. Or something like that.

22. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    How about the start of the following race as the last point at which the spoiler rule would apply.

23. brunner

brunner Karting

May 3, 2004
    Romania
    Full Name:
    C. Salagean
    You know, the forum software could be modified so the F1 threads dont show on the frontpage...

24. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #24 wax, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For 6 1/2 years, We've had standing, published policy to not post Spoilers in Thread Titles. That's a Buddy System.

Methinks a 72 Hour Moratorium from conclusion of race.

We've got loads of members who travel domestically and internationally on business. As they've got further business to settle upon arrival at next destination, which may not be home, they do not go straight home and watch recordings which are preserved as if "LIVE" and are watched as such, sans commercials. They do, however, log on to F-Chat, because it is their home away from home.

Logic of Bedwetter/Spoilers;

Wedding Night
    Interior - Bedroom

BRIDE
    I've been waiting my whole life for this, Bunny-muffins.

GROOM
    Me, too, Muffin-bunnies.

BRIDE
    I'm going to slip into something a little more comfortable.

GROOM
    I can't wait! [Unbuttons, unsnaps, unbuckles, unzips, unfurls Wedding Outfits]

BRIDE
    Tee-hee [Retreats to dressing area of Honeymoon Suite]

GROOM
    [Masturbates furiously]

BRIDE
    Ready or not, here I come, Bunny-muffins!

GROOM
    Me, too Muff*uhn*-b*uhnn*ies! [Comes like a Wildcat] ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

BRIDE
    I blame myself.

[Repeat anticipation/immediate gratification/disappointment coupled with self-blame for next two days]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. BBL

BBL Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2006
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I see it completely the other way around. As a site populated by Ferrari enthusiasts and racing enthusiasts, I would expect this to be the one place more than any other where no one would post a race result in a thread title, out of respect for one's fellow enthusiasts.