Did you get a model GTO with your car? | FerrariChat

Did you get a model GTO with your car?

Discussion in '612/599' started by Trax, Nov 18, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    With my 458 Ferrari sent through the scale model of the car
    I thought Ferrari were doing the models with all new cars, has mine gone missing in the mail?

2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Sometimes those things show up months after the fact.

3. LarryB4134

LarryB4134 Rookie

Oct 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Larry Bowling
    #3 LarryB4134, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
    The original plan with the models was to give each buyer a preview of the car that they had ordered. They would send the Model about 2 weeks before the vehicle was to be delivered accurate to most details and mounted on a swatch of the interior leather.

But, as most here can attest...It doesn't seem to work that way. The modelers seem to always be behind and in most cases the model sheet isnt even shipped to the modelers until after the vehicle has been delivered to the client. It has become more of an afterthought now. It's still a nice item to put on the shelf, but the idea was great just bad execution on Ferrari's part.

We commonly get the model about a month or more after delivery and ship it direct to each client upon arrival. So...hang in there it will be there just may take a bit. =)

4. shawminator

shawminator Karting

May 16, 2008
    Austin
    The custom model for my California arrived about 5 months after I had taken possession. It's a cool gift, although I wish it were on a larger scale. It's only about 3" long!

5. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

The fact that I have bought all cars in the secondary market makes this whole discussion new to me.

6. fonzie

fonzie Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Andrea
    I have been told that the GTO owners will not receive a scale model of their cars but instead a small metallic sculpture of the GTO. They told that mine is arrived at the dealer but did not have time to pick it up.

7. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    #7 M-individual, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    That is correct. I've received mine two months ago and it looks very nice. It comes with a DVD showing how it was made. It's a model of the 599 GTO placed on a sort of stand. The model itself (scale 1/43) is made of bronze. I'll post a picture of it when I get the chance ...

8. pterps

pterps F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2006
    Netherlands, Zwolle
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #8 pterps, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. pterps

pterps F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2006
    Netherlands, Zwolle