458 Italia at the Port | FerrariChat

458 Italia at the Port

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by woody byrd, Nov 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    Hi Guys,
    The ETA on my car was to arrive Port of New Jersey Nov 3. That means today is two weeks and it has not been delivered to FCI at Greensboro, NC. yet. Does anybody know how long it usually takes to get from the Port to the Dealer? I am like a 15 year old waiting to turn 16 so I can get my drivers license. I want my car!

2. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Are you saying your car was "scheduled" to arrive on Nov 3 or it did arrive on Nov 3?

3. LarryB4134

LarryB4134 Rookie

Oct 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Larry Bowling
    Once the car reaches Port they have to completely recheck the entire car and touch up any transit damage that may have occurred, As a general rule We tell clients that once you get the email that the vehicle is at port it can take up to 3 weeks to hit status 90(released to ground transport) then about 2 weeks to delivery day. Although, it is worth mentioning that the last several we have received have been in port less that 3 weeks and we have delivered them in less than 4weeks since hitting american soil.

4. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    my 458 hit the port on Nov 2nd and arrived this Am in Portland OR 2900 mi from FNA in N.J.

5. woody byrd

Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    Thank you very much for the info. I guess it moves a little slower than I wish it would.
    Regards,

6. woody byrd

Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    Happy Days! The car arrived 11-18 at dealer. I will have it tomorrow.

7. PHC1

PHC1 Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2007
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Serge
    Congrats!

8. LarryB4134

LarryB4134 Rookie

Oct 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Larry Bowling
    Gratz Woody.

9. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Congrats Woody! Looking forward to seeing pics mate! :):)

10. jackson

jackson Karting

Dec 3, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Jack McCausland
    congratulations Woody! can't wait to see it / hear it - we'll have beautiful weather this weekend...

11. Street&Track

Street&Track Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    #11 Street&Track, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
    Larry,

Out of curiosity and I know there is nothing cast in stone when it comes to building and delivering a new Ferrari but in general can you give us here in the States a time line from build date to ship date to port arrival. You seem to have estimated from port to delivery quite well and accurately I might add.

So say a customer has a January build allocation, assuming that they start production on the 10th or whatever day it is. Is there a set day of the month for a build or is it just luck of the draw? How long on average start to finish is the building process of a new 458 and then getting it to a container ship?

Approximeately how long on average to get by ship to US port of entry.

Not going to hold you to any of this but it would be of benefit to some of us if we had some kind of idea from build month to delivery of the car at our home dealership.

Oh and Congrats Woody the wait is over for you, enjoy:)

12. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Woody, your car is BEAUTIFUL! :D

13. Jati

Jati Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Florida & NC
    Full Name:
    Joe G.
    You forgot to tell him that it drives really well also....Especially at 150+ MPH. :)

J