Ferrari as a Family car | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari as a Family car

Discussion in '308/328' started by MotoMeccanica, Jan 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fgcfire8

fgcfire8 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2008
    Montpelier Va
    Full Name:
    Frank Castelvecchi
    Mondial was marketed as such

2. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    348 spider I think would do it for you. :D Hello Rod :)

3. BAturb

BAturb Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I have an 85 Mondial QV, I also have a wife and 2 kids, Im 6'2" and my kids are boy 9 and daughter 14, we all fit in the Mondial very comfatable, I would deffinately recomend a Mondial for your family

4. chris_columbia

chris_columbia Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2008
    Columbia MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #54 chris_columbia, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I completely disagree. If you want a 308/mondial/whatever, just get it. Life is short and there is absolutely no practical reason to get a Ferrari. Now, if you are just barely able to afford a 308/mondial and you are having a kid, than no way should you get one. But, if you have a lot of extra money than go ahead. My wife and I got our 308QV one month after getting pregnant, and now we have 2 kids. When my wife was staying home with the younger one, I drove the older one to daycare at least once a week in the QV, on the way to work. So, you can use it with kid(s). The modial is more practical, but we always wanted a 308. When I showed my wife a picture of the mondial as a possible alternative to the 308, she said no way.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Mondials are a little tight with car seats, but the kids love it!

6. rtking

rtking Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bob King
    I used have a Mondial...primarily because I wanted to be able to take the family out. The Mondial did that fine when the family wanted to join me on an outing. But usually I drove her by myself since a SUV is a better family car. I have to admit that the room in the Mondial was good, seating position comfortable, and the car was (dare I say) practical. I miss that car.

7. MarkJ

MarkJ Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2006
    NW Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jones
    Wisdom speaks.

8. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    Exactly my situation....I gave up on the four seater excuse and got a 328...I do miss the GT4 however

9. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    #59 FastFreddie, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The 328 is a GREAT family car! The argument with the wife is simple since we have 4 kids. We can not fit them in any car, and I refuse to drive a bus! So we might as well have a Ferrari. Every saturday morning if it isn't raining, me and the youngest one go for a ride!
    Actually I have a good "family enthusiast car" in a Maserati QP from -96. Actually a lot of space in the back seat.