Any central Ms/Al deer hunters? | FerrariChat

Any central Ms/Al deer hunters?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Dave328, Feb 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    First of all, sorry for the NFC. :)

Any of you guys in the central Ms/Al border (specifically Columbus Ms) area hunt deer? Ther reason I ask is we just inherited 100 acres of wooded land (Roughly 3 acres across by 33 or so acres deep) in Lamar County Al near Vernon (about 5 miles on Al side of border from Columbus) and were considering leasing it out for hunting since the area is known for BIG deer. New Orleans is a bit of a drive for repeated trips to check on the land etc so we thought this would be a good idea. If you are interested or know somebody who may be, you can reply here or email me at [email protected] .

Thanks,
    Dave

2. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    While I am not, I know quite a few. I will pass this along to them.

You get double bonus points for knowing where Columbus is.

I love the license plate. I almost went with JAX as my username.

3. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    And you get bonus points for knowing the significance of Jax!! LOL! My grandfather worked for Falstaff, which competed with Jax, after WW2. And believe it or not, that is the plate I was issued, not a vanity. Just luck of the draw I guess. ;)

Dave

4. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    Many years ago (and when I say many I mean many) my family used to own a restaurant there in New Orleans.

Pete's Place on Magazine & Napoleon

5. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hey Robert,(or any other of my other Southern brothers)
    Kinda related to the hunting lease question.Do you know of any and can you recommend any Real Estate attorneys in Ms and Al? An Atty in Columbus who can practice in Al as well would be perfect! We also got 2 acres in Pearlington, Ms and we just want to make sure title to both properties goes into our names.

Thanks!
    Dave

6. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I'll be going turkey hunting in 2 weeks near Selma--if that counts

7. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman

I know a ton of lawyers. I will ask around and PM you with my recommendations.

I may be Tuesday before I get back to you.

8. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks Robert!! You Da Man! There is no hurry. We just need somebody who does successions and estate/inheritance stuff and would rather use a referral than just blindly picking out of the phone book.

Thanks again!
    Dave