I voided my warrantee (again) | FerrariChat

I voided my warrantee (again)

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by AEHaas, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    I can now report the results of my 550 mile service on the Murcielago having driven for another hundred or so miles since. I put the spec'd Agip LSA gear lube in the front and rear differential but instead I used the SA, non slip, no limited slip additive gear lube in the gear box. It does shift easier as one would expect since the synchos must slip just a little less.

Instead of the 5W-40 Agip for engine oil I used 0W-30 Mobil 1. Here there was a big difference right off the bat (no pun intended). I had a valve noise that signified a spacer may be a little thin. Of course it is better to be a little thin than a little too thick but there was this noise and I did not like it. The tappet noise nearly disappeared. I would say the engine is near silent, mechanically.

It was not that easy to do this first service. It was a 4/5 wrench project. It will be easier the next time. I do not recommend this service unless you have a lot of auto mechanical experience. Experience is the key word.

aehaas

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i love the the car man, sorry to be redundant but WAY TO GO!

3. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com