credit cards in Italy | Page 2 | FerrariChat

credit cards in Italy

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tongascrew, Dec 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pamparius

pamparius Formula Junior

May 16, 2007
    germany
    :D:D:D i love this thread.

wow, just wow.

2. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    So she definitely went to Anzio - and with someone else than her husband. And thanks to you the whole world knows it now.

Best wishes, Kare

3. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "You live in the country that has the highest incidence in the developed world, by far, of violent and non-violent crime, as well as the highest percentage, by far, of incarcerated population, and you have the gall to warn travelers to be extra careful whenever they leave your hallowed and sacred grounds... Sheeeesh...."

Yes, but we also have the finest elected officials in the world. And we are willing to send them all to you, gratis, a favor from our mighty empire.

Edit - we would accept your vintage cars as a gesture of gratitude.

4. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #29 geno berns, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
    Tonga-

Stop being a drama queen. Julio was making a joke when he talked about your daughter. Hence the smiley face at the end of his sentense... Your comments do seem to be offensive to some and seem of been made with out any foundation, as credit card fraud is a world wide phenomenon. I happen to be Russian. I've noticed quite a few Russians mixed in the credit card/identity fraud crime around the world. I would not immediately conclude that all Russians can't be trusted, right?

Geno.

5. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Geno, you can borrow any of my cars...in the USA.
    Or here.

Regards, Alberto

PS can we can this whole operetta?

6. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
  7. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Someone bought a 365 GTB/4 with my stolen CC info.

8. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Ah that makes the Obama pay off " yes we can" much more realistic. Glad the guy from wikileaks try to uncan the can.
    Love the lack of humor in the US.

Ciao
    Oscar

Ps love this thread, full of useful info

9. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    ROFL! It's a deal! There is NO WAY your elected officials could be worse than ours!!

10. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    On reflection, this whole thread makes sense! Clearly Berlusconi is actually a Russian of American decent who went to Italy on a school trip with some fake credit cards where he not only managed to buy most of Italian TV on Amex, he then got elected president by trumping the election campaign with his illegally earned Amex points (very good that Black card service).

11. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    #36 Matt Andrews, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
    Let me ask - how would this advice have protected your daughter? It wouldn't have. Card spoofing is simple and can happen to anyone. All they need is a modified mag stripe reader. Happens in the US as well as abroad.

Considering this discussion, it is ironic that Eurpoeans are actually more progressive when it comes to protecting consumers from credit card fraud. for example, mobile or table side credit card transactions are common place in restaurants in europe. Your credit card never leaves your sight. This is only now starting to be piloted by restaurants in the US. In the US, credit cards don't require a pin code at all, not so in europe.

Americans might be targeted more than locals when in europe, but that's because we're so easy to pick out as being in unfamiliar places. Try and fit in when you go. Don't wear tennis shoes, baseball caps, and t shirts, and try to be less than 20% over wieght. :p

<all said in jest. sorry for continuing this thread that was in the wrong forum to begin with...>

12. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Dictators are clearly a better choice...
    Next time, choose wisely.

Regards, Alberto

13. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    I am truely sorry you feel this way.You seem to be quite alone in your opinions and I will not follow you down this path.just one man's opinion tongascrew

14. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Lol.

15. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    All of you noticed that the thread was in the wrong forum, yet no one bothered to hit the "!" button to let a moderator know. We don't read every thread. If something is amiss, please let us know instead of posting about it in the thread. Thanks.

Thread moved.

16. odin

odin Karting

Nov 22, 2007
    he isn't, one day you might wake up.

17. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Can you not read? Can you really not comprehend that you have been offensive, and that you have made an absolute fool of yourself?

18. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    As I was the first person to challenge you could you clarify how Julio is 'quite alone' please ?

19. bigdavyc

bigdavyc Karting

Feb 28, 2010
    Tallahassee, FL
    Just out of curiosity was it one of those cards with paypass or similar technology where you can just wave the card over a sensor? Supposedly someone can steal the cards information while its still in your pocket/wallet/purse.

I try to check my credit card info at least once a week.

20. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    My thread was intended to give a little advice to those who participate in F Chat and might be going to Europe to take in the M.M., T F., The Galleria, The Nuvolari museum etc etc. with the hope of helping them to enjoy their trip while taking in VINTAGE car events. Again I had no intention of upsetting Mr Batista or anyone else. You can all breath a little easier as I shall not go "off topic" again on F Chat. just one man's opinion tongascrew

21. Reddol

Reddol Karting

Jun 10, 2007
    Italy
  22. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Interesting question. All I can say for sure is that the transaction in Anzio shows the card was "swiped" there at the store in question. This would appear to indicate that a fake card had been created. Am I correct?? just one man's opinion tongascrew

23. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I don't imagine that there is any chance the vender was in on the scam. Is there?

24. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Sounds like the moral of the story is use an alternative CC? They will fully reimburse so if you use an alternative card you don't have to go through the hassle of setting up everything with a new card on the card you use frequently.