Scottsdale Cars & Coffee 12/4/10 NEW TIME | FerrariChat

Scottsdale Cars & Coffee 12/4/10 NEW TIME

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by LP400S, Nov 26, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    We will be having our first Saturday of the month Scottsdale Cars & Coffee this coming Saturday December 4th. Please note the NEW WINTER start time is 9:00AM. As usual we'll gather at the Shops at Gainey Village located on the southeast corner of Scottsdale & Doubletree Ranch Rd. This is an informal gathering of auto enthusiasts and all makes of vehicles are invited. Weather should be fantastic! This event is brought to you by http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scuder...59339130752249. Click "like" to stay up on things.

TO THOSE FEW THAT FEEL THEY HAVE TO TRY AND SHOW OFF BY DOING BURN OUTS OR RECKLESS DRIVING. THIS IS ABOUT ENTHUSIASTS GETTING TOGETHER AND ENJOYING EACH OTHERS CARS AND COMPANY. NOBODY IS IMPRESSED BY THE SPEED OF YOUR CAR. IF YOU FEEL YOU CAN'T COMPLY TO THIS SIMPLE REQUEST DO NOT ATTEND.

2. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM

3. laboss1

laboss1 Rookie

Jan 4, 2008
    central phx
    Full Name:
    Bob Labossiere
    sounds good to me!

4. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    #4 nerd, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
    Guys, Crystal Cove was one of the greatest weekly gatherings of car enthusiasts in the country and it was spoiled by bozos screeching tires and racing into and out of the site. We meet on private property and are guests of The Shops of Gainey Village and it will only take one scared or pissed-off retailer and we're history. We also have concerns about attendees setting-up shop for advertising and retails sales on the site. Please help us keep this event safe and fun for everyone!

Not sure why the Facebook link won't work for me, might try this one: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scuderia-Southwest/159339130752249

5. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    Totally Agree!!!

6. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    I don't think the main offender checks Ferrari Chat. Z06 forum is more likely the place. Maybe somebody should go up to him in his hideous cartoon of a Vette and let him know it's completely unacceptable. Let him know if he continues to act like a juvenile he won’t be allowed to hang out with the nice kids. Not sure how to prevent him from parking though as it’s not our property. Maybe security could do something about it, but as soon as we make it “their problem” they might just kick us all out.

Better yet maybe I should mention it to some of my friends in the Scottsdale P.D. and they will set up a speed traps and/or increase presence in the area. Now, that might cause some of us unnecessary harassment and put us in a negative light altogether. Tough call but the way I see it, is it will not be long before we will be looking for a new home if this type of hot rodding B.S. isn’t dealt with.

It’s really sad when adults can’t control their behavior.

7. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Happy to see the new time, will make it out.

To the Corvette owner, someone needs to say something to him/her, and tell them to knock it off.

As LP400S stated:

TO THOSE FEW THAT FEEL THEY HAVE TO TRY AND SHOW OFF BY DOING BURN OUTS OR RECKLESS DRIVING. THIS IS ABOUT ENTHUSIASTS GETTING TOGETHER AND ENJOYING EACH OTHERS CARS AND COMPANY. NOBODY IS IMPRESSED BY THE SPEED OF YOUR CAR. IF YOU FEEL YOU CAN'T COMPLY TO THIS SIMPLE REQUEST DO NOT ATTEND.

8. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I will have no problem having a chat with the 'bozo brigade', as well as the people who are trying to set up vendor areas.

We are very fortunate to have such a nice venue, and I really don't want to lose it.

9. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    We've really struggled with various solutions to the "one person spoiling it for everyone" problem. We're hoping that a culture of safety and fun will prevail and that peer pressure will work. As with our annual Windgate Ranch Festival of Speed, Scuderia Southwest has taken a very strong position in welcoming and supporting our regional law enforcement and fire fighters. To that end, they are ALWAYS welcome to drop by!

10. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    IIRC a Ferrari 430 16M was causing problems at the Cars & Coffee over there a few months back. And again, IIRC, they spoke to him. When I went, they had a police presence monitoring people leaving. Hate to see that happen here as we are all adults.

11. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    It really doesn't matter what type of car someone drives weather its a Corvette, Ferrari, Lambo, etc.. It's not the car that makes the man but the other way around. I have seen plenty of jerks driving all kinds of cars.

On the bright side this is ONE isolated incident in how many years out of thousands of cars that have attended. Let's nip this in the bud and have a talk to the guy if we see him. He might be a nice person who regrets his mistake and maybe learns from it.

12. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    #12 Dogdish, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
    Little bit of peer pressure goes a long ways

Bill

13. Kyoso_Joey

Kyoso_Joey Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    anyone down to get some lunch after C&C?

14. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    Something needs to be done. I don't want to be sitting at that light and have someone peel out of there and stuff their (insert high HP car make here) into the rear of my car. I often have my son with me @ C&C. I feel that a single person should approach any known offenders and relay the concern. We don't want anyone to feel like it's an intervention. That is usually enough, with adults at least.

Currently, we all know who should be spoken to. (main offender at least). Might not be a bad idea to have that video on hand via iPad, iPhone or other....The smoking gun might have more effect. That video scared the heck out of me.

As cool as some of the videos are, I think just having people out there taking pictures and video somewhat eggs people on as well. But it all boils down to being a responsible person I guess.

I would hate to see us loose this venue. Yes, other venues are out there, but once you get the boot once, it's hard to get another place due to that big black eye.

Just sayin'.

15. carlissimo

carlissimo Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    I hear that a Tessla is going to be there Saturday. Should be interesting....

16. BlahBlah221

BlahBlah221 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Jake
    On the lighter side of things, weather should be nice

17. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Maybe, look for a short Asian kid :p

Yeah, seriously, I was born in the north, but I've lived in the south long enough to acclimate to the nice warm weather. :D

18. Kyoso_Joey

Kyoso_Joey Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    Sounds good! Anyone else possibly down to go eat? Oh and I'm a short Hispanic kid lol

19. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    What an amazing turn out today! Kudos to everyone for coming and for keeping it going straight, with no tire smoke on leaving!

Now where are those pics of my 'lowly CS'? :D

Jeff...... that doesn't look like wife with that 458. ;)

20. harris007

harris007 Karting

Jul 3, 2010
    Great turn out today Im glad I showed up to this jam packed event. Beautiful day with beautiful cars. I wasn't aware of when the event would end so I left a bit early. I now regret not seeing all the stunning cars leave. But overall, it was nice today

21. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Sorry, Dino. Didn't get any of your CS. Don't know who that was with the 458! :)

22. darthenzo

darthenzo Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Glendale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    James
    It was awesome seeing all the beautiful cars. It was more amazing meeting a few of the people I have "met" on Ferrarichat. CopterJohn, your car is amazing. I love the bigger brakes. Thank you all for bringing out the stallions. I will have to show up earlier as I think I missed most of the cars by showing up at almost 11:00. See you all next time.

23. darthenzo

darthenzo Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Glendale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    James
    Hey, I think that your car is beautiful without the stripes. Almost a sleeper car. Thank you for bringing it.

24. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    What a show, nice packed lot, amazing amazing cars, had lots of fun. Good to meet you Joey. Lots of fun today, probably way way more than that.

Thanks everyone for bringing their cars out.