Anyone know of a car storage facility in Charlotte area? | FerrariChat

Anyone know of a car storage facility in Charlotte area?

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by WBFerrari360, Dec 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WBFerrari360

WBFerrari360 Karting

Apr 25, 2008
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    William
    All--I am looking for a climate controlled (meaning warmer than the current below freezing temps) place to store the 360 for a few months. I live in Charlotte. Reason being, currently I live in a condo with a parking deck in the middle (condos surround the deck) with no electic outlets anywhere.

I get worried with it being cold that it may effect the gaskets and run the battery down (don;t know what I would do if I cannot get the car cranked as a tow truck would not fit in the deck--I do park it in Neutral for that reason)

Anyway, just seeing if anyone knows of a garage space or facility that can store a car here in the Charlotte area.

Thanks!

2. Cheetah

Cheetah Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I believe Holman & Moody has storage...not positive though as I haven't visited in years.
    Here's their contact # (704)583-2888

3. Schumi76

Schumi76 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marco
    #3 Schumi76, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
    Do you just want to store the car there for few months ?? And do you need to have excess to your car at all time ???

4. Jay

Jay Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Jay
  5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
  6. Impervious

Impervious Karting

Sep 20, 2010
    I'll hold it for you... =)

7. WBFerrari360

WBFerrari360 Karting

Apr 25, 2008
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    William
    Thanks for the suggestions! David--Jarod and Sean have done great work the 360 and I enjoy swinging by their facility and catching up with them. Jarod did mention storage about a year ago but a gentleman was looking to lease that section of the building for his own collection--I will follow up with them and see if that fell through or if they have a slot.

Jay--great to hear from you! I hope to see you Saturday.

I will check out the other options mentioned.

Here's my deal: l want a safe climate controlled area with a plug so I can use my factory tender to keep the battery maintained. The car now is fully enclosed but it is in a secure deck and I just feel for the winter deserves a warmer spot with tender access as my current deck does not have outlets.

Looking just for the next few months and I would like to have access to it. A hose pipe would be nice as currently, I have to have it washed about every two weeks by my great detailer Brian at Exclusive Detail but it would be enjoyable to be able to wash it myself.

Appreciate all the feedback! Hope to see/meet all of you that I do not know soon!

Best,
    William

8. AutobahnA8

AutobahnA8 Rookie

Jan 23, 2011
    we're also uptown and have a similar issue as our deck isn't secure. luckily we have a warehouse to store the toys. i know the owner of GMP Performance - they offer car storage. i think there is a "storage" link at the bottom right of their main web page.