Islero thread | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Islero thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Marcello, Feb 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P400

P400 Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2005
    east coast
    Full Name:
    Craig
    #701 P400, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
    Olivier, i see your rear shock picture from last year (post 355). red/orange body & lower eye with copper shroud & upper eye.
    Do you have a similar photo of the front set?
    Do you have the stamped part number and manufacture date from each Armstrong? It it found on the red body (similar to Koni stampings)
    thank you
    Craig

2. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Graig,
    unfortunately not...finally I didn't keep them and replaced by : http://www.intraxracing.nl/?lang=EN

3. Marcello

Marcello Formula 3

Sep 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marcel Wallenburg
    #703 Marcello, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
    Hi there,

#6006 was delivered 3 April, not 4, and fitted with engine #1727 (confirmed with owner), not #1717.
    Did you read #1717 somewhere? could be interesting..
    And I do not believe that #6009 was a prototype, one of the first three bodies is correct.
    What could be so special about #6009 that it can be described as not production car?

Ciao!
    Marcel

4. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ingrid & Paolo confirmed me the 3 first Islero were prototypes because many items were used before definitive production sequence and production process were updated. Also the 1st ever order batch to Marazzi includes only 3 bodies, the 3 first listed below, last comment is about the Press article written about #6009 by José Rosinski in Sport Auto who confirmed also it was the 3rd produced and still a prototype, a pre production model (written in 1st paragraph).

Last point about #6006, it is well confirmed it is only the 4th to have been produced and to be the 1st car in the 2nd order batch to Marazzi.

To conclude, I don't know from where you have your informations Marcel and it will be interesting to compare, but mine is more than clear, I copied it one week ago directly from the list Ingrid Pussich commented me...
    as I'm going back to factory for the whole week 49, if you have any doubt let me know directly on my email !

5. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Press article about #6009 by José Rosinski in Sport Auto was published in July 1968 but written after 3 days of test drive by the end of April, so less than a month after it was delivered to VPM (26/03/1968). Rosinski complained about front brakes blocking under hard used.

Then, Mr. Lamy-VPM boss asked Edmond Ciclet-chief mechanic to have a ride in order to identify the cause. Ciclet hitted the armaco badly by the end of June. The car must have been ready for the Paris exhibition in October. The accident was so bad that the all front was cutted and Ciclet did the trip without lights to Sant'Agata last week of August after holidays. He spent 3 weeks in Italy to have it repaired. #6009 went back to Marazzi to be fixed. It was not possible to adapt a production nose and just welded it. A specific one has been produced in emergency confirming one more time that the body panels were not standard on the 3 first Islero produced, everything was standardised starting on #6006.

Again, my witnesses have a very good memory and the factory file speaks by itself...

6. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  7. flxzcat

flxzcat Karting

Sep 16, 2008
    lake forest, ca.
    Full Name:
    paul van der linden
    #707 flxzcat, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My good friend John Clark sent me this beautiful image if his ex-Swiss Islero while out on a drive in the SF Bay area.

Sweeeeeet!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Very nice GTS... I liked driving around SF about 20 years ago... which VIN is it ?

9. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    I suppose this one:
    6531 1969 50179 Red Brown Sold by Garages Foitek to Garage W. Ruf AG, later owned by Craig Davis of California, USA, recently sold to unknown buyer

10. flxzcat

flxzcat Karting

Sep 16, 2008
    lake forest, ca.
    Full Name:
    paul van der linden
    John will need to chime in, I've never been one to memorize vin's.

Current color is very Midnight Blue although it appears black in the cell phone photo.

Paul

11. fabone

fabone Karting

Mar 9, 2007
    Paris (F)
    #711 fabone, Dec 9, 2010
    Hi,
    I've seen #6006 in april last year. At least, VIN plate states 1727 but I was not able to check if there was a stamp between cylinders

12. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    very nice car!

13. flxzcat

flxzcat Karting

Sep 16, 2008
    lake forest, ca.
    Full Name:
    paul van der linden
    From John, "#6489, the former Peters Collection car, from Belgium"

Cheers,
    Paul

14. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Interesting, that car has also a swiss history:
    6489 1969 50161 Gold Mustard Sold by Grand Garages des Nations(Geneva), Now in the Netherlands repainted in very dark Lancia Blue

15. jonack

jonack Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2007
    Berkeley, California
    Full Name:
    J. Clark
    #6489 came to the US around '05-'06, imported to Mendocino, California. I purchased the car in the summer of '07. Car was painted Lancia Blue by Peters. The Peters people claim the car was retrimed in Switzerland. There is evidence of earlier mechanical having been done, but to what extent I can't prove.
    When I purchased the car it needed many little fixes and some slightly more complex fixes as well. Basically the car needed complete sorting out to make it a good solid runner. The first year and a half, of my tenure, the car spent most of that time in two different local repair shops, Dino motors in San Mateo, CA, ended up doing the most of the work.
    I use the car once a month or so, a few local rally's, and Monterey week festivities.
    Fun drives on days off, that sort of stuff... it's fun to drive.
    If you have any further info on the Swiss ownership I'd appreciate hearing about it. I have the name of the last swiss owner, she sold the car toward the end of the nineties, the car went to a dealer at that time, he sold it to a dealer, etc, etc, then the Peters people got a hold of it..

16. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Olivier: PM'd you about this.

Alberto

17. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Olivier: PM'd you about this.

Alberto

18. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Are you talking about Peter Mar...?
    That last swiss owner is interesting for me, I have pictures of Marcel de Lange from Viva Italia 2002 in Holland if you don't have these pictures already.
    you can contact me off forum through info(at)lamborghiniregistry.ch

19. jonack

jonack Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2007
    Berkeley, California
    Full Name:
    J. Clark
    #719 jonack, Dec 10, 2010
    Sorry, I spelled his name wrong :(, the fellows Name is Friso Peeters of Peeters exclusive Cars @ http://www.peetersexclusivecars.com/ I'm sure you know of these guys. You know I attempted to join the registry last year(?) but the pay pal didn't work.... I'll try again, love to support what you are doing. And Yes, I would like any pictures of my car...
    thanks-

20. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ohhh yes, I know well Friso Peeters... I bought my Jarama GTS #10528 from him and a friend of mine bought his 400 GT 2+2 there but he was disappointed due to several problems... (that's a story that doesn't concern me).

21. Marcello

Marcello Formula 3

Sep 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marcel Wallenburg
    I think the source is eventually the same, except I can read...;-)
    But it is all very interesting and very nice they help you with info Olivier, hopefully we can learn some more about it.
    Ciao!
    Marcello

22. Marcello

Marcello Formula 3

Sep 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marcel Wallenburg
    #722 Marcello, Dec 10, 2010
    Yes, this is a well known and very active Islero owner. I was in hot pursuit with my Audi
    earlier this year on our way to a car event and took some shots while driving at the same time ;-)

23. Marcello

Marcello Formula 3

Sep 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marcel Wallenburg
    Merci for the confirmation. engine# 1727 corresponds with the factory records. It is VERY difficult to check an engine number between the cam covers. First you don't want to lean over the car too much, and often the waterpipe will cover the number, so you can not read it at all.

Au revoir!
    Marcel

24. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    At Islero meeting, owner told me that he will keep it for many years...

How can he sell it 5 months later ?

Unfortunatelly I cannot afford all the good cars...for sure this example is a very good one that I recommend to any of us !

25. Marcello

Marcello Formula 3

Sep 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marcel Wallenburg
    #725 Marcello, Dec 10, 2010
    Hi John, Here are two pictures I took of your car when owned by Peeters here in The Netherlands. Car event called Viva Italia, held at the famous motorrace track TT Assen, July 2002. I just love the Borrani wire wheels on this car! Too bad it left Holland, but fortunatly we still have a few Islero's left here.

Ciao!
    Marcel