Stolen lambo | FerrariChat

Stolen lambo

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by coledoggy, Nov 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
  2. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Wal Mart plus Lambo is a bad combo.

I had to have my wife run into wal mart once while in the F-car. Creeped me out. I'll shop there with my Mazda Pickup without issue though.

3. TheBlackMichaelSchumacher

May 23, 2010
    I wouldn't say a bad combo but I've been with my friend in his "00 360 and stoped at Wal-Mart in New Orleans Parked in the back of the parking lot with no problems. Guess it helps when 2 Black males 6'2-6'4 step out.

4. ferrari 512 tr

ferrari 512 tr F1 Rookie

Nov 16, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Paolo
    you were lucky

red necks dont care

5. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    Certainly no champion of the redneck here....but I don't know if there has ever been one named "Jarrekus". Just sayin.

6. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    The problem this owner encountered was not so much that he stooped at *A* walmart, but that he stopped at *THIS* walmart. Todd is not exaggerating when he says you would be safer in Baghdad. Obviously, the Lambo owner was not from the Jackson area or he would have known better.

The clinic I worked at during residency was about a mile from there, so I know the 'hood well. I think I ran in there twice in 4 years, during weekday, daylight hours, and I still felt very unsafe. You had to make sure to "keep you head on a swivel" both while inside and especially in the parking lot.

To give another idea how bad it is, in response to the huge amount of crime at that store, there is a group of very brave, goodhearted men from the area that formed an organization called "angel guards" or something along those lines. They wear matching bright red shirts and volunteer their time to stand outside the doors and walk shoppers to and from their cars during the Holiday season so they don't get robbed or killed in the parking lot. I assume most of them are packing, because the neighborhood thugs have never messed with them as far as I know. How sad is it that people have to have armed security just to make it to and from their cars at a frickin walmart???

7. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    And I don't hear of many rednecks robbing and killing people in parking lots either!

Did you hear about the Belhaven student that was kidnapped and robbed a few weeks ago?

8. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    Oh yeah, great story, for the student anyway.

For those who haven't heard the story, this female student was accosted by a group of black males. Well none of them could drive her car, it was a stick.

This young lady drove them toward her bank to get them some money all while having her life threatened by these upstanding citizens. Well said student decides she's had enough of this game and rear ends a car in front of her.....balls in your court now boys, what you gonna do?

As one can guess, these brave young men ran for the hills. This girl is my heroette!

9. TheBlackMichaelSchumacher

May 23, 2010
    Naw not lucky just a product of my envoriment I kid you not I don't go anyware with out the Gun and yes I have my gun and yes I have my gun licenes not to sound ignorant but there is not way in hell living in America no matter where you live and who you are going to a road trip you need your gun.

And as far a Red Necks you couldn't get a red neck to rob me if you gave him a million dollars and I stand but that a 110%.

10. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    :rolleyes:
    WOW, I really need to pay more attention. In the 40 years of living here, I haven't seen these packs of un-caring "red necks" that like to rob and steal here in New Orleans.

11. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

me either, but maybe he's talking about in MS? I've been held up at gunpoint twice and it wasn't by rednecks.

12. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    For a million dollars I'd rob you in a heartbeat, but only if you were in on it and i pretended my hand was a gun without covering it. I'm not a good crook.

13. dream34

dream34 Karting

May 31, 2005
    New Orleans, La.
    Actually, based on pure statistical data it increases your chances of becoming a victim of violent crime significantly. Sad as it is to say in over 95 % of all shootings and homicides African American males are victimized by other African American males.

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Um, I forgot to say that while in Jackson MS this summer for a Reunion, I saw a black Lambo G on the road...it was north of Downtown, tho......more "Madison" than Jackson.

This guy should have fixed his straps in Madison........:D :D :D

15. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Truer words have never been spoken!

16. Jack & Jones

Jack & Jones Karting

May 9, 2006
    So what happened?

I always keep the dream of moving to the USA in the back of my head but reading that you constantly "have" to carry a gun with you frightens me in a way. People seem too trigger happy, overcautious and even scared. Add a gun to all of this and you end up with a big mess...

17. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    location, location, location.

18. Jack & Jones

Jack & Jones Karting

May 9, 2006
    Yeah I'm aware of that but being held at gun point could easily happen in SF or NY as well. :)

19. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

Nah, don't be that worried. It could happen, but I was walking in areas that I did not feel comfortable walking in. Both times happened with the same friend who insists I'm too skiddish and shouldn't worry so much. I gave them some money and it was done. I don't even own a gun and if I did I sure wouldn't have had it with me either time.

20. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    And what crime free Utopia do you call home now? ;)

We don't "have" to carry guns here. Some, (I), simply choose too. It's not some spooky talisman. Just a tool. Like my car keys or cell phone. I've never been the victim of a violent crime, but intend to defend myself and loved ones if I ever am. Still no "big mess", as you put it. My gun doesn't jump out of my holster and accost little ladies while I'm sitting at a stop light. (At least not that I'm aware of, it is a German pistol so.....;))

21. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

I'd rather live in the city happily with a little bit of risk than bored out of my gord in a neighborhood/city I hate.

22. Jack & Jones

Jack & Jones Karting

May 9, 2006
    Belgium-Europe

Never had any problems here, not even at night. Just depends where you go, of course there are some neighbourhoods you need to avoid but that's not a problem since there is nothing there.

23. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The only place I ever thought I was going to get robbed and killed was Memphis

24. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Jackson is essentially a smaller version of Memphis in that regard. Although in Jackson the bad areas are a bit more delineated. Basically the entire city is a no-go zone except for the northeast one quarter, and even that is dwindling to a few nice pockets within that area. Some of the surrounding suburban areas are very nice indeed, however.

Memphis is more like a checkerboard....bad hood, good hood, bad hood, good hood.

25. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Glad you liked it, I really wanted to go see my maternal Grandmom's old place off Fortification, and Paul Thorn was playing in some club.....I'm not even sure the house is there.....a bummer seeing your childhood memories converted to parking lots..

But it was a good party where I was (Zophie was invited...:D :D) so I just hung on the north side...