Hamilton overtakes | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hamilton overtakes

Discussion in 'F1' started by Phenom, Jan 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    you can add a certain Sebastian Vettel to that list too!.

2. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    So if I understand it correctly, from what you are saying, this a thread in which you are free to say how great Hamilton is but you are not allowed to say that he makes mistakes, some of which are quite elementary, would that be a fair assessment?.

(Hmmm.... I thought this was a democratic forum where everybody was entitled to voice their own opinions be they positive or negative, provided they were not abusive, libelous or mis-representative of the facts in any other way?. Guess I must be wrong!)

3. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    On track they were. They managed to keep it there for the most part.

4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Having grown under the shadow of McLaren from an early age, Lewis Hamilton is a pure product of the Ron Dennis' school of charms. Completely wrapped up in self justification and oozing arrogance from every pore of his body.

A very competitive driver, but not a very attractive personality; just like Ron Dennis was a brilliant team manager, but not much else.

5. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    For Mr Ferrari Phill.

My reply was MS's uncaring feats : meaning on track on the instances you pulled out! So nice try, pulling my quote out of context.. So to summarize I did not label MS a uncaring person full stop, his actions on your examples IMO were.

Telling me to go to a Mclaren forum when you haven't paid up here, I find rather rich.

The fact folk have opposing views adds value to the forum, and I have no problem with that..

Turning every thread into a Hamilton bashing session everytime the guy is mentioned, yes that is a different matter.

Top and bottom of it is you don't like the guy,(as I understand his smugness) and you appear to have great pleasure in denouncing the guy at every opportunity you find.

Pity you didn't take the chance to meet him, you could have unloaded your burden of resentment to his face.

So on that basis I find it rather ..Bizzare.

I think you forget these guys are still young, and a hell of alot of pressure is on them in all ways, yes they get paid serious money so be it, it comes with the job. Kimi I liked, however a PR nightmare, and all teams need cash, like or not Kimi took the p!ss.

6. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Fair enough, your opinion, I hope his disabled brother has not been tarred with the same brush.

7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Who mentioned his disabled brother? He hasn't been part of the McLaren stabble like Lewis has been since his teenage.

It always looked to me during interviews with Ron Dennis, that he just came out of some 'self motivation classes' and needed to repeat his credo ad nauseam.

I see the same trend with Hamilton who seems to have all the answers rehearsed. The guy is heavily coached. It's not him who is talking: he is just delivering quotes from his PR guru behind a fake smile!

What a difference with Raikkonen who was just mumbling or Alonso mostly sulking.

8. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well this is it really PR, told what to say how to act, having his father and his brother around I' am sure he felt assured.

I find it hard to believe he would be arrogant in a chance encounter with him, in fact someone on here has, if I can find the thread I will re bump it.

My point is you appear to realize the difference, what these guys protray PR wise is probably not what they are really about as people, AFAIK Hamilton had humble beginnings his father having 2 jobs to support his racing ect. Until Mr Ron Dennis stepped in.

9. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani

great post. how anyone can deny that hamilton is one of the best in f1 puzzles me. he's IMO the best driver on the grid. his rookie season is still the most memorable f1 season for me. i couldn't believe what i was seeing.

god i cannot wait for f1 to start up again.

10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

True on both accounts.

He only missed the championship in his first season by a hair's breath and was in fact far more convincing that year than when he actually won the title!!

But it's his personality that is questionable!

11. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes however IMO there is a very fine line between confidence and arrogance and he bumps right up against it, and probably doesn't realize it.

Of course this doesn't make him universally popular.

12. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbjRFd205qo[/ame]

13. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Its what happens on the track that counts. The rest is distracting BS

14. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
  15. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

True enough, but that doesn't stop people to form an opinion on the different drivers and prefer some better than others, based on their perceived personality.

Emotions run riot around motor racing (and on this forum), it's not all about stats and results.

17. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Its human nature to create and destroy heroes. A lot of nastiness can be filed under "human nature".
    ;)

18. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    This again I also find puzzling. Every account I've ever heard of people meeting him in real life have nothing but positive things to say! He has to drive aggressively and think he's the best. That's the only way you'll win in f1!

19. Phenom

Phenom Karting

Dec 30, 2009
    Somebody already showcased that despite the thread being called Hamilton Overtakes.

You however showcased how ignorant and downright retarded you are.

20. Phenom

Phenom Karting

Dec 30, 2009
    This thread is called Hamilton Overtakes.

Surely you would know how to read english by now you think?

Or are you miss-interpreting the thread for "let´s discuss Hamilton"?

Stop being so ignorant, if you don´t have anything good to say then stay out of the thread.

21. Phenom

Phenom Karting

Dec 30, 2009
    Do you have facts to back this up or do you simply go by what he tells the media?

22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I express my opinion, based on how the guy appears in public.

Do you have problem with that?

23. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Have you ever met him? I have. He is not the jumped up arrogant obnoxious person you might believe. Remember - the press filters everything to present a certain image of people. Not everything you see is reality. At the end of the day, he is a hard charging driver who takes no prisoners and often produces great overtakes (and some mistakes). Now - that's got to be a good thing. There are others in F1 today that can also do a great job - Alonso and Vettel being the obvious names to mention. This thread isn't saying anything about Hamilton being better than them, it's just saying that he is very entertaining to watch in a race car. No one can argue with that fact.

24. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #49 kraftwerk, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
    Well I can't argue with that.

I suppose I'am trying to justify the angst (for want of a better word) that the name Hamilton conjures up.

As I have stated I take all press releases ect, with a pinch of salt.

Until such a time I experience a first hand encounter with anyone, I would find it rather hard to make any definitive judgement on them.

Same applies on here, you can form a opinion about someone, but to say that is the absolute right one, is laughable at best.

Like yourself, every post I have read where folk have met him, have quoted the contrary to him having or displaying a sense of overbearing selfworth or self importance.

Taking time for photos ect, there is a thread on here somewhere.

I remember Kimi pushing some kid over behind the pit lane, now imagine the uproar if that had been Hamilton. Personally I blame the woman for forcing the issue.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGvoGqB-j_U&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

25. sumbaco

sumbaco Karting

Jun 21, 2008
    My impression is pretty similar to william's. Although, Hamilton seems to be somewhat more self-aware than Mr. Dennis. Hamilton will endear himself by admitting some mistakes, and then go and do something unflattering right after.

They aren't the only ones who do and say unflattering things. Luca di Monti's recent comments about Massa shouldn't have been said in public. Whitmarsh complained too much about Red Bull, Alonso can be a pain, and Marko needs to consult Horner before he speaks in public; he might be higher up the order in the Red Bull organization, but it's Christian's team, and it should be governed by him only, with direct reporting to Mateschitz