Yard House Long Beach Lunch Run | FerrariChat

Yard House Long Beach Lunch Run

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Tipo815, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Byron and I have confirmed a run to the Yard House Restaurant this Sunday the 29th if anyone would like to attend. I have arranged for parking to be blocked off for us. We are leaving O.C. around 9:45am. See the topic titled "Central Meeting Location ..." for further information. The great thing about Long Beach is that it is centrally located between Orange and LA counties. We hope some of the LA members will come meet us. We plan to be at the Yard House (Shoreline Village) around 10:30 to 10:45am. Questions? Call Byron or myself. I can be reached at 949-872-5288. Hope to see all of you there!!

Jeffrey

2. ferrarinascar

ferrarinascar Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hope to join you guys. Will phone you if I can make it.
    Chris

3. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Mike and I are coming, weather permitting. We are going to meet up in Calabassas. I am going to contact some others and try to get them to come down also.

4. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Sounds great Ron! Invite anyone who wants to come - Ferrari or not. The more the merrier!

5. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Ill be there! Ill probably meet you guys in Newport Beach.

6. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    hey hopefully i can make it too, since it would be my first time to really meet u guys.....besides Jordan.

7. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    There may be a film crew present on Sunday to film part of the action and interview some people on what it is like to own a Ferrari and why/how we became enthusiasts.

8. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Ron,
    What film crew? And where?

Byron

9. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I think i'm in. Depending on the weather. Probably with the 288???

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #10 Chiaro_Slag, Feb 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T

You need me to drive your Enzo up for you Big Guy?

12. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Any LA guys going down -- we're trying to meet at Sunset and PCH.

13. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    How long is everyone staying there. I ask because I'm sure I'll be late getting there.(Moving the Mother-in-law out of my house)?

Any one have a cell # they cam PM me with so I can catchn up with the
    group?
    TIA
    Wayne

14. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Congrats!!

lol

15. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Jerry - You coming?

16. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I think so. :)

17. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    hey guys, there's a chance I might be in the LA area, so I might just meet you guys at the Yard House directly. If I'm not at the OC meet by 9:30-9:35....go ahead and leave without me. Jeffrey, I'll call your cell and let you know.

Byron

18. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Byron, its a Chinese channel based in Orange County. I don't know much about them other than the lady who is bringing the crew is the daughter of the man who bought my Mondial. I think they are a cable station.

She wants to put together a piece about Ferrari owners and enthusiasts. It will air on Direct TV.

She confirmed this afternoon that she is bringing a video crew to meet us in Calabassas and video the drive down and meet and do some interviews of willing persons in Long Beach.

When it is complete it will air nationally on Direct TV. I know Direct TV has some Chinese stations that they carry.

It sounds like fun. I hope that a bunch of guys can meet in Calabassas.

I have asked Craig (BeachBum) and Bob Callahan to join us. Craig is on the fence and I have not heard from Bob. Rob Garven from Ventura cannot make it but Henry Chin, also from Ventura, is trying to contact Bob and catch a passenger seat if Bob is going. I also asked Mike Tinker. He is going to try but was not definite.

I haven't reached Scott P yet.

If Craig cannot make it, he will definitely join us next week for the Marty drive.

19. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    chinese channel? cool!! :) Hmmm, I guess being chinese, I'm a target! ;) Ron, looking forward to seeing you on sunday.

B.

20. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Byron et all,

I talked to Ron today and he said there was a FDC event next week going to SB. I could not find a thread on this. But if it is going down I want to invite everyone to my house on the way up and i will open up my indoor shrine this time? Sorry i cant make this week but next will be a go.

Rob

21. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    I love being interviewed by those Chinese stations at the Silverstate Classic. (Or was it Japanese?) Anyways........ After I answered every question, I would move my lips, but not say anything, then yell GODZILLA!!! It really cracked them up!!!

See you guys there!

Rick

22. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    damn damn damn, i have to go work on the house in la canada this weekend, the neighbors informed me the roof on the poolhouse came loose in the heavy winds this past week.

one of these days guys i'll be able to catch up with you.

23. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    I talked to my dad and he is very interested in going. I will probably be with him this sunday and if I can go I will bring my laptop to show all you guys the movie I made from the Enzo run. But where is the meeting location in O.C. if we wanted to meet with you guys. We will probably just go straight there since we already live in Long Beach.

Oh, and does anyone have the address of the Yard House? My dad would like to do a mapquest so we know exactly where to go.

Hope to see you guys there!
    -David

24. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    David - If you bring your video on a CD-ROM or DVD, I can convert it to a format that people can access over the Web...

25. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    jdb, I am still trying to figure out how to get it on a CD. What I think I need to do is make the file self-contained, split the movie about 3 times and then size the movie down! I am still looking for other solutions, but if I figure it out, I will be sure to let you all know.

YESSS! This weekend is getting better already! I just got my High School Acceptance letters! I have been accepted to Distinguished Scholars at Wilson high school, QUEST at Millikin, and CAMS (California Academy of Mathematics and Science)! I have already decided that I am going to CAMS. My weekend will be getting even better tomorrow!

-David