Official Ferrari photos of 612 replacement. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Official Ferrari photos of 612 replacement.

Discussion in '612/599' started by jjmalez, Jan 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    The what??

2. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    It's the highly appropriate 'Wood Panels to exterior side panels'.

3. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    +1 I can't stand it.

4. 736973

736973 Karting

Nov 25, 2007
    #54 736973, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    Now,suddenly I have a feeling that the 456M is the best looking 4 seater ever. I do understand the FF when it comes to technology, it is years ahead, it has AWD and all the goodies, also very powerful. But the car doesn't give me the classy feeling anymore, looks very Japanese and too much like an everyday car that you drive to work. maybe ferrari will really build a 4 door seden very soon.

5. masterflex164

masterflex164 Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    I feel like a AWD Ferrari is almost sacrilegious, but I like it :D

6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This was years ago when Ferrari did some tech exchange deal wih Audi. I remember it getting very little press. There have been patent scketches for this also for a while now. I think I still have some. Will try to find.

7. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #57 isuk, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Tonza

Tonza Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    If they wanted to make a station wagon, they should have included 4 doors. At least it would have some utility then. I can't imagine paying $350k for that monstrosity. I suspect whoever designed and approved this should start polishing up the resume.

9. Murcielago_Boy

Murcielago_Boy Formula Junior

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord
    The guy who approved it would be Montezemolo. He needs contact lenses or the opinions of someone that can see.

10. wendys is good

wendys is good Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2005
    Cincinnati Ohio
    I think if the front was better it would pull the car together more and I would be in the camp that liked it.

11. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    They started doing the same thing as the Germans.
    Building ugly cars and sell them anyway.

No sorry, that car is not my thing.

12. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    Look everybody they designed their first cross over vehicle! Maybe they will start making family sedans and SUVs like Porsche....... I hope that is not the direction they are heading.

What was so wrong with a car like the F40? Light weight, high power, and a raw driving experience. Now they go and make a car like this. Im sure it will grow on others and myself overtime but at the moment I'm in the dislike bin.

13. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I agree. It looks like a hatchback. I think you'll see a negative reaction here in the States.

If it was a new Audi or Volvo, I'd probably be more excited. I wouldn't call it ugly, but for a Ferrari it's a little domestic looking.

Maybe so -- a Ferrari badge and some level of practicality would be good recipe for increasingly wealthy Asian buyers.

If a design is overly color-dependent, it's not a good design. The Lusso, 330 GTC and Daytona look good in anything, including primer...

Not sure it's fair to compare the F40 to a four seater. You can achieve more drama with no practical requirements other than "go fast".

14. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
  15. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Diggin' the Breadvan ...

16. polm

polm Rookie

Jun 2, 2004
    horrible in grey ...

that definitly not the successor to the 456 and 612 for me...

this ff is only a break version to the 599

17. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    I'm not sure you could compare this to a Lusso or Daytona. A 330 GTC yes, but the early designs weren't very well received at all either. I still think it looks better in other colors. As always I have to see it in person to really decide, having said that the styling is probably it's weakest point. Everything else though is incredible

18. Furanku

Furanku Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Sure, but the 456 doesn't look so good in red (IMHO), yet I don't think many people as of today will say the FF looks better than the FF...

19. skyhigh

skyhigh Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    SoCal
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLPRluGolNY[/ame]

20. luca67

luca67 Rookie

Feb 23, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Luca Nencetti
    I like it!
    But the name FF reminds me of the very first 4wd GT car, the 1966 Jensen FF.
    Similar shape and engine size, 6.2 liters… and body designed and built by Carrozzeria Vignale in Italy. I always liked those Jensen anyway.

... or for more Ferrari related inspiration, think the GTO breadvan...

ciao

21. itwizard

itwizard Karting

May 23, 2010
    The bulge in the rear that essentially makes it seem "station wagoney" is reminiscent of the slight bulge seen in the rear of the Maserati GranTurismo (also designed by Pininfarina not surprisingly) that makes the Maserati slightly lose its "coupe" hoodline.

But I think in the Maserati, the slight bulge adds a level of "executive" feel that lifts it slightly away from the all out sportiness it would have had if it had a single swooping coupe line straight back. On the FF however, I think they did a little too much with that rear bulge (which is simply to add headroom for rear passengers) and it is skips past "executive" and moves straight to "soccer mom."

If the 612 didn't have timing belts, I would pick one up right now. Maybe I will anyway given the prices they're going for:p

22. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

#72 Chicko, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    The idea of the "shooting break" concept i like, but the design execution here is very poor.

Where's the curves, the elegance or the beauty ?

I will reserve my final judgements until i see the car in real, but on these preview pictures, i'm disappointed, in fact i preferred the concept drawing done by a member on here.

23. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    I keep hearing that cars like the Porsche Panamera and, now the Ferrari FF, cater to Asian markets. They really have this propensity for awkwardly designed utilitarian-performance cars? LOL

As for the FF, its a polarizing design but I was hoping for something more coherent.

24. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Just in case you guys missed it, they had a live performance before the unveiling of the FF in Maranello.....enjoy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3ZUtv58YLA&feature=related[/ame]

25. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I don´t like the interior, it´s too much normal for such a weird exterior. And I really hate that California-style screen.