Enzo & F50 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Enzo & F50

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by F50CHAP, Jan 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Murcielago_Boy

Murcielago_Boy Formula Junior

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord
    Is this the car that had the straight through tubi? It sounded mental!!! Congratulations on a fine purchase and collection!!

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Congrats!! Amazing combo there..Looking forward to a few videos :)

3. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    George, if you don't mind me asking. What do you mean that Ferrari wasn't pleased? What happened? Can you elaborate?

4. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I assume it goes back to the same old story of exclusivity. When Ferrari has certain limited models that they dont want changing hands that easy...especially when others may be waiting. Remember when the F50 came out and how they were only allowed to be leased and NO one was allowed to sell!? :)

Once again, enjoy your great collection Matt & George.

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Huge congratulations, Matt! This car was for sale back in November - did you buy it from someone also named Matt? How many miles were on it when you took delivery?

I'm also interested in the serial number of that other car in your garage? Is it a 355 or a 360 Spider?

Also, that F50 serial number doesn't jive with my records. Are you certain it's 104832, or was there a typo?

6. F50CHAP

F50CHAP Karting

Nov 20, 2007
    uk
    Full Name:
    matt
    We emailed back in November when I first looked at the car and finally completed the purchase last week - the delay due to hefty negotiations with the other half!
    Its got about 18500 km on it - so 11.5k miles.

Oops, my apologies for the typo - the F50 is 104382. The 355 Spider is a '96 will check the serial number next time I take it out.

Matt

7. F50CHAP

F50CHAP Karting

Nov 20, 2007
    uk
    Full Name:
    matt
    Yes - its got a straight through tubi, although it still has the cats on it! And it does sound pretty mental - I shall try and keep it that way as long as I can get away with it!

It is not as noisy though as the decatted straight-through F50! Although I normally keep the silencers on now and keep the straight-through pipes for special occasions as I recorded 116 decibels stationary in the drivers seat at 4250rpm and to be honest the car wasnt happy below that coughing and spluttering. Apparently the engine needs some back pressure to work properly.

Matt.

8. Murcielago_Boy

Murcielago_Boy Formula Junior

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord
    A pal of mine has an Enzo with this setup and on cold start it's earth shatteringly loud, but beyond that, it's actually not too noisy and suits the car.
    The F50 with the full straight through is absolutely insane. You should always keep the engine above 4250rpm anyway :) - as of course you'd know better than anyone, above that is where the F50 goes ballistic!!

Look forward to hearing more of you impressions and comparisons between the two cars. Enjoy!!!

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Cant wait to listen to that Enzo cold start :)

10. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I am trying to resolve it with them... I will let you know once I have a definite answer...

11. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I knew this already; sorry for making you re-type it. Next time I'll just look it up first before asking stupid questions. :)

12. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    Congrats and enjoy!

13. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    What a stunning combo!

Congratulations :)

14. VF1Skullangel

VF1Skullangel Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2008
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Now all you need is an F-40 and your complete :)

15. stocky

stocky Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Bolton , England.
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Congratulations on your purchase , having seen your F50 many times i guess it wont be too long until we see the Enzo at a UK FOC event !! Andy.

16. Jonny5

Jonny5 Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    Congratulations, a stunning pair. Any reasons why the car appeared to be below market £££?

17. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I checked this car out for a friend, but he was too slow and missed it. It is a good car, two owners if I am not mistaken and no accidents. Definitely mispriced -too cheap- in my opinion, but I believe Hartley had two in stock and just wanted to reduce his exposure. Good buy in my view... My Enzo has 1100 miles on and every mile drops the price by 100 quid! This car on the other hand I would really enjoy!

18. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Bizarrely, this car was available through the main dealer network the previous month for £100k more!

Paul

19. Jonny5

Jonny5 Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    @ Dick Lovetts?

20. F50CHAP

F50CHAP Karting

Nov 20, 2007
    uk
    Full Name:
    matt
    There was a great deal of interest in the car both from home and abroad - naturally it was priced to sell as opposed to a lot of cars in the marketplace which would sell if the vendor was offered the right money. One factor on price is the mileage of 11,500 which could put off some potential customers. For me it meant that I could use the car without being too mindful of keeping the mileage down.

George is right in so far as Tom Hartley had just sold one Enzo just prior to this one coming up and also had/has another one in stock at that time.

The last owner had also just purchased something rather tasty so was reasonably motivated to sell.

21. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Congratulations to you both. Some excellent choices were made! Any new pictures available: please post them!

Gr. Martin

22. 599_GTB

599_GTB Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    Full Name:
    Josef
    Congrats! Enjoy driving this amazing car!!!!! Hope that there comes no new snow..... great collection, F50, Enzo, F355 Spider, Calidornia, 997TT..... amazing.....

23. Anthony.Ferrari

Feb 2, 2011